• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAYDAY The Heist | PSN STEAM |OT| You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!

FrancisH said:
List so far - PAYDAY 4 pack:

1. FrancisH (UK Can host)
2. Lettuce (UK Can't host)
3. Tokubetsu (UK Can't host)

One space left again, would prefer if can host and from the US since it's a tad cheaper but if not then I am happy to host with the UK price.
I'd gladly join in, but not willing to host. I'm from the US. The choice is yours.

FrancisH

goldsoundz said:
I'd gladly join in, but not willing to host. I'm from the US. The choice is yours.

Fine with me.

3. Tokubetsu (UK Can't host) PAID
4. goldsoundz PAID

PMing the details!

FrancisH said:
Fine with me.

3. Tokubetsu (UK Can't host) PAID
4. goldsoundz PAID

PMing the details!
Lettuce, check your PM box.

MRORANGE

Panic room is probably the easiest mission to complete with randoms, managed to complete the level on our first try on normal.

dCtrB.jpg

BOwvR.jpg

Pretty fun game. I played it for a bit on PS3 but the framerate wasn't exactly up to snuff, giving me issues with aiming and such. Fortunately, a friend bought it for me on PC and I'm now able to play it in a steady 120fps (not that I can see higher than 60).

I'm really enjoying it. The hostage system is pretty genius (when a teammate gets taken down/taken into custody, find a hostage to cuff and the police will negotiate a switch), the progression system is cool as well (instantaneous and VERY useful upgrades, on-the-fly switching between trees, etc.), and the guns feel very good in general. The Reinbeck shotgun is a freakin beast.

I look forward to this game getting more maps, more weapons, and more masks. I can see myself playing this occasionally with friends for quite a while. I think I finally got my L4D2 replacement!

Flunkie

Banned
Panic Room was freaking tough for me with randoms. Everyone was lost (including me) and they would always die on the roof.

ctrayne

I'd love to get together with some gaffers and play through some heists. I had the chance to earlier and it was a blast - I just need to get myself a mic.

MRORANGE

Lolerzors said:
So I just got this game today and when launching, the game just crashes to desktop. Any ideas to get around this?

check steam forums, the most common problem is if you have any usb devices plugged in, plug them all out (except mouse and keyboard obviously) and see if that helps

Raoh

Really really really liked the demo.

2 flaws.

1. Could use a bit more polish, especially in the AI department.
2. Shame Valve wasn't involved. With valve's help It could have been better and possibly psn/steam integration.

I like playing left 4 dead by myself offline, and I think I will definitely enjoy playing PayDay as well. The price is definitely right.

Now i'm just stumped on buying the ps3 or pc version.

Seventy5

Raoh said:
Really really really liked the demo.

2 flaws.

1. Could use a bit more polish, especially in the AI department.
2. Shame Valve wasn't involved. With valve's help It could have been better and possibly psn/steam integration.

I like playing left 4 dead by myself offline, and I think I will definitely enjoy playing PayDay as well. The price is definitely right.

Now i'm just stumped on buying the ps3 or pc version.
I would love to recommend the PS3 version, but I have been having issues connecting to other peoples games. Some people are having no problems at all though, so ymmv. I had a good time playing solo, and the co-op game I got into the other day was awesome. I guess you can't go wrong with either if you plan on playing offline mostly.

Lolerzors

MRORANGE said:
check steam forums, the most common problem is if you have any usb devices plugged in, plug them all out (except mouse and keyboard obviously) and see if that helps

Yeah I've tried unplugging my usb devices and installing the directx package within the game files. I also tried to use the physx installer in the game files, but it doesn't install because i have a newer version than the one they give me.

Game still doesn't work...

Raoh

Relax.MX said:
...Really?

It's hassle free. With a good team and opposing team AI, i can jump in late night after work or coming home from the bar and I dont feel obligated to continue playing through an entire match to not ditch my friends.

It's like playing a single player socom back in the day, aim, shout commands to your squad, advance forward.

Online is great but its made devs lazy when it comes to improving AI for the most part.

I used to play some unreal tournament 3 offline as well trying out all the pc mods ported over to the ps3.

It's not that I don't like playing online, I just don't feel every game or every moment I am playing has to be an online experience.

Picked this up on PSN the other night and have had a blast playing with my two friends and typically a random. The missions are surprisingly fun to continue to repeat. You feel like someone who rehearsed the heist and you pull it off better and better and find new tricks.

This game is a perfect vehicle for DLC. Really solid mechanics (a few tweaks here and there) that will be fun even if it is just new settings. There could be a DLC pack that is just 5 different bank jobs and I would instant buy it.

