• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Palmer Luckey backs Trump with shell companies using Chrono Trigger names

Bodies getting DROPPED in this thread.

On-topic though - these contributions are post-reveal of him being NimbleRichMan, so I wonder why he's trying to disguise them. If you feel ashamed or embarrassed of who you support politically, you might wanna reconsider your positions or just stop contributing, dude.

I'm guessing because the contributions were made when he was still working with Facebook, and he didn't want to stir the pot any more than he already had.

Cartman86

Banned
He's still a relevant gaming personality.

Dumbass even showed up to a Giant Bomb Panel at Pax after the slagged him off for his support of White Nationalists.

Wait what? Did he really show up on GB after that? No way. I need to look this up.

Edit: oh do you mean he was in the crowd?

Just for the record this type of behavior is perfectly normal. What is abnormal is Luckey's extreme nerdom and use of Chrono Trigger inspired shell corporations. On the other hand it really seems like the gamer media would prefer their leaders to be predominately liberal which raises questions about the industry as a whole. It's really easy to hate on nerds, I'm willing to bet some other gaming CEOs probably gave millions, but ulp... those are dude bro guys best not to questi.... tip toes away

To be fair he follows over 1000 people including Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders. Obviously him following these people doesn't inherently mean he agrees with them.
I think it's more healthy to follow everyone and get both sides than just pick one and be in a bubble. Especially for someone that's forgein.

Anyone able to update me on why this person is hated?
supported Trump with memes and money or something

Dremark

Banned
I think it's more healthy to follow everyone and get both sides than just pick one and be in a bubble. Especially for someone that's forgein.

I agree completely, particularly about foreign politics. I know people on line from all over the world so when I read about political stuff I'll occasionally ask them about it for perspective as well.

But yeah regardless of who Shu follows it doesn't seem like his follow is an endorsement as he's looking at both ends of the spectrum. If anything it seems like he's hearing both sides out.

Ugh. Of all the good causes a jobless billionaire could support, and he decides to celebrate a racist vile wannabe dictator. Go fuck yourself, Palmer.

Just for the record this type of behavior is perfectly normal. What is abnormal is Luckey's extreme nerdom and use of Chrono Trigger inspired shell corporations. On the other hand it really seems like the gamer media would prefer their leaders to be predominately liberal which raises questions about the industry as a whole. It's really easy to hate on nerds, I'm willing to bet some other gaming CEOs probably gave millions, but ulp... those are dude bro guys best not to questi.... tip toes away

I'm not sure what you mean - that we and much (most?) of the media would like gaming figureheads to be liberal, tolerant and supportive of equality? Yeah, of course. Why does this raise questions?! I'm sure there are probably other execs who are supportive of Trump, although it probably wouldn't cause as much controversy as Luckey because of the way he rose to fame and the way he used and the way we found out about his racist propaganda.

Murkas

Why would you donate to an already rich man when you're rich as fuck yourself?

Guy needs to learn how to live the rich lifestyle with the sports cars and blonde bimbos...

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
But the future refused to change.

UrbanRats

supported Trump with memes and money or something
Alex Jones is a clown that put people in danger with his clownery, as well as pretending Sandy Hook massacre was a hoax.
This is not a both sides kind of argument.

He's just a piece of shit exploiting dumbasses for money, while putting other people in danger.

Squire

Banned
So many babies in here worrying about yosp following whoever on social media. "I'm gonna switch consoles this gen cus of it", lol, get over yourselves. I mean some people follow all kinds of groups on social media, it does not mean they automatically share the same views as those groups/people. Also does it really matter, especially since yosp usually comes off as nice/genuine guy.

If Yoshida finds any value in the shit Jones says, it does matter. What doesn't is how nice he may appear on the surface.

Spaghetti

If Yoshida finds any value in the shit Jones says, it does matter. What doesn't is how nice he may appear on the surface.
As was covered on a previous page, he follows a pretty eclectic group of people, many of which are contradictory to this emerging narrative about being somehow deep into InfoWars.

TheContact

I love how following people on twitter automatically makes that person as bad as who they follow... What is wrong with some people smh

Squire

Banned
As was covered on a previous page, he follows a pretty eclectic group of people, many of which are contradictory to this emerging narrative about being somehow deep into InfoWars.

I saw that post, I don't think a narrative is emerging, and my point stands. I don't think he does, but if Yosp bought into Jones than Yeah, my relationship with PlayStation would need to change.

I love how following people on twitter automatically makes that person as bad as who they follow... What is wrong with some people smh

That isn't what I said, but going through this thread I assure you I'm wondering the same thing.

timberger

That's actually just weird as hell but at least he didn't drag a good game into it. Whatevs... dude sucks so nothing about him would surprise me at this point.

Seriously with this?

Expect a lot more of those from the rest of the usual suspects soon enough.

Dremark

Banned
I don't think we should be making massive jumps on peoples personalities and principals solely based on twitter follows.

I mean if Shu followed like 20 people and Jones and Trump were 3 out of the 20 I'd think that probably indicates his political views lean a certain way.

The guy follows over 1000 accounts, most of which seem to be other people in the industry (Many of which are his competitors) but the few political ones seem pretty split down the middle.

Following someone doesn't mean you endorse or agree with them. Shu follows Ken Lobb and SteamVR but I don't think it's because he's endorsing them.

Alex Jones is ridiculous. I don't use Twitter, but I could see following him after listening to him on Rogan just to hear the craziness.

Also donating $100,000 was Peter Thiel, the man who sued our previous owner Gawker Media out of existence

Lol, why not mention the reason too, that Gawker outed Thiel as gay? I wouldn't call any attention my ties to Gawker if they existed. Was a slimy company.

Preview of the trial hyper-conservatives want to foist upon Shillary:

chrono-trigger-trial-marle-stained-glass.jpg

TyrantII

I follow NoTaxation and I agree with him maybe 1-2% on politics.

Following doesn't mean supporting their every breath.

p2535748

He founded one of the big players in VR, seemed like a young up and coming genius in the field, geeky but overall likeable.

The first stuff was pretty minor: some took issue with the Facebook sale and the "walled garden they set out to produce. Then, Oculus goes through a rough launch, he doesn't handle the PR side of that particularly well. There's a trial with Bethesda during which some pretty strong allegations were made about his actual role in founding the company. There's some allegations about taking tech from Valve.

None of this is damning, but it's adding up.

Then, we discover that he's secretly funding "shitposting" campaigns to support Trump and drag down Clinton. For a lot of people, it's not so much that he supported Trump, it's that he spent his money on an organization tied to some of the ugliest sections of Trump supporters in the alt-right, and then acted blissfully unaware that there could be an issue with his behavior.

It's not just one thing, it's that the last eighteen months or so have kind of been a string of off putting information coming out about him, both small and large, and at some point most people just gave up on him.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I saw that post, I don't think a narrative is emerging, and my point stands. I don't think he does, but if Yosp bought into Jones than Yeah, my relationship with PlayStation would need to change.
I guarantee you someone on the Sony staff has non-negative thoughts about Alex Jones. Same can be said for a lot of things you buy.

Squire

Banned
I guarantee you someone on the Sony staff has non-negative thoughts about Alex Jones. Same can be said for a lot of things you buy.

I'm not worried about what I don't know and can't prove. I'm saying if it came to my attention and I knew for sure, that'd be something I need to consider.

On top of that "Sony team" is extremely nebulous. Who is that? I don't give a shit what James the janitor for the second floor of Sony HQ thinks. Yoshida is an executive; pretty big difference.

Same applies to all those other things I buy, as I'm sure you understand.

Luminaire

The worst part is that he hides what he's doing through shell companies and fake addresses. Perhaps this is normal but it looks some spineless skulking about, hoping no one catches you. If you have to act like that about someone you support and believe in rather than being up front about it...maybe they weren't the best choice? Then again I don't know much about politics, so it may be par for the course.

He can piss off with CT shit though.

He's a shithead who funded shit posting and meme campaigns as a means to disrupt and delegitimize the political process, aside from supportong Trump which is abhorrent in itself.

He's a 14 year old shit heel internet troll trapped in the body of a 24 year old multimillionaire.

Aselith

He got outed for providing funding for pro-Trump propaganda and then lied about it. Then, got caught then said he did it but just "for the lulz" because he's actually a libertarian and wouldn't even vote for Trump. But apparently has continued to fund Trump secretly.

People would have disliked him but probably been "oh well differences" if he just said he was a Trumpette but he went about it in a vile and duplicitous fashion that really set people off.

Top Bottom