• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Palmer Luckey backs Trump with shell companies using Chrono Trigger names

ZeoVGM

Banned
He's not in gaming any more. He's out. It's over. Time to move on.

Absolutely no one forced you to click the thread if you decided that you moved on and didn't care.

He is still a name in the gaming industry, even if he's left. And the actual details of the story are directly related to a beloved video game.

Shuhei Yoshida also follows Rachel Maddow, Al Gore, Bernie Sanders, Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton and numerous mainstream news sites/commentators.

My guess is that he's curious on American/world politics and follows accounts on all spectrums.

I don't believe he endorses Alex Jones and just has a large and unruly following feed that he might need to trim down.

He's still a relevant gaming personality.

Dumbass even showed up to a Giant Bomb Panel at Pax after the slagged him off for his support of White Nationalists.

No they harassed him and his GF with all those clickbait-y articles :\ she even withdrew from public life b/c of all the attacks. It's his money I could care less where people lean politically.

Definitely didn't have anything to do with her blatant racism being put on full display for everyone to see. Nope, not at all.

luckley defense force, what a time

Listen guys, I wanna talk about Palmer Luckey as much as the rest of you but all I'm saying is that we should stop sharing articles that show him in a negative light. I think that's a pretty reasonable thing to ask. /s

I don't care about Palmer Luckey anymore. What is the purpose of this thread other than to hate on him? Is there anything new or noteworthy that we need to find out about Luckey?

And what exactly was my point?

I just read through an article pointing out the biggest donors. If people want to point fingers about who donated, it's all out there. Send a message if you don't like them supporting him, that's all.
Here let me quote you:
"Time to cancel att and close that bank of America account."

Sure sounds like a statement to me. Obviously all these Trump hating GAFers should close their BoA accounts right? Stop shopping at Walmart too?

I'll leave it up to you to find the difference between a $400 Gaming Device and a bank account or shopping at Walmart.
Oh no, did NeoGAF make him cry for two days?
Okay I laughed at this.
He's still a relevant gaming personality.

Dumbass even showed up to a Giant Bomb Panel at Pax after the slagged him off for his support of White Nationalists.
Wow.

Spaghetti

Bodies getting DROPPED in this thread.

On-topic though - these contributions are post-reveal of him being NimbleRichMan, so I wonder why he's trying to disguise them. If you feel ashamed or embarrassed of who you support politically, you might wanna reconsider your positions or just stop contributing, dude.

hey man, i'm just pointing out there's two sides to this! i'm just an independent here -- i have no horse in this race though i HATE when gaming gets political
https://twitter.com/CaseyExplosion/status/854694204483809280

It's curious how all these folks who want to get "politics out of videogames" are always pushing a conservative political agenda.

C9x7VV4VwAAv5Iq.jpg

Chumley

Banned
He's the funniest guy ever. I follow a guy on youtube that just takes clips from his show(i imagine his actual twitter is just shilling) but I love Alex Jones. He's so insane. If he IS just a performance artist, he's an excellent and incredibly talented one, objectively. If he's for real he's the most batshit insane person in the world with a spotlight on him. Either way, it's entertaining. I think just because you follow him doesn't mean you agree with .00001% of what he says.

The dude pushed Pizzagate, which resulted in a place getting shot up, and wants his followers to believe Hillary Clinton is a devil who needs to go back to hell (a coded way of saying he wants her dead).

So funny, right?

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
He's the funniest guy ever. I follow a guy on youtube that just takes clips from his show(i imagine his actual twitter is just shilling) but I love Alex Jones. He's so insane. If he IS just a performance artist, he's an excellent and incredibly talented one, objectively. If he's for real he's the most batshit insane person in the world with a spotlight on him. Either way, it's entertaining. I think just because you follow him doesn't mean you agree with .00001% of what he says.
He spreads lies that have a real impact on innocent people. Not very funny at all.