This game is great value for 20$

Lolerzors

Finally got it working! Had had to uninstall my current physx drivers and then I used the executable included in the game files. So anyone up for a game now? Add me on steam: coolgo2

Cmagus

Had a good few matches tonight on slaughterhouse.Couldn't beat it but we had a solid team and it's pretty awesome when your with a group that is completely coordinated makes the experience awesome.I do however notice that the amount of servers on PC are rather low I don't know if it gives you just a few but at first it took me awhile to find a game which I hope it isn't dying out already

I'm surprised this game isn't getting more love. It's a great game. Even my girlfriend who hates FPS games loves this game. I have to shove her off half the time to play the damn thing. She's dreading King of Fighters 13 though...

left 4 bank

pretty fun in single player, the AI is remarkably good at knowing what to do and who to kill. I'm not sure if i'm sold due to the fact that the community will be so small on PS3. Maybe i'll wait until it's on sale.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
kyo_daikun said:
Trying to convince my mates to get it but not having much luck :(

The demo certainly doesn't help. The aim speed is pretty bad and really kills the fun and the whole demo for me. :/ L4D 360 was no where near as slow in terms of speed.

kassatsu

Banned
Patch out on PSN that fixes server joining.

@freejacob said:
A patch is out for PAYDAY The Heist that cleans up some lobby issues people have been running into. #PSN

Also welcome to the Heist Euro PSN.

MRORANGE

subversus said:
Any tips for beginner criminals? What are better tactics during the heist?

mic's help, use cover to cover, use your pistol as much as you can when not in assault, stay as in two's or a group - one person down at the other side of the level can bring the whole team out. Oh and panic room is the easiest level to complete fist.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
this game is definitely fun even with only one friend but we need more people playing. I wish it was made by Tripwire or at least published by them, it would get more people playing.

subversus

yes, I don't get why OT is only 5 pages long.

IT'S AMAZING, BUY IT.

by the way has anybody completed the second mission? It's getting really tough when you reach the ward with containers.

We completed Panic Room, The World Bank and ALMOST completed the mission on the bridge.

MRORANGE

subversus said:
yes, I don't get why OT is only 5 pages long.

IT'S AMAZING, BUY IT.

Prety much, it's probably the underrated shooter of the year for me, Overkill have also been very interactive with user feedback and have been listening to the fan base in the steam forums as well, which is nice of them.

Smash88

Banned
It was fun, and an extremely enjoyable shooter with a different take in Shooter Season 2011. But after you beat the 6 maps/scenarios, there isn't much left to do except level, and at that point it turns into a grind fest, and kind of boring.

Is it worth $20, maybe so. Is it worth $15 or less, definitely and should be bought immediately.

Raoh

Relax.MX said:
...Really?

Here is another reason why

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=435103

Had those scenarios happen in a left 4 dead game on the 360 a few to,es. I was ignored by the party chat, when finally a gamer jumped on and said "oh hey sorry we are in a party chat without you" then proceeded to ignore me again.

What's the use of playing online then?

It's the same old joke. Online gaming would be awesome if it wasn't for all the people online. LOL

After that I stuck with offline solo campaign mode. The AI sometimes does a better job of a person who wants to chat about nothing.

Seventy5

I bought it day one and enjoyed it a lot, but the server errors kept me from getting groups so I gave up. I will jump back in now they patched it on psn.

subversus

We've completed all heists except Slaughterhouse and Diamond Heist. These are most interesting ones (especially Diamond Heist).

So far the most intense one was The Street.

subversus

any tips on completing Diamond Heist? the best part about it is that you need to stealth your way through guards, plant all hacks before they are alerted and THEN start the heist. We managed to plant everything except the last hack, then we were attacked used all our bags and got stuck on the roof with the son of the manager.

MRORANGE

oh yeah forgot to do the pc reviews XD, there up:

PC version

Eurogamer: 80/100
More of a smash and grab than a smooth raid, then, but you can't deny that it's come away
with the goods.

Game Informer: 80/100
Payday obviously comes with some caveats, but it's a great game when everything goes right.

PC Gamer: 71/100
Payday is the most exciting parts of your favorite movies cobbled together, swapping the brains for
extra bullets. [Jan 2012, p.67]

NZGamer: 85/100
When you take into account that Payday is an indie game and the promise of potentially more levels
down the lines as downloadable content, there is very little reason to not pick this game up.

PC Games (Russia): 85/100
One of the best ways to spend 20 bucks. Incredibly strong and fascinating online action.
[December 2011, p.83]

Pelit (Finland): 84/100
Payday: The Heist is maybe Left 4 Cops, but still a very good interpretation with nice own ideas.
Continous, massive cop slaughtering could use some tweaking, as it gets somewhat monotonous.
[Nov 2011]

Gameblog.fr: 80/100
Payday: The Heist is like a Left 4 Dead with cops and robbers, where we play the bad guys. It offers
(at least on PC) a solid co-op experience, with an good atmosphere. Too bad there is no Versus Mode.

Bit-Gamer: 50/100
Payday: The Heist has a brilliant concept at its heart, and that's further rounded out by some great art
direction and some solid level design that makes a few of the missions real fun to play. Unfortunately,
though, budget production values are evident in the graphics and limited selection of levels, and these
factors inevitably come into conflict with a higher-than-expected price point.

Payday: the Heist also has a big up-date

The PAYDAY Xmas update!

Thanks to all you players who have robbed countless banks, snuck off with thousands of diamonds and scooped up gold bars by the tonnes!
OVERKILL Software has monitored you closely through the security cameras and here are our counter measures:

PAYDAY Xmas achievement!
Find a Christmas present on any of the levels in multiplayer - take it and you will be given a Santa mask! Plus you will get the chance to be surprised later on...

Big features
Player drop-in ability in load-out and in-game!
You can now join an ongoing game! You will no longer be locked out of games just because they have already started or because you dropped out during play. Just rejoin and continue collecting those precious dollars and gems!
These are the rules: Players who are downed or in custody and drop out only to rejoin the same game will respawn in custody. Drop-in is disabled during the "point of no return" phase of the heist, as well as on the end screen.

Heavily improved fighting and acting by team AI and enemies
New features and fixes include:
• New events and enemy tactics on all levels
• Team and enemies now pick better cover and firing positions, and use more intelligent firing lanes for suppression and sniping
• Enemies now master additional acrobatic moves (such as dashes and slides) and they can fire at you while doing them!
• More cover moves for team AI and enemies
• Enemy AI move in tighter formations and coordinate better
• Team AI now keeps up with human players much better
• Smoother turn and aim on team AI, and reduced animation glitches on movements
• Better looking weapon recoils on team and enemies
• AI teammates now pick weapons that better suit the current combat situation
• Combat will now be more mid ranged and not run-in gun battles
• Team AI no longer has "ants in the pants" (they don't move around so much) when there are no enemies around

Advanced GFX settings menu (AG menu)
Custom visual settings and optimizations, including:
• Texture resolution setting "low" to "high"
• Texture filtering "off" and up to x16
• V-synch on/off
• AA on/off
• Light streaks on/off
• Animation level-of-detail setting for better performance
• More suitable default resolutions to fit laptops etc.
• AlienwareFX on/off (for Alienware computers)
• Added eight color grade filters (inspired by a range of heist and action movies)
"Payday +"
"Dinero"
"In Traffic"
"Bastard"
"BHD"
"Xgen Brown"
"Future of Gaming"
"The Matrices"

New masks
To celebrate that yet another bunch of military shooters was released recently, we've added four new masks to Payday!

Improved network code
Disclaimer: We did not fix the Internet. Please talk to Al Gore about that.

We've added a red toothbrush to Panic Room, and we've made sure this one's worth the hullabaloo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT1HShMInUs&feature=youtu.be

Additional features and fixes
Slaughterhouse and Diamond Heist are now available in the Normal difficulty setting
Single Player has improved scenario and difficulty balancing
Added more money bundles to First World Bank
The legendary über killer sniper removed from Heat Street
Teammate "mugshot" icons (lower left corner of the screen) now flash to indicate who is talking over VOIP
You can now see the cash value of the "near completion challenges" in the TAB menu
Fix to better hear team AI voices
Fixes for random crashes
Fixed the drill that kept resetting to full time for some people
Fixes for fake lobby appearing
Changed [Enter] to $Continue; to fix binding of enter to block the final stats screen.
More camera impacts on explosions
All weapons now have alert ranges, unique for each weapon
Chains is no longer replaced by Wolf on rare trade occasions
Bain will now correctly call the equipment "saws" (not "drills") in Panic Room

Now have fun, fellow heisters! DLC is of course in the works, as well as Patch 4! :)

/The OVERKILL Crew and Sony Online Entertainment

theBishop

Banned
I think I'm finally ready for this game after a Skyrim-induced online hibernation.

I'm trying to decide between PS3 and PC versions of the game. Can anyone answer these questions?

- Can I use a gamepad on the PC version?
- How's the PS3 performance?
- How do the online communities compare? Are both healthy?
- How crucial is it to play with friends? Do I need to buy the same version my friends are buying?

MRORANGE

I think I'm finally ready for this game after a Skyrim-induced online hibernation.

I'm trying to decide between PS3 and PC versions of the game. Can anyone answer these questions?

- How crucial is it to play with friends? Do I need to buy the same version my friends are buying?

- no
- it's ok, have heard nothing bad
- the online community of the PC is probably bigger and will fair better in the long run
- more important is to have a mic and communicate with the team.

Card Boy

Banned

Just go PC always. Your PS3 version will be useless once PS4 comes out.

Top Bottom