• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantom Blade 0 | Summer Game Fest 2024 Trailer

Aion002

Seems realy cool.

Although the triangle symbol on enemies kinda worries me... I hope that is not a qte fest...

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
looks really good IMO, I'm in. I hope this demo will be released to the general public after all the preveiws

Katatonic

Love these type of third person action games way more than the typical soul's likes. I think the one button kills are for finishers and such. Let's see.

Fuck it :
Besides being the saving grace of the Doritos Pope shit-show, this - if only it'll play half as good as it looks - has the potential to be another "out of nowhere" hit like Stellar blade.
Those triangle prompts are literally for finishers, I don't get why people are still sceptical, sure, it appears like there's some QTEs also during some "cinematic " moments but that's not a deal breaker IMO.

Graphics looks really nice, animations also and the art-direction looks fucking stellar, that shot at 0:29-0:30, sheeeeiittt.
Hot take : the art is on par with a FROM title, everything looks "just right".

I give zero fooks if it looks "derivative", give me that atmosphere and I'm in...

This and Berserk Khazan are already in my wishlist

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Are they acting like rockstars before they even perform? It looks good, but why hide it under all this PR BS at select locations?

m3AzGkm.jpeg

L2 = Use skill
L1 = Parry/Block (perfect block if used before enemy hits)
R2 = Use shadow arm
R1 = Evade (+ L = fast stride)
△ = Heavy atk
□ = Light atk
O = Talk + Interact
X = Jump/Terrain Moving (Wall running?)
^ = Pick tool
v = Use tool
< = Change weapon (Hold = Pull/Draw weapon)
> = Change shadow arm

Legit Souls. Looking forward to press previews this weekend

Last edited:
m3AzGkm.jpeg

L2 = Use skill
L1 = Parry/Block (perfect block if used before enemy hits)
R2 = Use shadow arm
R1 = Evade (+ L = fast stride)
△ = Heavy atk
□ = Light atk
O = Talk + Interact
X = Jump/Terrain Moving (Wall running?)
^ = Pick tool
v = Use tool
< = Change weapon (Hold = Pull/Draw weapon)
> = Change shadow arm

Legit Souls. Looking forward to press previews this weekend

You missed the sticks

Left = Move character
Left down = Guide
Right = Move camera
Right down = Lock on / switch target
2zo9wFQ.png

makaveli60

Funny, I thought this game was the samurai game (can’t remember the name) that released recently and I remembered it looking much better. Now I realized that because this is an entirely different game and it still looks sick.

Really like the dirty grimy art-direction on this one, hope its good.

This.exactly.

Maybe it's because - generally speaking - i like grim/dark esthetics but everything that's been shown so far looks "just right" and the biggest compliment I can give to the game is that the art-direction is on par with a FROM title, these dudes really did their homework.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Definitely got my eyes on this. Looks incredible. Like a fast paced Sekiro with a more dark and twisted aesthetic to it. The enemy designs looked pretty sick. Hype!

I'm getting weird vibes from this game. It looks fake. The sword play looks completely scripted and weightless. I'm going to have to get this game in my hands before I can really understand what's going on.

Top Bottom