• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"P.T" Interactive teaser up on PSN Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloodwake

I got a little into the game, then a demon girl jumped out and snapped my neck.

I shrieked like a little girl and shit myself.

I give this two thumbs up for awesome ambience and creativity.

Cyborg771

Neo Member
Just to confirm, has anyone completed the game WITHOUT the mic being plugged in? It may not be a guaranteed method, but it might be a required part of the solution.

Arkage

Banned
It might be a thing where the ghost keeps spawning to try to scare you, so you make a scream type noise, and the baby laughs because it thinks you being scared is funny? Twisted.

KurowaSan

Just to confirm, has anyone completed the game WITHOUT the mic being plugged in? It may not be a guaranteed method, but it might be a required part of the solution.

I've been trying for HOURS without a mic and no luck. Mic on and a new loop and took me less than 5 minutes.

For those who doesn't seem to work, if you are using the cheap mic that came with the PS4, make sure it's on as it has a switch.

Trixxstrr

Plugging in the mic worked for me!
Went to the clock first, stared at the clock first until the bells.
Then to the fetus, got the first laugh,
Then to the radio. Got next laugh, then it vibrated, then phone rang.
Stared at phone for a few seconds and then chosen.
I didn't do that order without the mic either, so might have been coincidence too.

Ok, I got the second set by shouting into my mic in the bathroom looking at the baby while the ghost is sobbing/music is playing. Controller vibrated a bit and I ran to the phone but then the vibration stopped. Now what?

Manu

Okay, my controller vibrated and I heard the deep voice in the radio, but no phone ring or giggle. What the fuck.

Lucent

Ok, I got the second set by shouting into my mic in the bathroom looking at the baby while the ghost is sobbing/music is playing. Controller vibrated a bit and I ran to the phone but then the vibration stopped. Now what?

As soon as you hear the 2nd giggle, do not move at all. You should get more giggles and the phone will eventually start ringing. Just don't go to the phone til it starts ringing.

stufte

Mic also worked for me! Spent hours trying random shit, plug in a mic and giggles come in under 10 mins. Just staring at the radio talking into the mic. Woo!

Riptwo

Mic worked for me too. After something like ten hours of failed trial and error, I got it on my first loop with the mic while standing in front of the phone and talking. VICTORY.

Yep, mic confirmed. Had my camera mic disabled the entire time, but enabled it about an hour ago. Nothing changed, so i plugged in the pack-in headset and bam. Had to start a new loop but it worked after that. First giggle with 10 step method, the second two by talking shit in the mic (Lisa, J, Hello, expletives, etc).
Had the phone ringing for like 30 seconds though lol
Edit: doesn't have to be in front of the phone. I was talking by the top of the stairs when the second giggle occurred

There's definitely a mandatory time gap you have to wait in between first set of giggles and talking to get the second set.

I just don't know if it's random or fixed.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Okay, screw it. I'll try the mic thing with the sony gold headset(incoming heart attack). I'll try the 10 step giggle, then try using the mic and seeing if it works.

I've been at this for hours between today and yesterday and nothing else has worked.

http://www.twitch.tv/papercuts0

Albert12851

Neo Member
I keep trying with the MIC and it won't work :( Yes the button is on and I have already checked that is correctly working on the Audio Settings.

Tigress

Well, I take it back about the mic. I tried screaming at times during the "music" that would be where I might scream if I saw the ghost and apparently timing my screams was the trick for me cause that worked like a charm. Without the mic no luck and with the mic but random screaming/talking did not seem to work.

IconGrist

Mic theory seems to be it. I was streaming when I heard the first giggle and got excited. I started saying "I got the first giggle, I got the first giggle!" As I walked to the phone I got the sexing giggle and said "Oh shit! Second giggle". A few seconds a third giggle and then the phone rang lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom