• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAYDAY The Heist | PSN STEAM |OT| You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!

RetroGamer42: said:
I bought all four of the PSN Play games and never did get my voucher for this. Am I screwed?
PSN sent the code to my inbox on the 18th.

Game is fun but lacks a certain something when it comes to shooting. Still not bad considering I got this game for free from PSN Play.

The AI teammates suck big time on overkill mode, and joining random games usually end up in failure. PSN GAF add me up: Alien_Manobo

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Alien Manobo said:
PSN sent the code to my inbox on the 18th.

Game is fun but lacks a certain something when it comes to shooting. Still not bad considering I got this game for free from PSN Play.

The AI teammates suck big time on overkill mode, and joining random games usually end up in failure. PSN GAF add me up: Alien_Manobo
Yeah, shooting is weird, at least on the PS3.

Does this game has Coop between PC and PS3? If so, can i play with an US PS3 version of the game with my friend who uses the PC version from the european steam store?

DTKT

RaGMasTeR90 said:
Does this game has Coop between PC and PS3? If so, can i play with an US PS3 version of the game with my friend who uses the PC version from the european steam store?

I don't think it does cross-platform play.

Cmagus

Just finished the bank Heist after failing it twice.It's pretty intense and a really good challenge I also like the shooting it feels good.I accidentally deployed my ammo bag in the main lobby that was not fun trying to refill lol.

pelican

Was fed up after a late work night, but cheered right up when I saw this was out:)

Played a couple of games and really enjoyed it.

Steam Name is dogmanstaruk. Got a couple of GAF on it from the GAF Steam group. Feel free to add me if anyone wants to hook up.

Cmagus

oh wow at the Slaughterhouse I put that on Overkill and put like one foot inside the slaughterhouse and that was it I got destroyed no wonder they said good luck with that

ReaperXL7

man why has no one ever really done a great bank robbery game before? It seems like a concept that could really work overall when you think about it. Tried the demo for this, and I'm liking it quite a bit, got two surprises with this, and the real steel demo. So I'll probably pick this up soonish, anyone want to add me on psn it's ReaperXL7.

played the demo. I love the concept, and it's executed fairly well. Graphics are rough though, and more importantly the framerate isn't too hot. Makes it hard to aim or feel in full control when a bunch of shit is going on (snipers, smoke bombs, swat busting in, ect...). Still debating wheither or not to pick up the full game.

JWong

Banned
I only have issues with the controls. Had to turn sensitivity to like 20... definitely can't turn fast anymore, but I can aim.

ReaperXL7

Ninja Scooter said:
played the demo. I love the concept, and it's executed fairly well. Graphics are rough though, and more importantly the framerate isn't too hot. Makes it hard to aim or feel in full control when a bunch of shit is going on (snipers, smoke bombs, swat busting in, ect...). Still debating wheither or not to pick up the full game.

It's crazy because I was going through the heist and everything was going fine. Then all of a sudden my character starts flippin out and firing by himself with the screen on full spaz mode. I did know what they hell was going on, I thought maybe something was up with the system, turned out I was being tased by a cop hiding in the smoke, and the white text telling me so was also blocked by the smoke.

Still though, it's probably the best attempt at the concept thats happened yet. I'm still debating myself will probably buy it alittle later though.

Cmagus

Yeah you were being tazed, it's actually pretty cool when you get tazed and start randomly firing your gun I love trying to fight it and kill the guy.I have played through the bank, the streets and the drug house all have been really good and challenging.I played some online with some random guys and it was fun as well (got my mic coming tomorrow which will make it 10x better).

The only thing I wish they had was more objectives because the main objectives are always the same, however things like where a PC or something is located may be in different places but the main objectives are the same and it kind of feels routine.

Controls are good I like them.I like to take things slow and aim my shots although its pretty generous if you spray and pray.The audio is pretty good and for a downloadable title it looks great Id say almost on par with left 4 dead which it really borrows alot from.

I also wish the cops were a little smarter.They move around strategically but the harder you go it just kind of starts rushing waves in I mean you kill like ridiculous amounts of cops more than any city would have lol. The random spawns are good though. All playthroughs have been different and if you destroy cameras and stuff it really changes the environment which is great.

Id also say if you plan on going harder than Normal your gonna wanna play online because the team AI won't cut it.It's a different game when you play with others as AI won't go complete objectives leaving you to do everything which kind of sucks.They are good AI though when it comes to the gun play they certainly back you up and heal you well but again be prepared to do everything yourself aside from that.

I wish you could do more with hostages as well like take some with you to keep the cops from pursuing heavy fire when they come after you it would make for an amazing strategic element.Lastly the only thing I could think of is they could use some more character models as it looks funny when your in a crack house and business guys are running around it as hostages.

