• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pizza |OT| Food of the Gods

mcfrank

I am tempted to back this http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tapaninaho/uuni-a-small-fast-and-affordable-wood-fired-pizza

c4563650784629fc18d2254d78a499d7_large.jpg

Seems like a lot of money though. Maybe I will try a pizza stone on my grill instead.

Log4Girlz

squiddy? his avatar is gone too. doesn't that mean perma ban?

No, just a glitch, but considering the nature of the thread...I don't know if its perma. Seems like a pretty dumb move on his part. WHY SQUIDDY? Why didn't you stick to pizza. Perhaps make super thin ones that could fit in a Wii U slot drive.

So, I can confirm that Dominos new pan pizza is pretty good. The crust is nice and crispy on the bottom, great flavor. A big step up from the frozen par-baked crap they've used for years.

The top is still Dominos, of course. But overall it's a step up.

I've tried it three times. The first time I enjoyed it (although I think I was stoned) but the other two times were shit. Better than the last time I had Pizza Hut, but worse than the now discontinued Dominos deep dish (which was still pretty shitty).

With that said, Dominos is the only pizza place open until midnight around here so I'll probably end up eating it again, but I'll hate myself for it.

Anyway, now it's time to jerk off to this thread.

Log4Girlz

I've tried it three times. The first time I enjoyed it (although I think I was stoned) but the other two times were shit. Better than the last time I had Pizza Hut, but worse than the now discontinued Dominos deep dish (which was still pretty shitty).

With that said, Dominos is the only pizza place open until midnight around here so I'll probably end up eating it again, but I'll hate myself for it.

Anyway, now it's time to jerk off to this thread.

n0n44m

eh I think squiddy requested a ban for that novel in 30 days thread thing

I'll be making more pizza tomorrow with the left-over dough :)

LuffyZoro

eh I think squiddy requested a ban for that novel in 30 days thread thing

I'll be making more pizza tomorrow with the left-over dough :)

Yeah, he requested a ban for NaNoWriMo. Don't worry, he'll be back soon enough.

I had pizza for dinner tonight. It was good, but it was a little heavy on the toppings and the crust was soggy.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
National Novel Writing Month. Basically you're challenging yourself to write a novel (or at least a big complete story) in 30 days.

Wow. Pretty lofty goal. I'll just stick to pizza. Good luck to all those participating though.

Xeke

Banned
Today I can say I hate Pizza Hut pizza other than stuffed crust. We were bought Pizza hut at work and I ate two slices, which were mostly bread and felt awful afterwards. Sooo much crust. Ugh.

Today I can say I hate Pizza Hut pizza other than stuffed crust. We were bought Pizza hut at work and I ate two slices, which were mostly bread and felt awful afterwards. Sooo much crust. Ugh.

I vaguely remember liking Pizza Hut as a kid but now it's down there with Domino's at the bottom of any pizza list. It's a shame Boston Pizza doesn't have a lot of locations because I'd gladly eat there over Pizza Hut when it comes to chain restaurants

DietRob

I can't deal with what I call pizza bread. Just can't do it.

Thin crust, NY Style, or flaky Chi-Town crust only for me.

Getting some pizza tonight! I tried the meatball pizza from my favorite local place not long ago and it was AMAZING. Anyone else like meatball pizza? I was thinking of getting peppers and/or onions with it too.

TrueBlue

Heh, me and my uni housemates are now being labelled as "Valued Customers" by Dominos because we've ordered so much in the last two months.

DietRob

Heh, me and my uni housemates are now being labelled as "Valued Customers" by Dominos because we've ordered so much in the last two months.

What exactly does this get you? Quicker delivery times?

I guess congratulations are in order? Domino's is now the best of the worst chains.

TrueBlue

What exactly does this get you? Quicker delivery times?

I guess congratulations are in order? Domino's is now the best of the worst chains.

Well we have this offer (buy one get one free I think?) which we can use as much as we want for a certain amount of time. At least, the delivery people never take it from us, they just say ti keep it and use it again.

I really like the Pepperoni Passion from Dominos, but I'm aware a lot of people don't like the chain.

DietRob

Well we have this offer (buy one get one free I think?) which we can use as much as we want for a certain amount of time. At least, the delivery people never take it from us, they just say ti keep it and use it again.

I really like the Pepperoni Passion from Dominos, but I'm aware a lot of people don't like the chain.

Not bad. I really do like the Brooklyn Style pie they have now. It is one of the better attempts from a chain.

I am tempted to back this http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tapaninaho/uuni-a-small-fast-and-affordable-wood-fired-pizza

c4563650784629fc18d2254d78a499d7_large.jpg

Seems like a lot of money though. Maybe I will try a pizza stone on my grill instead.

