• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 gets 10/10 in first English version review

Status
Not open for further replies.

dezzy8

Shit. I didn't even finish Nioh yet. Still got Horizon and Zelda to finish before even thinking of starting this game when April comes.

Do not worry then . consequences are IN.
In many aspects , P5 is more P3 and than P4.

I guess i need someone to define why "mature" is used since people were saying that it was better grounded in reality despite the anime asthetic.Or did i miss a post ?
The 4th arc is better than the first :p

Oh that sounds nice.

xabbott

As good as 5 is going to be I decided to pass on it for awhile. Never got around to finishing 4 on vita (even tried to play it on pstv to see if that would help). Also I still haven't even started on Nioh or Nier due to Horizon. I won't even bring up Zelda...

_Ryo_

P3 > P4, from the footage I've watched P5 has a more similar to P3 vibe... So it has to be better than P4, just saying.

I'm glad this is reviewing well. I love Persona, and it's great that this series is finally getting the attention it deserves ...but I still don't have any excitement towards playing P5. Until the game is actually, physically here, on store shelves, with English subs, it will be that way. I have a couple of friends who decided to play the Japanese version because they were so hyped, and despite being similarly burnt out on Persona 5 and the series in general, they forced themselves into playing it and ended up disappointed. It could be that the game simply disappointed them because of its own merits, but I don't believe that to entirely be the case. It's not exactly uncommon for people to burn out on excitement and attempt to overcome it to experience something they've waited so long for ...but I'm not trying to do all that. Not with a series that means so much to me, especially given I just experienced that very disappointment with Metal Gear Solid not too long ago. In most cases, I would think it advantageous to go into something without predetermined expectations, but honestly, I just don't feel anything for this series right now as I once did, and much of it has to do with poor communication and a poor handling of this game's release. Unfortunately, those moments of radio silence and leg-pulling do have an impact on my time with the game. I don't know if it will takes days, months, or years to have a rekindled passion for the series, but whenever I do I've it a go, I'm certain it will deliver something special. I kind of feel like I'm shitting up Persona threads at this point, so I won't say anything more on that, but I will say that anyone who is getting to experience Persona for the first time is in for a treat. I haven't played P5, but the team that's in place won't disappoint.

Varg

Banned
But I thought turn based combat is old news, that it's embarrassing in 2017. Could have sworn that's what most of gaf has been saying hmmm.

LargeNarrowGlowworm.gif

the onslaught continues

I think that March 29 is the embargo for Persona 5 reviews, so I don't why this review is posted early.

The game will obviously be great because the current formula works so well. P5 is great comfort food, but I just find other 2017 releases so much more exciting.

I kind of want Persona 6 to shake up the series and RPG genre as a whole like Persona 3 did.

It beats FFXV? Wow almost sounds like P5 could actually be good, you know unlike FFXV.

But great. After Horizon, after Nier, this will keep me entertained further still. Cracking year. Almost makes me forget XV existed. Almost.

Fbh

Man, this year is crazy.

Also, after reading so often how japanese games are no longer relevant, how the west took over, how big budget japanese games are going to die because mobile is king in japan...................it's nice seeing them blow everyone away non stop this year. Yakuza 0, Nioh, Zelda, Nier... and now mabye Persona

Crap, I still need to finish up Bloodborne. I would've had it done already but I decided to wait a bit for 4.50 since I got a Pro a couple months back.

Hopefully Amazon release-day delivery doesn't let me down.

Kane1345

I cannot wait for release day. Even with all the great games out this is THE one for me. Gotta finish Horizon and zelda before hand if possible lol

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I gotta finish Zelda by the time this is out. I also need to play the Last Guardian and FFXV.

This overrides priority for everything though.

With all of the hate that FFXV gets, I'm amazed that it actually made it into NeoGAF's top ten games of 2016, over games like Dishonored 2. I would have thought that 90% of the board hated the game or something. Anyways, I'm sure Persona 5 is a better game than Final Fantasy XV, I'm definitely more of a Persona fan than a Final Fantasy one, and everything that I've seen from 5 looks incredible. I can't wait to dive back in to the world of Persona.

Magnus

What a killer start for this year. Highly reviewed games everywhere. RE7, Horizon, Zelda, a system launch, now this.

Seik

Banned
Never forget:

tumblr_mwrncnVzXN1rzfq4ao1_1280.png

As if it was yesterday, god damn.

It was a long, loooong, LONG wait, but I'm sure it's going to be absolutely worth it.

With this and Zelda, Horizon, Nier and all the other games coming this year, this is going to be such a fucking good, filled up year.

Golden has a deserved 93 MC, I hope P5 can top it. My only hope is that the game wont be reviewed by people who blatantly have no interest in JRPGs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom