• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pizza Hut to start rebooting brand on Nov 19 - new logo, uniforms, menu, pizza box

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
I'm surprised they think they need to do a reboot. I thought they were far and away the best selling pizza chain?

Not these days anymore I think. I mean, there's only about 1 or 2 here in Vancouver that I've noticed are still open. Everything else is either Domino's, FreshSlice, or local, although I can't really speak for everywhere else.

Also, as somebody else said, Pizza Hut seems to no longer agree with my stomach.

Meh, I'd rather go somewhere that does a few things really well over a place that has dozens of options, each just a different shade of the same old mediocrity.

Your crust tastes weird. Fix that first.

No shit. I had Pizza Hut earlier this year for the first time in probably at least a decade, and I couldn't believe the crust. They aren't even trying to pretend that it's bread. I can see why some people may like it since while it may taste like cardboard, it at least tastes like deep-fried cardboard.

CrankyJay

Banned
This is an awful reboot. Personally I'm not impressed with the new ingredients.

You finally added banana peppers? Welcome to 15 years ago...holy shit.

Pizza Hut needs to realize that their food isn't really that high quality and Domino's matches or beats them on pricing, including pretty much all of their deals. Why would I have Pizza Hut when I could have the same or better pizza at Domino's for less? This reason is why I haven't had Pizza Hut for a while, so I can't say how good they are at this time (last time I had it it was pretty bad).

More ingredients and options is nice, but that's only a short term solution as curious customers come to try out the pizza. Sure you'd gain some back if they really like it and can't get it anywhere else, but even then if you gain a sizable customer base using that Mr. Domino's over there would just copy you and create their own version of that and at a likely lower price.

Edit: Also jump on Shop Runner like Domino's did, Pizza Hut. Means anybody with an Amex automatically gets free delivery from Domino's while they have to pay $3 to get delivery from you.

AndyD

aka andydumi
1000 ways to customize? More like 1000 ways for the person making your pizza to screw the order up. More is not always better.

Lol. So true.

Ok, I guess I should get some Pizza Hut before next week and all this craziness upends it all.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
The only reason I ate Pizza Hut was because they did a constant buy-one-get-one-free offer.

Now that I'm back in Scotland there's options. Anyone who eats Pizza Hut or Dominos here has mental deficiencies.

Good luck to them. None of the changes are making me hungry though. I only order from them once in a blue moon when there's an unbeatable deal.

Well there's a small fast food version on campus that does pretty good personal pizzas. Haven't had one in awhile.

Seth C

Pick something and do it well, morons. You used to! Pizza Hut used to have a great "thin and crispy" crust, a great "pan" crust, and a great casual family friendly environment to eat in. Now they have none of those things. Now they have a thin and tough, flavorless thin crust. Now they have a doughy and cheap tasting pan crust. Now they have some restaurants that are trying to compete with Dominoes as a takeout joint and some that are cavernous and cheap, but none are any place families want visit when they go out for dinner.

No wonder they are struggling.

CrankyJay

Banned
Pick something and do it well, morons. You used to! Pizza Hut used to have a great "thin and crispy" crust, a great "pan" crust, and a great casual family friendly environment to eat in. Now they have none of those things. Now they have a thin and tough, flavorless thin crust. Now they have a doughy and cheap tasting pan crust. Now they have some restaurants that are trying to compete with Dominoes as a takeout joint and some that are cavernous and cheap, but none are any place families want visit when they go out for dinner.

No wonder they are struggling.

Their neopolitan crust was amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzYB55sov6E

01910f51cd7e5005_the-hut.jpg

Drop the "The". Just "Hut"...it's cleaner.

TeddyBoy

I would get Netflix for this show.

I go to Pizza Hut quite regularly, I'll be happy to try out their new flavours but the biggest issues with Pizza Hut will always be the quality of the pizzas and the price of them. This rebranding won't be changing either of those factors so this won't have a long lasting effect.

KorrZ

It worked for Dominos when they re-did their whole recipe (I love the new Dominos..haters be damned) so I'm willing to give this a shot. Honey Sriacha sauce sounds pretty damn good.

Catdaddy

I tend to support the smaller either locally owned or smaller chains, they usually run a little higher than the national chains, but the pizza is much better.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Who wants to tell another human that they will have an order of the "Cock a Doodle Bacon"?!

CrankyJay

Banned
I'm going to be honest with you here. I thought that crust was awful. Certainly the pizzas that typically included it were. It was bland. That was the beginning of the end of Pizza Hut.

Dunno, I loved it. Maybe it wasn't so much the flavor of it but the texture was awesome.

My pallet is obviously more refined now 20 years later...but give me a good wood fired pizza with a yeasty tasting crust and lots of gluten in there.

I used to love Pizza Hut. Greasy crust and all. Now I want a pizza to taste fresh and light. A fresh margarita with thinner Italian crust is heaven.

Sean

Banned
The need to completely overhaul their recipe like Dominos did awhile back rather than just adding more topping choices.

I find Pizza Hut's pizza pretty bad, especially the crust and meats. I do like their wings and some other side stuff though.

depths20XX

Their pizza always makes my bowels explode. Not sure why. I can handle other pizza places and Taco Bell never does it to me. A few slices of pan pizza from Pizza Hut though and I'm usually in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom