• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Palmer Luckey backs Trump with shell companies using Chrono Trigger names

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
'harassed' them with these articles?

come on now, that's ridiculous

hey man, i'm just pointing out there's two sides to this! i'm just an independent here -- i have no horse in this race though i HATE when gaming gets political

Sianos

"We’ve proven that shitposting is powerful and meme magic is real.” - Palmer Luckey

Some might say this declaration is an example of the narrative element "foreshadowing".

danm999

I mean he is using money that came directly or indirectly from gamers for a gaming related product to fund shell companies who are named after things from a beloved classic game.

Might be gaming related IDK

What a total fucking piece of shit. Glad he's out of the gaming industry. Can't wait to watch your fat orange god get impeached you loser.

'harassed' them with these articles?

come on now, that's ridiculous

If we're going by the vague definition of what is considered harassment now, then sure. We all know he leans that way and that people don't like that. Who cares? If it doesn't affect VR then it's whatever to me. They had an ax to grind with him is all I'm saying. To be clear I am a VR enthusiast and own a PS VR, Gear VR, etc.

Zomba13

The thing that makes this worse is how he's trying to hide it. Support who you like, whatever. You can support Trump and his horrible views and it just means I won't support you. It's all ok. But trying to hide your views is just scummy and makes you seem untrustworthy and even less worthy of my support. Yeah, saying you support Trump and actively funding him would get you a ton of hate and lose the support of a ton of people so I get why you'd want to hide it, but hiding it just makes you seem like a scared little kid and makes me like you even less.

I'm strongly anti-Trump and anti people who support him (there are so many reasons why) but it's better to be proud of you support of this racist bigot than to hide behind shell companies named after things from a game you like, all while pretending you don't support Trump.

Chumley

Banned
If he honestly believes that rhetoric, I will legitimately consider going Switch only for the remainder of the Gen. Known idiots are one thing, but I couldn't take feeling betrayed by someone as seemingly-cool as Yosp.

I can't think of many good reasons to be following Alex Jones on twitter.

ryseing

Yeah... I dunno. What possible reason can someone who's not a journalist have for following fucking Alex Jones twice?!?

Maybe Yosp followed him the first time for the lolz, ate a bowl of chili and forgot he followed him the first time, and then followed the other account.

Sianos

it turns out that maybe demonizing polite discourse and the general principle of being respectful towards others by shoving it under the cursed categorical cluster of "political correctness" and normalizing name-calling may have had unforeseen consequences

no one ever said the social justice warriors would get to say mean things too :(

(that's another example of foreshadowing right there, that the group pejoratively called "warriors" might be good at yelling too)

Fat4all

Banned
I don't think we should be making massive jumps on peoples personalities and principals solely based on twitter follows.

Sianos

If we're going by the vague definition of what is considered harassment now, then sure. We all know he leans that way and that people don't like that. Who cares? If it doesn't affect VR then it's whatever to me. They had an ax to grind with him is all I'm saying. To be clear I am a VR enthusiast and own a PS VR, Gear VR, etc.

what is the vague definition of harassment these days?

i can recall a very infamous harassment group that involved itself in video games recently, one that had a humanoid mascot dressed in a distinct green and purple outfit... maybe if we examine that groups' actions we can discover what harassment is

exhibit a
exhibit b

Acorn

Is anyone surprised? He's a rich silicon valley frogbro. Who is he ever going to interact with to change his views?

L Thammy

I may not care about the well being of people of other races, sexes, gender identities and the like, but I'll be damned if someone will stand here and shittalk the people who brought me my gaming devices. A man has to draw a line in the sand, dammit.

/s /s /s

First Linda McMahon, now Palmer Lucky continue donating money to the man who already has billions of dollars.

Why is Trump ok with these handouts? Doesn't he believe in bootstraps? Yet rich people wanna donate all their money to another rich guy.

This inauguration donation fund is a thing that's always been around. They are making a big deal out of it for Trump for some reason.

https://www.opensecrets.org/obama/inaug.php

Johndoey

Banned

1. Again accurate reporting on the behavior of public figures isn't "harassment".

2. To the bolded. Leave the damn thread then fool.

Alucrid

Banned

i imagine the guy who repeatedly stressed that he was voting for gary johnson does

First Linda McMahon, now Palmer Lucky continue donating money to the man who already has billions of dollars.

