• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pizza Hut and Taco Bell eliminating artificial ingredients from their menus

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMDSO

Unconfirmed Member
Black Pepper flavor was probably there to add flavor but not the heat that can come with black pepper.

When I was a kid, Taco Bell only existed in California. It was sort of the In-N-Out of mexican fast food. It was actually great and they used fresh ingredients. When PepsiCo bought them, they industrialized the food. Probably not because they had to scale the operation up, but just lowering the cost margins as far as possible. I doubt Taco Bell will ever get back to the pre-Pepsi days, but I'm glad to see the major corps feeling the pressure to reduced the amount of processed and artificial crap in their foods.

waypoetic

Banned
guys guys, there's a middleground.

Like what? "I don't know if there's a truly "Good For You" food out there, but i believe there is something better out there"

No, sure, there's the people who are skeptics and fact check their shit before buying into click baiting bullshit about poisoness food etc, then there's the folks who don't give a shit and just want to eat a food and be done with it, aaand then there's the "GMO IS POISON AARGHGHHHH!!!!" people :')

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Hopefully this helps my stomach digest it instead of getting hershey squirts from eating taco bell

Ty4on

There is literally no connection between an artificially created dye that serves no purpose in a food and a tomato bred to resist drought.

One is worthless, the other is food.
Perception is very important for food. Wine tasters have been fooled multiple times with white wine that was colored red. If the dye is harmless what's the big deal? It can be quite adventurous when kids are more likely to eat healthy food that is dyed to look tastier.

Just bring back the volcano menu for the love of all things decent in this world.

picture-8.jpg

My man

Kieli

I don't go to fast food restaurants for some healthy frou-frou yogurt artisan natural organic bounties.

Gimme dat cholesterol and trans fats and processed cheese goodness. Yum yum.

Edit: ^ those cheese bits look like tapeworms .

DarkFlow

Banned
First of all no one has ever dined "inside a Pizza Hut"

I know you're banned, but I have many times.

EFeSnBc.jpg

I even found out Pizza Hut doesn't even deliver when I lived in Niagara Falls, NY and looked at like a crazy person for even suggesting it.

Hopefully this helps my stomach digest it instead of getting hershey squirts from eating taco bell
I would see a Doctor first and tell him how weak your stomach is.

There is literally no connection between an artificially created dye that serves no purpose in a food and a tomato bred to resist drought.

One is worthless, the other is food.

I dunno about "worthless." It makes food look prettier than it might otherwise, which is valuable to some people.

Dennis

Banned
Good, good. Still not going to eat there tho.

I forwarded the great news to The Food Babe.

I had a slice of pizza from Whole Foods today. Was pretty good.

I don't even understand why "black pepper flavor" exists over black pepper. Isn't the cheapest & easiest way to get black pepper flavor is to use black pepper? It's a fucking cheap spice!

sorry, this just blows my mind.
Whatever you do, don't look up how they produce orange juice.

PreFire

This is a good move.

More fast food chains need to start doing this.

I'll be going to Taco Bell again as soon as it's implemented.

Scrooged

Totally wronger about Nintendo's business decisions.
isn't the difference between natural + artificial flavors basically a technicality

Companies realize it's easier to give in to ignorance rather than trying to educate people. Can't blame them, really.

This is a pr move. Like the article says:

Additionally, he noted that the removal of artificial ingredients can be a way for companies to give their food a healthy glow without making meaningful changes to their nutritional profiles. For instance, Coupland said reducing salt, sugar or portion sizes would have a far bigger impact on public health.

Black Pepper flavor was probably there to add flavor but not the heat that can come with black pepper.

It probably is also made from actual black pepper. Often times, these ingredients aren't just used for price. It's highly likely that this black pepper substance binds with the meat better when cooking for the sake of consistency. Maybe it makes things easier without pepper getting all over everything.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
What? I don't think these two are going organic. They are just taking out stuff that it's not actual food. How is this roll eye worthy?
Because it's just marketing. The filler that they use in their ground beef is natural. Caramel color is also natural.

I don't really see them around anymore, at least on the west coast. They've all moved to the tiny delivery only places.
Interesting. I had no clue that delivery-only establishments existed in America, and especially not ones belonging to a giant franchise like Pizza Hut.

Dali

I came across one of those coke remix machines that was apparently either broken or out of purple dye. Dye in red, orange, and purple drinks tastes bitter... Like dye. My nearly clear grape fanta still tasted like grape fanta. I don't see why there aren't alternatives.

Karak

I don't really see them around anymore, at least on the west coast. They've all moved to the tiny delivery only places.

LOL there are like 3 within 5 miles of me. All up and down the west coast infact.

Wow, some people have never seen a dine in pizza hut?
Ya its odd. Its not like the newer delivery only ones have existed so long that people shouldn't have at least been able to seen one. Most likely hyperbole unless everyone is like 10 years old in the thread.
Or the fact that many just probably wouldn't have given a shit:)

As for Taco Bell. If the food tastes better, awesome, if it doesn't than that sucks.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
The handful of these old school Pizza Huts that we had in my area have been closed for a while, but they've never reopened as anything else, presumably because of the dumbass-looking building.

As a kid in the '80s/'90s, though, going out to eat at Pizza Hut was awesome.

I know you're banned, but I have many times.

EFeSnBc.jpg

I even found out Pizza Hut doesn't even deliver when I lived in Niagara Falls, NY and looked at like a crazy person for even suggesting it.

I would see a Doctor first and tell him how weak your stomach is.

Yep, our town has one. Any town with more than 30,000 people probably wont have a Pizza Hut dine in, but I can think of many small towns in Texas, including the one I live in, that have a Pizza Hut dine in.

DarkFlow

Banned
The handful of these old school Pizza Huts that we had in my area have been closed for a while, but they've never reopened as anything else, presumably because of the dumbass-looking building.

As a kid in the '80s/'90s, though, going out to eat at Pizza Hut was awesome.

Yeah I had my birthday dinner once at Pizza Hut. I got these toys while I was there, so it should tell you when that was lol.

SSdwaqm.jpg

ScouserPants

Neo Member
I hope this is the beginning of America finally getting rid of all the crap in our food that's banned in most of Europe. I doubt it, but I can hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom