• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"P.T" Interactive teaser up on PSN Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyborg771

Neo Member
I'm there too. I have no idea what to do next.

Look for a hole in the wall, for me it's always been on the right, right before a corner. Here's a diagram:

| H
| |
| |

It should be at eye height. Just slow down at all the corners and look quickly. Shouldn't take long.

I always though it had something to do with streaming or the mic or something. I thought about that old trick Kojima played when fighting Psycho Mantis and you had to switch controller ports and I tried turning off the DS4 and tuning the speaker on and off, i even tried plugging it in to both ports. I had the mic on reading the messages out loud when I beat it but wasn't sure if it had anything to do with completing it.
oh, Kojima.

Cudder

Wow, so you actually need to speak to the game? Or are headphones plugged into mic adequate?

Considering Kojimas tweets about playing it with headphones on, this totally makes sense.

Damnit I got a giggle about 10 mins ago by talking into my mic but I'm back to nothing happening again.

I think this is really it, guys. After spending a lot of time playing the loop, couldn't get a second giggle. Then I started streaming, couldn't get a second giggle. THEN I saw this suggestion, plugged in the mic (and enabled audio for the stream just in case), and stared at the phone after the first giggle. I made noise into the mic and shortly thereafter the second giggle came, followed soon after by the third giggle and the phone ring.

I really think this could be it, given how immediately I was able to reproduce it after having no luck for the longest time.

Yup, plugged in my headset, nothing. Said a word "HELP!" and instantly got giggles.

Here's my gameplay I posted earlier where I had my camera mic enabled and was constantly talking.

I guess we can see if there is a correlation to the game picking up your audio and the giggles.

edit: I don't think I've seen anyone NOT using a mic get past the first giggle.

this is utterly fantastic. gaf has found the solution after so much time, effort, and collaboration.

And that is the point of this teaser; it is a viral ARG-like demo that requires offline collaboration to figure out. This gets people talking about the game, and all of a sudden you have good word of mouth advertising for Silent Hills.

IrishNinja

Here's my gameplay I posted earlier where I had my camera mic enabled and was constantly talking.

I guess we can see if there is a correlation to the game picking up your audio and the giggles.

true, at 11:40 or so you clearly say helloooooo right at the phone and get nothin'

Don't touch that dial.

*Tries to touch it*

*It happens*

Will never touch a radio again.

haha wait i didn't try that, did it get you killed? that'd be as awesome as that other guy who said he tried to photo a ghost who then disappeared & ambushed him from behind

Cyborg771

Neo Member
It's ok, I'm still fucking stuck. Now I'm just aimless wandering the hallway yelling HELP and HELLO into my mic like a crazy person. Went back to the bathroom and looked at the baby and randomly got more giggles. But nothing else is happening, still no controller vibration or phone.

You need two laughs, there are a few other ways to get laughs pretty regularly. Some people look at the radio until the bells chime then look at the phone. Others look from the phone to the HELL message. Once this happens, THEN plug in the mic and say something. Good luck!

EL CUCO

What kind of mic are you guys using?

I have the first Gen Sony headset that works through USB and not having much luck.

Uhhhh K WTF. I'm still stuck so I'm scrolling through this thread, my controller on the desk beside me and headphones still on. All of a sudden some guy in a radio voice came on for a second (and no it wasnt coming through the in game radio). Couldn't make out what he said though.

XaosWolf

Has anyone asked for "J" in the telephone?

I'm still bouncing around ideas for all that text we see/collect.

Also, playing with a headset makes this 10x creepier...geeze

It was bad enough on it's own

Welcome to my world. Out of Shadow Shadow Bo Badow, through Double Hell, straight into Scary Town.

Dr Bass

Yeah for the record I already had a first laugh by walking around and doing who knows what before I plugged in the mic.

Cudder

true, at 11:40 or so you clearly say helloooooo right at the phone and get nothin'

haha wait i didn't try that, did it get you killed? that'd be as awesome as that other guy who said he tried to photo a ghost who then disappeared & ambushed him from behind

I don't think it would be instantaneous. But so far everyone that has gotten the 2nd/3rd giggle has had a mic from what I've seen.

XaosWolf

Does anyone know if the giggles "save" when looping? Like if I walk through the door again do I have to re-trigger them?

The door resets everything. So you have to get Giggles all over again.

If the mic works, it must be something specific. Otherwise all the streamers' irate expletives would have set it off much more frequently.
And there'd have to be a way for it to work without mic.

IrishNinja

I don't think it would be instantaneous. But so far everyone that has gotten the 2nd/3rd giggle has had a mic from what I've seen.

just got to your bit with the 2nd & 3rd, right at the radio too...man that must've felt as awesome as your set of squats, haha

i'd venture to say a few on here may've gotten through without it, but you're right that the twitch folks seem to have better luck, so this feels like a factor. really not surprising when you think about it, just a next-gen way of plugging your controller into the 2nd port or some shit.

Ok so after playing it for HOURS and being stuck at the end...

I plugged in my mic and went to the phone and said "Hello!"

Immediately got a second laugh. I said "Hello!" again. Controller rumbled...

Phone rang.

It has to be tied to having a mic plugged in. I spent hours trying to solve this last night with no mic plugged in. I literally finished it about 30 seconds after having my mic plugged in and talking at the phone...

spB7eIm.jpg

KOOOJIIIMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

LakeEarth

Giving up after a second night in a row. I've repeated the steps from 5+ videos of different people beating it, nothing. I can only get the first giggle consistently.

Yeah for the record I already had a first laugh by walking around and doing who knows what before I plugged in the mic.

Same. I already had the one giggle from doing the 10 step thing and tried the mic trick as a last resort...not long after I got a giggle...then another one...vibration...phone ring..and the end

fastmower

It took me about 10 minutes of talking into the mic. And then I said the word J and hello into the phone and I got the baby laughs.

KurowaSan

I can't believe it. I got it too... the damn mic. Went from the phone, to the bathroom and then to the doorstep just before the starway while saying something on the mic, and there it was, the second and third giggle.

I can rest now

SappYoda

I think one of the picture messages says to call his name or something like that.

Maybe the game recognizes our speech and expects us to say his name.

Mic theory is intriguing. I just always have the stock headset plugged into the controller so I never thought twice about that. And I was talking quite a bit earlier when I did clear it...hmm. Makes as much sense as anything else at the moment at least haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom