• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pizza |OT| Food of the Gods

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
ikopGE4N0mPvI.gif

Now the thread needs more homemade pizza and not just gifs. Gonna start some dough tomorrow.

I tried Papa Murphys take and bake pizza yesterday. I usually have to stay clear of Pizza because it sets of my IBS like crazy. Home made usually doesn't hit me to hard so I thought i would give it a shot. I had a coupon for their 5 meat stuffed pizza for $10 and went ahead and paid the extra $2 to family size it for leftovers.

HOLY SHIT! this thing was huuuuuuuuge. She laid out the first crust and scooped up a pile of cheese with two hands. There was soooo much meat in it and then she put the second crust on with more sauce meat and cheese. I ended up barely putting away two slices of this it was so filling and good. For $12 I have leftovers and dinner for almost a week. I highly suggest them.

I discovered Papa Murphy's while visiting my city of birth, Stockton, CA. I loved it but thought it was a local or regional place. I come back to NC and look it up and find out that there is one very close by, just 25 minutes away from where I live. But anyways I love the place, easily the best take and bake pizza I've ever had, especially when my history of take home pizza is whatever I find at Wal-Mart or my local grocery stores.

But anyways the Chicago is the best stuffed Pizza IMO. Try that one next time if you're willing, I think you may like it more.

Viewt

So I tried Dominos for the first time in years yesterday since they're having that huge special for 50% off your total order. Holy shit is that pizza terrible. I barely finished two slices before waving the white flag.

depths20XX

So I tried Dominos for the first time in years yesterday since they're having that huge special for 50% off your total order. Holy shit is that pizza terrible. I barely finished two slices before waving the white flag.

You must be a really picky eater.

Kangi

I don't think I am - I can usually stomach Papa Johns just fine. Maybe I got a bad pizza or something. The cheese was super burnt (as was the crust) and the pepperoni tasted fowl.

At least it was cheap...

Some of the Domino's pizzas I get are really foul-tasting. Some taste like a slice of heaven. It's really just a game of chance sometimes.

depths20XX

I don't think I am - I can usually stomach Papa Johns just fine. Maybe I got a bad pizza or something. The cheese was super burnt (as was the crust) and the pepperoni tasted fowl.

At least it was cheap...

Hmm yeah could have been a bad one. I've had hit or miss with their new pan pizza.

Ponn

Banned
I discovered Papa Murphy's while visiting my city of birth, Stockton, CA. I loved it but thought it was a local or regional place. I come back to NC and look it up and find out that there is one very close by, just 25 minutes away from where I live. But anyways I love the place, easily the best take and bake pizza I've ever had, especially when my history of take home pizza is whatever I find at Wal-Mart or my local grocery stores.

But anyways the Chicago is the best stuffed Pizza IMO. Try that one next time if you're willing, I think you may like it more.

oh I definitely will. It was better then Pizza Hut/Dominos/Papa Johns and the price was incredible with that coupon.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
PizzaGAF is there a frozen pizza worthy of consumption?
Red Baron is the king of frozen pizza for me. It doesn't try to be more than a frozen pizza, which is why it's so good. Cook it directly on the oven grate to make the crust crispy. Add a bit of shredded cheese on top to make it somewhat better. It's pretty damn good for being like $3 at Target.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Wow oh wow I just made a wonderful pie. I had a chicken breast that needed to get used so I cubed iy patted it down with my self made "Rob's Rub" and cooked it up. Also fried up some bacon.

I make my own BBQ sauce if you check my thread creation history you can see my huge failure at making a classic GAF photoshop thread for the label of it. Anyway I'm getting off point. For the sauce I did one half in my BBQ sauce and the other half in ranch. I topped both halves with a little mozz and a little sharp cheddar.

So good look:

ibu4j4K6KAvy0W.jpg

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Please stay away from Tombstone and Red Baron.
Eh, I guess I don't get this. I really, really love a good burger, but sometimes I want a burger from McDonald's. It's the same. I can get all sorts of good pies, but sometimes I just want a cheap ass Red Baron.

Tunic

We had the Dominos pan pizza tonight using that 50% off deal and it was actually pretty decent. Went with pepperoni and italian sausage.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
We had the Dominos pan pizza tonight using that 50% off deal and it was actually pretty decent. Went with pepperoni and italian sausage.
I had Domino's for the first time in years last night thanks to that deal. The regular pie wasn't all that great, but the pan pizza was indeed really good. Would definitely get it again.

I don't know if things are different in Australia but i find dominos (at least the local ones i have been to) to make very good pizzas. They are also very consistent with how they make them now. I eat there all the time.

Assuming you live in the US...

Dr. Oetker makes a good frozen pie. If there's a Target near you try their Archer Farms brand of frozen pizzas. They import them from Italy and they're pretty good.

Please stay away from Tombstone and Red Baron.

What? Tombstone and Red Baron are glorious. Since when did people start hating on those? From the sounds of it the only good pizza are the ones from mom and pop restaurants.

n0n44m

pizza2eppng.gif

2 weeks without home-made pizza ? that was a long wait ...

(OK had some "fresh" pizza from the supermarket last week, and while better than most frozen ones it wasn't even close to the real deal)

2012-12-1220.10.18dyu3q.jpg

2012-12-1220.36.27m1ukp.jpg

mozzerella, onions, bell peppers, chorizo, ham, grated cheese

dough looks a bit funny because I only made it two hours before baking ... it had a really good texture though, but it misses the cold-ferment taste ;)

zerotol

Banned
New pizza delivered today. Massive amounts of garlic on it. If garlic was illegal, I'd be doing a life sentence. No doubt about it.

pizza2eppng.gif

2 weeks without home-made pizza ? that was a long wait ...

(OK had some "fresh" pizza from the supermarket last week, and while better than most frozen ones it wasn't even close to the real deal)

2012-12-1220.10.18dyu3q.jpg

2012-12-1220.36.27m1ukp.jpg

mozzerella, onions, bell peppers, chorizo, ham, grated cheese

dough looks a bit funny because I only made it two hours before baking ... it had a really good texture though, but it misses the cold-ferment taste ;)

I can never get enough of that pizza gif.
Such an excellent sizzling piece of pizza pie!

n0n44m

I can never get enough of that pizza gif.
Such an excellent sizzling piece of pizza pie!

I'd gladly spam the thread with 720p 60 fps .gifs but not everybody is on 120mbit right

made some small ones with the leftover dough. oven does better with smaller ones in terms of uniform browning (still waiting for the baking steel...)

2012-12-1319.33.515iuuf.jpg

2012-12-1319.51.22iqu6k.jpg

gorgonzola <3

n0n44m

Does brie taste good on pizza?

some years ago a Dutch supermarket had these huge fresh bake-at-home pizzas for sale, my favorite was one with lots of vegetables (onions, Scallion and some other stuff) and six thick slices of brie ... soooo good

however last time I tried to make a pizza with brie the cheese itself completely melted into oblivion, yet the "crust" was still there ... it did taste like brie but not as strongly as I would've imagined

I guess the less easy the brie will melt the stronger the flavor will be, but I should try it again sometime with better quality brie

Top Bottom