Do you not remember the Pizzagate shooter, didn't know about him, or are you deliberately ignoring it

He spreads lies that have a real impact on innocent people. Not very funny at all.

Watching a youtube video someone cut together of him talking about turning the frogs gay set to music isn't hurting anyone.

If you're watching his show, yes, you're a bad person.

This would be like saying reading about a criminal helps the criminal hurt people.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Watching a youtube video someone cut together of him talking about turning the frogs gay set to music isn't hurting anyone.

This would be like saying reading about a criminal helps the criminal hurt people.

Read below

This post is saying 2 different things. First sentence claims that they only follow someone who makes clips of him. Last sentence defends following Alex Jones himself. Shenanigans here.

Fat4all

Banned

Being ignorant to a persons actions can only be so much of an excuse, depending on the individual. Alex Jones can legitimate be a funny person when shown through a keyhole, but his promotion of dangerous ideals and false media is something that should be known and acknowledged.

That is to say, even if I enjoyed Alex Jones comedy clips more than anything else, I would never say "I love Alex Jones" given the full scope of his actions.

low-G

If Hitler was alive and a gamer he'd probably list Chrono Trigger as his favorite JRPG of all time too. Think about that.

Chumley

Banned

We're not talking about a cut together youtube video, we're talking about Alex Jones in general. Following him on Twitter doesn't get you a bunch of hilarious stuff, it gets you brietbart articles and hardcore right wing videos from Infowars and other sites. It doesn't make any sense to be following him for the lols.

rhandino

Banned
Also donating $100,000 was Peter Thiel, the man who sued our previous owner Gawker Media out of existence.
dDsmGXL.gif

They still pressed about him ending their shitty parent company that more that deserved it? sldasdl;kas';de

A lot of people take his shit seriously and that's what makes him dangerous.

I love how people are really still riding that "it's just an opinion get over it" train.

This isn't some endorsement of trickle down economics, it's literally giving someone who encouraged political violence and called all Mexicans rapists the okay.

Yes, you should be against that.

I can't think of many good reasons to be following Alex Jones on twitter.

While not specifically about Jones, he's already responded to someone in the past and told them that he's interested in American politics in general. So, it makes sense from a perspective of what exactly everyone, even the most extreme, are consuming. And if you look at the majority of his political follows, you'll see that they're left wing (Maddow, The Onion, NPR, Gore, NYT etc).

I love how people are really still riding that "it's just an opinion get over it" train.

This isn't some endorsement of trickle down economics, it's literally giving someone who encouraged political violence and called all Mexicans rapists the okay.

No Hawke we need to consider his feelings too. He probably had a bad day when he said these things. He doesn't mean it but he can't back down on it now. Give him a chance.

/s

"How do we know he's racist though? Maybe he's just one of those guys that likes to date a racist and is super friendly with racist people. Come on guys, I think we can all admit that this is a very common thing for people to do."

"How do you know he supports Trump? He clearly said he supports Gary Johnson, learn how to read!"

Article comes out that proves that no, he totally supports Trump, he even tried to hide the fact that he gave him money.

"Why are you guys so obsessed with Palmer Luckey? Jesus let it go, can we finally stop talking about this?!"

"How do we know he's racist though? Maybe he's just one of those guys that likes to date a racist and is super friendly with racist people. Come on guys, I think we can all admit that this is a very common thing for people to do."

"How do you know he supports Trump? He clearly said he supports Gary Johnson, learn how to read!"

Article comes out that proves that no, he totally supports Trump, he even tried to hide the fact that he gave him money.

"Why are you guys so obsessed with Palmer Luckey? Jesus let it go, can we finally stop talking about this?!"
Mmhmm. Need to invest in a goalpost moving company tbh.

He must see some kinship in Trump. Both have businesses that they run into the ground by being abhorrent pieces of shit, and neither deserve their wealth.

So much for "I'm a libertarian", eh Palmer?

Top Bottom