Why is Trump ok with these handouts? Doesn't he believe in bootstraps? Yet rich people wanna donate all their money to another rich guy.
If her donating to Trump was the first indication that Linda McMahon was a terrible person you haven't been paying attention

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
If he honestly believes that rhetoric, I will legitimately consider going Switch only for the remainder of the Gen. Known idiots are one thing, but I couldn't take feeling betrayed by someone as seemingly-cool as Yosp.

I'm sure a ton of people who follow Alex Jones do so for comedy and not because they believe in Infowars garbage.

A lot of people also enjoy reading things they disagree with. I'm sure people who post things like "ugh don't read the comments on that youtube video" are some of the quickest to scroll to said comments to read them.

Interesting that several NFL team owners were high donors.

Five of the million-dollar donors are NFL owners: Robert Kraft of the New England Patriots (through Kraft Group LLC), Bob McNair of the Houston Texans, Dan Snyder of the Washington Redskins, Stan Kroenke of the Los Angeles Rams (and also of Arsenal, the Premier League soccer team) and Shahid Khan of the Jacksonville Jaguars. Of those, Kraft, Kroenke and Khan hadn’t previously sent any money Trump’s way, while Snyder gave a mere $534. McNair, however, was all in, giving more than $2 million to the campaign and super PACs.

Wonder if people will boycott New England Patriots games and merchandise.

Corporate donors who gave $1 million included AT&T, Bank of America, Boeing, Dow Jones and Qualcomm. American Action Network, a dark money political nonprofit that’s linked to the main super PAC supporting House Republicans, also shelled out $1 million

Time to cancel att and close that bank of America account.

He's the funniest guy ever. I follow a guy on youtube that just takes clips from his show(i imagine his actual twitter is just shilling) but I love Alex Jones. He's so insane. If he IS just a performance artist, he's an excellent and incredibly talented one, objectively. If he's for real he's the most batshit insane person in the world with a spotlight on him. Either way, it's entertaining. I think just because you follow him doesn't mean you agree with .00001% of what he says.

He's the funniest guy ever. I follow a guy on youtube that just takes clips from his show(i imagine his actual twitter is just shilling) but I love Alex Jones. He's so insane. If he IS just a performance artist, he's an excellent and incredibly talented one, objectively. If he's for real he's the most batshit insane person in the world with a spotlight on him. Either way, it's entertaining. I think just because you follow him doesn't mean you agree with .00001% of what he says.

Yeah, i think he's hilarious to laugh at. I would never watch his actual show or support it but some of the parody videos or clips on YouTube of him being stupid are really funny.

pizzacat

Banned
I don't think we should be making massive jumps on peoples personalities and principals solely based on twitter follows.

people here at neogaf attack personalities when they dont outright violently hate anyone who disagrees with them

what makes you think they wont hate someone for actually liking said disagreer(?)

Also important to note:

The 58th Presidential Inaugural Committee will begin the winding down process of the organization,” according to a statement from the committee. “As part of this process, PIC will identify and evaluate charities that will receive contributions left from the excess monies raised. This information will be released at a later date when the organization’s books are fully closed.

Since Trump raised significantly more than Obama due to more lax restrictions on donations, and had a smaller event overall, one would expect a large portion of these donations to wind up going to a charity, but which one has not yet been decided.

I wonder if that news will get a fraction of the attention the inauguration donations do.

Interesting that several NFL team owners were high donors.

Wonder if people will boycott New England Patriots games and merchandise.

Time to cancel att and close that bank of America account.

I love you try and pick one of the WORST fucking banks in America to try and prove your point. Try again champ.

I love you try and pick one of the WORST fucking banks in America to try and prove your point. Try again champ.

And what exactly was my point?

I just read through an article pointing out the biggest donors. If people want to point fingers about who donated, it's all out there. Send a message if you don't like them supporting him, that's all.

CazTGG

I hope Palmer steps on a Lego brick in the middle of the night.

Bad enough he's funded alt-right groups, now he's giving money to President Pussygrabber...also something something Chrono Trigger is the goat something something appropriation.

Chrono Trigger is overpraised but it sure as hell didn't deserve to be dragged by this blight.

latest

jukeboxzer0

Neo Member
So many babies in here worrying about yosp following whoever on social media. "I'm gonna switch consoles this gen cus of it", lol, get over yourselves. I mean some people follow all kinds of groups on social media, it does not mean they automatically share the same views as those groups/people. Also does it really matter, especially since yosp usually comes off as nice/genuine guy.

Top Bottom