Jeramii

Banned
is there no way to adjust the graphics? i could find no advanced options, not that it looks bad or anything. just curious since most games are usually running at lower than my system is capable of.

this game is starting to grow on me. it's quite fun! i was playing with friends earlier but they all went to bed. so i tried playing with strangers and got stuck with one nice dude, one silent dude, and that guy who just complains and blames everyone for everything and doesn't have fun.

so if you're into playing for fun and just wanna play on normal mode and have a fun time, add me!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/jeramizzle

edit: fixed my link. linked you to my buddy by mistake. haha.

Seventy5

I wanted to play some co-op last night on PS3 but I got stuck in an endless loop of refreshing the games, joining, game full error, repeat for 20 minutes. I was so aggravated I just turned it off and played Dungeon Defender for two hours. Anyone else having this issue? There were plenty of games going, I just couldn't join any of them.

MRORANGE

had some time with the game, my thoughts on the game:

uCl9Y.jpg

This game is great but rough around the edges. I can't stress enough that this is not a causal shooter which you can sit back and relax,
guns recoil, you get flanked very quickly, you have objectives to carry out. It's quite a hardcore shooter which will challenge you and
your team.

RuL4b.jpg

Each of the 6 missions is varied and look pretty darn good (looks like gta4 without the piss filter), my only complaints is no graphical
options, hopefully they can add that later. some of the missions pretty much come out of any heist movies which gives it a great vibe.
Oh and the guns actually felt like guns, the tyep of recoil you got from the m60 in BC2

PeNeM.jpg

overall a great game worth the purchase if you got some friends to play with, quite a good start by Overkill studio's, shame it was
launched when other big titles are coming out, this would have made a excellent summer game.

l

Afrikan

damn I want to buy this game.....heck I want to download the demo, but its like 7gigs...basically the full game without the key.

I just don't have any space on the old PS3 phat. Reinstalled GT5 and still haven't finished Crysis 1.

gotta do some research on some hard drives I guess.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
1-D_FTW said:
Guess that rumor about a demo on PC turned out to be false.
I thought it was confirmed but yes, it was a just rumour. Might try it on PS3, because my coop friend is on Mac.

Wiv

I've bought the four games of the PSN Play program and didn't received yet the voucher to download the game.
Anyone else had this issue?

Glassboy

Wiv said:
I've bought the four games of the PSN Play program and didn't received yet the voucher to download the game.
Anyone else had this issue?
Yeah, I emailed Sony about it and they said they are looking into it and will email me back when they find out what's going on. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

darkwing

Seventy5 said:
I wanted to play some co-op last night on PS3 but I got stuck in an endless loop of refreshing the games, joining, game full error, repeat for 20 minutes. I was so aggravated I just turned it off and played Dungeon Defender for two hours. Anyone else having this issue? There were plenty of games going, I just couldn't join any of them.
they say the servers were overloaded at that time seems better now, no problem finding games

Wiv

Glassboy said:
Yeah, I emailed Sony about it and they said they are looking into it and will email me back when they find out what's going on. Hopefully sooner rather than later.
At least they know there are people who didn't get their game.

FrancisH

Lettuce said:
Any 4 pack spaces going?? want to get the game but better to get the 4 pack deal?

I wouldn't mind going in on a 4 pack too, it is cheaper in US then UK, correct? £9.25 compared to £11.24 pp (I am in the UK)

Add me up for PSN The_Leducs I have a few friends that play and I am at rep 16 as of now. I have beaten 3 of the levels and know what's going on already. Game is fun as hell and better with teammates that know what they are doing.

FrancisH

Tokubetsu said:
I'd love in on a 4pack. I'm in the US.

One more person then, would you be ok to host Tokubetsu? I don't mind hosting if no one from the US can :)

List so far - PAYDAY 4 pack:

1. FrancisH
2. Lettuce
3. Tokubetsu

Tokubetsu

FrancisH said:
One more person then, would you be ok to host Tokubetsu? I don't mind hosting if no one from the US can :)

1. FrancisH
2. Lettuce
3. Tokubetsu

I can't host, sorry. Meant it as in, I'd be willing to go in on a four pack.

MGHA

FrancisH said:

1. FrancisH
2. Lettuce
3. Tokubetsu

Im in!

Steam name is Zeluch

FrancisH

Mendelevium said:
Im in!

Steam name is Zeluch

1. FrancisH
2. Lettuce
3. Tokubetsu
4. Mendelevium

Medelevium, are you in the US and can host? If not then i'll do it and PM the info in a few mins :)

FrancisH

1. FrancisH (UK Can host)
2. Lettuce (UK Can't host)
3. Tokubetsu (UK Can't host)

One space left again, would prefer if can host and from the US since it's a tad cheaper but if not then I am happy to host with the UK price.

Top Bottom