• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC gamers: do you feel enticed to buy a PlayStation now that you’ve had a taste of Sony’s games on PC?

Is Hermen Hulst’s master plan to lure in PC gamers to PlayStation working on you?

• Yes, PlayStation Studios’ PC ports convinced me to buy a PS5

• No, it has made no difference in my desire to own a PS5

• It has made me less interested in owning a PS5

• I already own a PS5 but it made me more inclined to buy future PlayStation Studios games day1 on PS5

• I already own a PS5 but it made me less inclined to buy future PlayStation Studios games day1 on PS5

Results are only viewable after voting.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
morgan-freeman-good-luck.gif

I think they are underestimating PC bros ability to wait and overestimating the allure of sweet baby approved mass market slop.

In the past I would buy Sony consoles because they got a bunch of JP exclusives from 3rd parties. Stuff like Yakuza, Persona, and Falcom game. Those days are long gone now and I don’t really wanna play more Horizon and nu God of War.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
morgan-freeman-good-luck.gif

I think they are underestimating PC bros ability to wait and overestimating the allure of sweet baby approved mass market slop.

In the past I would buy Sony consoles because they got a bunch of JP exclusives from 3rd parties. Stuff like Yakuza, Persona, and Falcom game. Those days are long gone now and I don’t really wanna play more Horizon and nu God of War.
Exactly my thoughts. I’ll take the PC version over the PlayStation version 100/100 times if I have the choice. I had a PlayStation for the exclusives.

Do I want a PlayStation just so I can play Sony’s first party single player games (which aren’t that interesting to me) earlier? Nah.

Hudo

Gold Member
Not really. It's cool if they release a game on PC I am interested in. But if they don't, I just don't play it. That's about it.

T4keD0wN

My official answer:
Daniel Bryan Yes GIF

My unofficial answer:
ha-haha.gif

I am not even willing to bother to use my free Epic account, lmao

Last edited:

Laptop1991

No, it makes no difference, if i wanted to play PS games on a Playstation i would already own one,, if a good PC port is made for PC and i like the game, i'll buy it, if not, nothing changes, i'll continue to play my games on my PC, like i always have.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
It's a foolish strategy. Shawn Layden already realized years ago "[PC players] won't come to our house, so we need to go to theirs."

RoboCain

Only got a PS5 because I still have a decent backlog on PSN (that benefits from the newer hardware) and found a really good deal (including covering half of the cost by selling my used base PS4).

It's a nice device but the PSN prices (and their PC initiative + Steam Deck) led me to almost get any new game on Steam.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

If anything, the taste of their ports on PC actually made me distance myself from them. Not even sure I want to buy the sequels. Horizon, God of war and spider-man more in particular.

Really not the Sony that interests me, Where's the last guardian, Gravity rush 2, Bloodborne, Demon souls, etc. I want their japanese games. I much prefered their PSX & PS2 output than whatever this is so far.

SHA

3rd parties on day one with the exception of GTA, sony games releasing much later, I don't see a problem cause I play mainly 3rd party games, they literally shape the future of the video games industry, first party games from Sony are just beefed up double As, they aren't as complex as real third-party triple As.

Rudius

I have a PS5, but it's probably the last console I buy. I don't mind waiting one to play Sony games and Switch 2 will be easy to emulate.

Reactions: WoJ

Schmendrick

The necessity to have a PS console for the 4-5 amazing Sony exclusives is gone so neither will I buy any more games for my PS5 because I'd rather wait and play them uncompromised on PC nor will I buy future console iterations.

Topher

Gold Member
I buy PS consoles not just to get the games day one, but also because of physical games and Gamefly rentals.

But if PlayStation were to go all digital then I'd definitely wait on the PC version.

Kacho

It would take a miracle to get me to purchase another PlayStation. Their first party games mean very little to me. On PC it’s just more games. If they stop porting them… then whatever.

Leonidas

As someone who owned a PS5 and sold it last month, I am less interested in Sony games and PS5 today than I was a few years ago.

When I had PS5 I used it for PS+ Extra, all the Sony exclusives I was interested in were in there (Ratchet - before coming to PC, Demon Souls, Horizon 2 - before coming to PC). I had more fun trying out third party games with PS+ Extra that were already on PC than I did with the so called AAAA Sony exclusives that I played.

Last edited:

Hoddi

I'll always have a PC but I like having consoles for the sake of ease when playing on the couch. This won't really affect me much in that regard.

It otherwise just depends on the game. I won't see much point in buying a late-gen 1080p30 game knowing that it will run much better on my PC. But if it looks good and runs well on PS5 then I'll just buy it there.

The real question to me is whether their rumored PC client will support cross-buy and cross-saves between PC and console. It would completely sell me on their next system and is the reason I bought my Xbox.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Will only buy a PS5 if Vanillaware ports all their games on it to one nice location so I can play Princess Crown, Odin Sphere, Muramasa: The Demon Blade and Dragon's Crown to my heart's content. Until then I think not.

MikeM

Have a high end PC and a PS5. I buy where it makes sense.

FFVII Rebirth and its shit perf mode is a PC wait.

GoWR with its sweet unlocked frames rates and VRR- PS5. Hell, I just ordered Gran Turismo now that they have VRR 120fps modes.

Thankfully, Sony has done right with their games in offering various modes including perf RT.

Exentryk

I have bought all PS consoles, but am moving away from them. While I have PS5, I barely use it.

Going forward, it'll be PC and Nintendo consoles only.

WoJ

I think you've got this poll backwards. I own a PS5 and am a lifelong console gamer. I'm becoming more and more interested in building a gaming PC than ever because of the slop being produced by Sony and MS and the fact that I can basically play anything on console on PC now.

Celcius

°Temp. member
The only games I'm buying on my PS5 going forward are Vanillaware titles. Everything else I assume is coming to PC at some point.

Sentenza

They have yet to sell me on their next PC releases, let alone making me consider the idea of buying their latest console.
Even right now in the end I chose to buy just a portion of their ports so far.

Do they have any idea of how many other games are they competing against on PC?
What's with this DELUSION that "If I get a taste I won't able to say no to the next thing"? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
No and the whole explanation doesn't make any sense, they just made that the party line either to appease investors or more likely the fanboys.

Top Bottom