• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 4 |OT| Gods Will Be Watching – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.
just finished episode 7

WELP

Episode 10:

Carter no!

Episode 11:

Yay Carter's on board!
giphy.gif

WE GOT HIM ! :D:D: THIS SHOW HAS GOT HIM

<3 just feed us with new updates ! :D

Chariot

I'm in.

The only problem now is that it seems like they're dragging out the inevitable team-up between Batman and Commissioner Gordon.
I am looking forward to your impressions. And don't worry a thing. Person of Interest is a slow burn at the start, but when it starts rolling it never stops.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Htown: Could you, just as a taste test, briefly go over your basic opinions of the main 4 characters as they are to you up till now (Reece, Harold, Carter and Fusco).

Any other starters could do the same.

Aselith

I just started watching it myself and I'm loving it. Up to s2e18, that intro episode for Shaw was something else :)

Htown: Could you, just as a taste test, briefly go over your basic opinions of the main 4 characters as they are to you up till now (Reece, Harold, Carter and Fusco).

Are you asking about how connected you feel or how much you like them or what?

Lonestar

I just started watching it myself and I'm loving it. Up to s2e18, that intro episode for Shaw was something else :)

Are you asking about how connected you feel or how much you like them or what?

Yeah, guess on likeability. Trying to remember where things were left off in Season 1.

Then again, I wonder what theory's people can come up with for what season 2, 3, 4 and on might come up with, before they actually see those seasons.

Also, yeah, I really like the tail end of the S1 finale. As a singular beat, with the sweeping (and original) music, Reese getting a phone call was a "fuck yeah" moment.

Aselith

Yeah, guess on likeability. Trying to remember where things were left off in Season 1.

Then again, I wonder what theory's people can come up with for what season 2, 3, 4 and on might come up with, before they actually see those seasons.

Also, yeah, I really like the tail end of the S1 finale. As a singular beat, with the sweeping (and original) music, Reese getting a phone call was a "fuck yeah" moment.

Well then through 2se18

Harold is tops obviously very fun and the most interesting character development so far

I would say Lionel is my next favorite certainly he's kind of a piece of shit but you can also tell he really wants to be a good guy at least where he is; seems like a dude you'd want to hang with

Carter next she's a good character and I like her but she kind of feels like she's spinning her wheels just doesn't feel like she progressed as a character after she hooked up with John's team. She's just kind of his gofer and she's got a kid. She's very competent and smart, I just don't think they give her much to do besides be a gofer. Also this storyline about her trying to date a dirty cop is on my last nerve.

Last is John. I appreciate the action beats but he's just kind of a smarmy asshole a lot of times. My opinion of him REALLY dipped in one episode where he asks Carter for something in a really abrupt way and then immediately shoots out a "thank you" in a very dickish way. Not sure if it was just a bad line read but basically that one line made me rethink how he relates to Carter and Lionel and reinforced a negative impression of him. Like it seemed like he was starting to think of them as comrades/friends and that one line made me think he thinks of them as servants.

I think the cast as a whole gels really well though and I really like the relationship between John and Harold. Certainly Harold seems to bring out a lost humanity in John.

But the best character is BIG BEAR

Lonestar

lol, that episode list is a challenge, cause I don't want to mark 80% of it...which is probably going to happen

ZenaxPure

lol, that episode list is a challenge, cause I don't want to mark 80% of it...which is probably going to happen

YOLO man, I checked probably half the episodes. No regrets, I have a lot of favorite episodes. Some maybe for dumb reasons, like I will be real, I checked the olympic lady episode simply cause John's mustache. The episode itself is pretty average. BUT DAT MUSTACHE YO

Also not really sure what criteria you were using for the character list but the lack of Frankie made me sad. Sort of a toss up between her and Walter for the best S4 character.

Just finished the first season. Yes, already.

Yo.

This fucking show.

Yup!

The end of S1 is a real good primer of what to expect going forward after the pretty slow build though the first season.

You got some real good stuff coming up in S2. Season 2 has style.

Lonestar

YOLO man, I checked probably half the episodes. No regrets, I have a lot of favorite episodes. Some maybe for dumb reasons, like I will be real, I checked the olympic lady episode simply cause John's mustache. The episode itself is pretty average. BUT DAT MUSTACHE YO

Also not really sure what criteria you were using for the character list but the lack of Frankie made me sad. Sort of a toss up between her and Walter for the best S4 character.

Yeah, some of my choices might only be because of a scene, or an episode ender (like Harold's "like a boss" walk after his plan to bug that lady's laptop worked). Still not happy how that all ended up, even if I see the logic behind why it shouldn't.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I love when someone new comes and says "This fucking show". Damn, I envy you Htown. I wanna experience it all over again.

Well then through 2se18

Harold is tops obviously very fun and the most interesting character development so far

I would say Lionel is my next favorite certainly he's kind of a piece of shit but you can also tell he really wants to be a good guy at least where he is; seems like a dude you'd want to hang with

Carter next she's a good character and I like her but she kind of feels like she's spinning her wheels just doesn't feel like she progressed as a character after she hooked up with John's team. She's just kind of his gofer and she's got a kid. She's very competent and smart, I just don't think they give her much to do besides be a gofer. Also this storyline about her trying to date a dirty cop is on my last nerve.

Last is John. I appreciate the action beats but he's just kind of a smarmy asshole a lot of times. My opinion of him REALLY dipped in one episode where he asks Carter for something in a really abrupt way and then immediately shoots out a "thank you" in a very dickish way. Not sure if it was just a bad line read but basically that one line made me rethink how he relates to Carter and Lionel and reinforced a negative impression of him. Like it seemed like he was starting to think of them as comrades/friends and that one line made me think he thinks of them as servants.

I think the cast as a whole gels really well though and I really like the relationship between John and Harold. Certainly Harold seems to bring out a lost humanity in John.

But the best character is BIG BEAR

Hah, you have no idea. Wait on that storyline dealing with Carter and the corrupt cop.

And there's a reason why John behaves like an asshole to people close to him. You'll see in later episodes. It's not just to do a "we got a badass over here" effect, it's part of his character arch. There's a reason why John would drop everything to get Finch back.

Lonestar

Let's do this. I made a small survey: http://goo.gl/forms/nnHCKr79hv
It's a bit difficult to remember all episodes, so best have the episodelist right next to it. No mandatory question. Attention, people who are currently watching the show, there are naturally spoilers!

Hmm, I wanted to get another look at the current results, but I don't see a button to get to them, without doing the survey over again. Am I missing something?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

Uh I guess. Not sure that I'm good at it.

Reece seems alright. He goes a little too far into the "I'm doing my Batman voice now" thing sometimes, but I actually like when he does some of his deadpan humor. Seems like he gets a little too caught up in trying to brute force everything and treat everything like he's running a CIA op. (Keeping Fusco and Carter in the dark about each other was some dumb shit.) I think he could be less on an asshole to Fusco, but he's getting better. I dunno. Nice to see the character moving forward a bit and forming friendships and such.

Kind of hard to say about Harold since they're still obfuscating what seems like important stuff from his past. He seems like a decent guy, likable despite being awkward as hell, but I feel like he wouldn't know what to do without the machine. Like, if he lost access to it or it got destroyed or something, he literally would have no purpose in life because he's so closely tied up in it.

Carter is now fully in Commissioner Gordon, "You're a loose cannon but we need you, Batman!" mode. (I keep bringing up Batman, don't I?) She still manages to be pretty down-to-earth and by-the-book, even though she has to sneak away and help shoot at dudes once an episode. I feel like the show completely forgets she has a son until it's time for him to get shot at or kidnapped or something.She's walking quite the tightrope as it comes to this FBI and CIA stuff. That could go real bad real fast. I'm kind of surprised they haven't done any love interest stuff between her and Reece, but I'm totally okay with that.

Fusco is really interesting because he's always being pulled in like six different directions, and he doesn't always let Reece in on everything. I get the feeling he actually is bothered by the fact that he's known as a dirty cop, and would rather just be doing regular police work at this point. I could see him getting fed up with Reece's bullshit at some point, because it seems like he's always got the relatively shitty end of things. I think he feels trapped, more than any other character in the show, and that's not a good thing.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Uh I guess. Not sure that I'm good at it.

Reece seems alright. He goes a little too far into the "I'm doing my Batman voice now" thing sometimes, but I actually like when he does some of his deadpan humor. Seems like he gets a little too caught up in trying to brute force everything and treat everything like he's running a CIA op. (Keeping Fusco and Carter in the dark about each other was some dumb shit.) I think he could be less on an asshole to Fusco, but he's getting better. I dunno. Nice to see the character moving forward a bit and forming friendships and such.

Kind of hard to say about Harold since they're still obfuscating what seems like important stuff from his past. He seems like a decent guy, likable despite being awkward as hell, but I feel like he wouldn't know what to do without the machine. Like, if he lost access to it or it got destroyed or something, he literally would have no purpose in life because he's so closely tied up in it.

Carter is now fully in Commissioner Gordon, "You're a loose cannon but we need you, Batman!" mode. (I keep bringing up Batman, don't I?) She still manages to be pretty down-to-earth and by-the-book, even though she has to sneak away and help shoot at dudes once an episode. I feel like the show completely forgets she has a son until it's time for him to get shot at or kidnapped or something.She's walking quite the tightrope as it comes to this FBI and CIA stuff. That could go real bad real fast. I'm kind of surprised they haven't done any love interest stuff between her and Reece, but I'm totally okay with that.

Fusco is really interesting because he's always being pulled in like six different directions, and he doesn't always let Reece in on everything. I get the feeling he actually is bothered by the fact that he's known as a dirty cop, and would rather just be doing regular police work at this point. I could see him getting fed up with Reece's bullshit at some point, because it seems like he's always got the relatively shitty end of things. I think he feels trapped, more than any other character in the show, and that's not a good thing.

Who cares about Reese? He's just a sidekick

Aselith

I think you'll really like his character development through season 2. Some really cool stuff happens with him.

Let's do this. I made a small survey: http://goo.gl/forms/nnHCKr79hv
It's a bit difficult to remember all episodes, so best have the episodelist right next to it. No mandatory question. Attention, people who are currently watching the show, there are naturally spoilers!

I'm surprised The Devil's Share isn't the overall favorite (but I can't argue God Mode, thought it was a great capper to two seasons worth of plot threads). Not surprised though that If-Then-Else is tied for favorite at the moment.

Also a little surprised but not really that Elias is the current frontrunner for favorite character (hey, this show has some great villains).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Angelus, even tho that is what I was going for, I did my best to be vague and not spoil it for te other guy lol

Also, I would put Reese in 4th place in the pecking order anyway.

Root and her sidekick Shaw, who has a dog sidekick called Bear, and Bear's sidekick is Reese

:3

Angelus, even tho that is what I was going for, I did my best to be vague and not spoil it for te other guy lol

Also, I would put Reese in 4th place in the pecking order anyway.

Root and her sidekick Shaw, who has a dog sidekick called Bear, and Bear's sidekick is Reese

:3

This is accurate.

xenist

The current pecking order is:

Root>Fusco>Shaw>Elias>Bear>Reese>Everyone else>Fitch's sanctimonious ass. Unless Lagertha comes back. Then she ties with Root for first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom