• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phillip W. Spencer III:"Xbox’s aim with Call of Duty is to give players choice, not "do slimy platform things" that make one option more appealing."

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
It’s a good thing to do but they are also kinda legally obligated with COD.

If MS is going to buy a chunk of the industry the only Ok result is then being mostly 3rd party and not doing Xbox exclusive shit.

Spencer is a chode but some of you are missing the forest for the trees.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Slimy platform things like buying Nintendo for a career moment.

Or spending Sony out of business.

Will Smith Reaction GIF

Call of Duty for everyone with more choice than ever before. Play it on PS5, Xbox, PC, or subscribe. Soon Switch 2. No timed exclusivity for betas or perks of any kind.

GAF:

images

They’re mad they don’t get 12 month exclusive access to entire modes anymore. It’s ok, there’s still Destiny 🤭 (I assume Destiny expansions still have laughably egregious PS timed exclusive stuff, kill me if wrong)

StereoVsn

Microsoft is one of the most slimy companies in the world lol.

Times up phil just keep your mouth shut and dance to the tune of satya.
Yeah, this is a $3 trillion plus company with $ hundreds of billions in cash and record high profits. Yet they have been firing tens of thousands of people. Hell they just shut down Tango and Arcane.

Slimey doesn’t start in describing them.

FlyyGOD

Phil was in charge when they acquired Zenimax and ABK, which was done with the intent to withhold content from PlayStation and to sure up their ability to compete as a platform holder.
Industry consolidation is anti-consumer, even if they decide to put their games on PlayStation.
You know their intentions because you were in the board room when they discussed it?

Rockman33

To be fair since Phil has taken command Xbox hasn’t really paid 3rd party game developers to keep their game off other platforms.

I’m not saying it doesn’t exist, (looking at you tomb raider 2). But VERY RARLEY.

Instead they invested money into buying and sustaining the studios they bought.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
To be fair since Phil has taken command Xbox hasn’t really paid 3rd party game developers to keep their game off other platforms.

I’m not saying it doesn’t exist, (looking at you tomb raider 2). But VERY RARLEY.

Instead they invested money into buying and sustaining the studios they bought.
He paid a lot of money to essentially cancel the PS5 version of Starfield thinking that would move the needle his direction

He has a point. It doesn't get more scummy than keeping a character off other platforms like Sony did with Spider-Man in that Avengers game. That's the lowest of the low. Probably hugely hurt that game too.

That's cute of Phil calling Sony slimy when he bought out two multi platform publishers with the intention of making the games exclusive for Xbox. Too bad it backfired you slimy son of a bitch.

He also dedicated a team to getting around the clause in the minecraft purchase agreement that specified that minecraft must remain on playstation systems.
Despite purchasing the company with full knowledge of said clause.
Guy is a lying, sleazy, disengenous pos.

Top Bottom