I like the look of that and am considering backing it, but I'll check with my Dad first because he's pretty good with metalwork and from the video it looks little more than a metal box with lighted wood chips in the bottom and a tray to put the Pizza on. If that is all it is I'm sure he could put something like that together for less than £160.

DietRob

grab a slice <)

Mozzarella, Onions, Salami, grated cheese

Mozzarella, Gorgonzola, Onions, grated cheese (toppings almost flowed of the side there!)

I really wish I could. Your pies always look so good. Gorgonzola? Yes Please!

ElRenoRaven

Getting some pizza tonight! I tried the meatball pizza from my favorite local place not long ago and it was AMAZING. Anyone else like meatball pizza? I was thinking of getting peppers and/or onions with it too.

Hell yea meatball pizza is damn good when done right. Sadly a lot of the time you'll find they use the processed frozen meatballs. If you can find one or make one that uses fresh made meatballs though they're godly.

GRIP

Haha! I was joking. I don't like it, but I know a lot of people love mushrooms on their pizza. There are no rules when it comes to pizza toppings.

I don't like mushrooms either. I go to my parents house pretty much every Friday for Pizza, and I hate when the people we order from put that nasty shit on MY side of the pizza. For fucks sake, your job isn't that hard. When someone orders a half sausage/bacon, half mushroom pizza... keep them separate! They never put my shit on their side!

I'm done ranting, but yeah.... I don't like mushrooms.

n0n44m

just pulled the trigger on one of those "Baking Steel" plates that are so highly rated over @ slice ...

cost me fucking 70 USD shipping ... which is pretty much what I paid for my current small oven thing. Oh and that was the cheapest shipping option, so I hope I'll get it before Christmas lol (also the half inch version would've been $400+ for shipping...)

oh well it should last a lifetime I guess :) and I'll finally be able to make some larger pizzas as well (the current oven is quite limiting in both diameter & height), which should help because whenever people visit they all want to taste my pies ;)

also I can then try to hack/mod the current small oven a bit ... see if I can fix the plastic hinges with something more heat resistant, then remove the thermal protection >:) or just remove the smaller internal stone and place it above the new Baking Steel plate for some top convection heat...

anyway in the meantime I got some tipo "00" flour (best type of flour according to some) from a family member who lives next to a pizzeria ... I prepared some dough with it following my usual routine/recipe (NY style), and so far I did notice the dough was really soft/stretchy/sticky ... I'll leave it in the fridge for two days now and see what results I can get on Wednesday !

I really wish I could. Your pies always look so good. Gorgonzola? Yes Please!

Gorgonzola hi-five!

n0n44m

Grab a piece while it's hot <)

treformaggi7xpx4.gif

cheeeeese.gif

so that "tipo 00" dough was nice and smooth, but it did not result in more "oven spring" or whatever you call those nice pockets of air inside the crust :)

made some nice pizzas with it and everyone loved them

two times :
Mozzarella di Bufala, Red & Green Bell Pepper, Onion, thinly sliced Ham, grated Cheese, bit of Gorgonzola crumbles
+ me burning my fingers trying to show you the undercarriage

Treformaggi (Mozzarella di Bufala, grated Cheese & Gorgonzola)

( I also was requested to make a pizza with anchovies ... but I hate fish so I didn't take a picture lol )

Ponn

Banned
I tried Papa Murphys take and bake pizza yesterday. I usually have to stay clear of Pizza because it sets of my IBS like crazy. Home made usually doesn't hit me to hard so I thought i would give it a shot. I had a coupon for their 5 meat stuffed pizza for $10 and went ahead and paid the extra $2 to family size it for leftovers.

HOLY SHIT! this thing was huuuuuuuuge. She laid out the first crust and scooped up a pile of cheese with two hands. There was soooo much meat in it and then she put the second crust on with more sauce meat and cheese. I ended up barely putting away two slices of this it was so filling and good. For $12 I have leftovers and dinner for almost a week. I highly suggest them.

DietRob

I tried Papa Murphys take and bake pizza yesterday. I usually have to stay clear of Pizza because it sets of my IBS like crazy. Home made usually doesn't hit me to hard so I thought i would give it a shot. I had a coupon for their 5 meat stuffed pizza for $10 and went ahead and paid the extra $2 to family size it for leftovers.

HOLY SHIT! this thing was huuuuuuuuge. She laid out the first crust and scooped up a pile of cheese with two hands. There was soooo much meat in it and then she put the second crust on with more sauce meat and cheese. I ended up barely putting away two slices of this it was so filling and good. For $12 I have leftovers and dinner for almost a week. I highly suggest them.

Oh wow. There is one relatively close to me. I will try this. Thanks for the recommendation. I usually make my own but I always enjoy trying a pizza place I haven't tried before.

Top Bottom