• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pizza Hut to start rebooting brand on Nov 19 - new logo, uniforms, menu, pizza box

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesu

pasta-hut-logo_1004641a.jpg

Wolfe

Whoah, whoah. Pizza Hut is NOT better than Dominos. Of all the big chains, Dominos has it the most figured out.

Gotta agree with this. After not having any chain pizza regularly for years I started having Dominos again after they're redesign or whatever and thought it was great for chain take out pizza. Pizza Hut on the other hand was very disappointing to come back to, bland and spongy. Can't recommend it to anyone.

Papa John's I just got sick of due to it being ordered all the time for overtime hours at a job I had for a few years, talk about overexposure.

Game Guru

Pizza Hut's issue is that their pizzas just aren't as good as those from Little Caesers or Papa John's in terms of delivery and if I go out for pizza, I'll go to some pizza buffet from a regional company like CiCi's

This seems like a total disconnect between product and audience to me. They are trying "hip" and trendy flavors, but the people who care about those kinds of flavors aren't going to buy Pizza Hut no matter how you gussy it up.

inm8num2

I went to Pizza Hut for the first time in probably 9-10 years this past weekend. Sadly the buffet isn't open on Saturday, but the pizza was decent. Bring on the re-brand. :)

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Why do all brands circling the toilet bowl wind up with product names like FLAVR BANGERZ and ROCKIT CHEEZ PARTY FLARES?

People with average IQ's feel bad enough about going to places like Pizza Hut and then they pull this shit. Dignity just isn't an potion.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Kept reading in a panic until they confirmed they're not changing existing recipes. F the haters, their pan pizza is delicious.

mackattk

The stuffed crust is the only reason to eat Pizza Hut. Everything else they make is disgustingly greasy.

True dat. Stuffed crust is the only reason to go to Pizza Hut. The quality varies though. Sometimes it is still really greasy, with a puddle of grease being left on the cardboard box after picking up a slice. Other times the cardboard box is dry.

They better not get rid of the stuffed crust. I wouldn't be surprised if they did though.

Pizza Hut needs to bring back the Pac-Man machines in their waiting areas.

Don't forget original Super Mario Bros arcade machines as well.

JaseMath

pizza-hut-new-logo.jpg

Is that it?
Not sure, but I do know it's NOT The Hut. The Hut was a market test from years back to test brand strength amongst "The Eating Machine" (ie. What Yum Brands, Inc. calls the 18-35 yr. old male demo)

Source: Me. I worked on their stuff for years.

-griffy-

Banned
The reason I stopped ordering Pizza Hut is because they started doing all this over the top, dumb crust and weird pizza bullshit. The reason I started ordering Domino's again is because they went back to the basics and tried to make their regular pizza better (and succeeded). If I want pizza I just want a pizza.

kunonabi

Flavor-pack drizzle sounds kinda gross. There are plenty of great local pizza places here in Dayton that I never really have to get Pizza Hut, Papa John's, or Domino's anymore.

we have a pizza place that also does chinese food and drizzling the hot chili sauce on the pizza is pretty stellar actually. Too bad these options are pretty bad. Still not enough of a topping selection for me to take an interest especally if the pizza is still so greasy and expensive.

Honestly, I think the 30 minutes or less has ruined chain pizza for me. My attitude is take your time and make the best pizza possible. Now we have these pizzas that essentially taste the same and have no individuality. It all starts with the crust man. Real talk. Hand tossed is the best they actually have.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You would think a place like Pizza Hut would be smart enough to realize they could make some business of the dumb 'remember da 90s' trends. Make Doug show up in your commercial like how Radioshack had all those 80s characters. Sell 3d doritos with your pizza. Bank off the fact that you're completely out of date(even though they're nowhere near as bad as say K-Mart)

You know, I've never had Dominos pizza before. Can't eat Pizza Hut pizza anymore without feeling sick to my stomach.

Thank god for one of the local pizza places here. Literally the best pizza I've ever had

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
You know, I've never had Dominos pizza before. Can't eat Pizza Hut pizza anymore without feeling sick to my stomach.

Thank god for one of the local pizza places here. Literally the best pizza I've ever had

Give Dominos a shot, I guess I'd say. Its good chain pizza ever since they overhauled their crust a few years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom