• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pizza |OT| Food of the Gods

SKINNER!

Banned
If you're in the mood for cheap eats, Dominos currently has a limited promotion, valid through Sunday.

dominos_carryout_special_599_large_pizzas.jpg

1 Large Dominoes Pizzas in the USA = $5.99 (£3.77)
1 Large Dominoes Pizzas in the UK = $23.76 (£14.99)
EDIT: UK Carryout Special: Any Size Pizza = $15.83 (£9.99)

Fuck you USA :( I envy your dirt cheap pizza. Sure, it isn't the greatest pizza in the world but considering that a medium sized cup of coffee at Starbucks here costs more than a large pizza over there? shit, what a deal.

zerotol

Banned
Kind of pissed off that I can't get a pizza delivered at 3:00 in the morning in my current location. Tomorrow, I shall see a pizza....

zerotol

Banned
Tonight's poison was another chopped chicken, bacon and garlic on hand tossed crust. I'm convinced that this might be the best pizza ever. No more greasy pepperoni for me.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Latest favorites:

-olive oil base, mozz, bleu cheese, bacon, artichoke hearts, chopped garlic

-oiive oil base, mozz, white cheddar, thin sliced sauteed potatoes, bacon

Seanspeed

Banned
Kind of pissed off that I can't get a pizza delivered at 3:00 in the morning in my current location. Tomorrow, I shall see a pizza....

We called it close last night. Found the only place still willing to deliver past 1AM. Papa John's has a good deal on 3 medium, any-toppings for $21. Gonna eat some for breakfast here in a minute. :)

Also, feta on a pizza sounds awful. Haven't tried it, but it just doesn't seem like it'd go well.

We called it close last night. Found the only place still willing to deliver past 1AM. Papa John's has a good deal on 3 medium, any-toppings for $21. Gonna eat some for breakfast here in a minute. :)

Also, feta on a pizza sounds awful. Haven't tried it, but it just doesn't seem like it'd go well.

feta on pizza is fantastic with the right complementary toppings

GhaleonEB

So, I can confirm that Dominos new pan pizza is pretty good. The crust is nice and crispy on the bottom, great flavor. A big step up from the frozen par-baked crap they've used for years.

The top is still Dominos, of course. But overall it's a step up.

Xun

My favorite pizza in the world:

GmGiL.jpg

kCLF5.jpg

Chi style - Pepperoni & Feta

Their sauce is to die for.
That looks lovely.

Also I had a Pizza Hut buffet for lunch the other day, very disappointing. :(

I remember when it used to be pretty decent, but it really doesn't hold a candle to Pizza Hut delivery.

Xeke

Banned
So, I can confirm that Dominos new pan pizza is pretty good. The crust is nice and crispy on the bottom, great flavor. A big step up from the frozen par-baked crap they've used for years.

The top is still Dominos, of course. But overall it's a step up.

Yeah I enjoy it over Pizza Hut.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Is it even possible to make a quality pizza in a 550degrees max oven

For sure man. Mine only goes to 500F I do believe. It's all about getting a Pizza Stone and letting that sum bitch preheat with your oven.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
For sure man. Mine only goes to 500F I do believe. It's all about getting a Pizza Stone and letting that sum bitch preheat with your oven.

You're going to want to let the stone preheat longer than it takes for the oven to preheat. 25 minutes at least, 45 is beter.

DietRob

Fratelli's a local pizza joint that is NY Pizza to the core. The guy that owns the place has family that runs a few pizzerias in NY and NJ, or so he says. I believe him after tasting this pie.

M8Lm4.jpg

iflyVTVxyHhPo.jpg

This is my $30 Italian meal. The Pizza is 20"

Fratelli's a local pizza joint that is NY Pizza to the core. The guy that owns the place has family that runs a few pizzerias in NY and NJ, or so he says. I believe him after tasting this pie.

M8Lm4.jpg

iflyVTVxyHhPo.jpg

This is my $30 Italian meal. The Pizza is 20"

could've taken the 3rd out of the oven a bit sooner ;) still tasted great though

mozzarella, onions, bell peppers, salami & grated cheese

Great pizzas!

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I think one key that it's hard to learn without making a fuckload of pies, is to learn what the dough feels like when it's proofed just the right amount.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I finally had some Domino's yesterday. It was my week's cheat meal. While I don't get the hate for it, now I know I won't try it again. Highly unremarkable, even by chain standards. It was damn cheap, though.

zerotol

Banned
Alright pizza Gaf. What would you consider to be the most unusual topping you've had? There are no right or wrong answers, just post whatever you can think of. Mine would probably be smoked salmon. Damn good.

Alright pizza Gaf. What would you consider to be the most unusual topping you've had? There are no right or wrong answers, just post whatever you can think of. Mine would probably be smoked salmon. Damn good.

I've put buffalo chunks on home made pizza ever since I replaced all beef in my diet with buffalo. It's fantastic.

zerotol

Banned
How much sauce do you folks like on your pizza. I fucking love it saucy.

It totally depends on what cheese and toppings I'm going to use. And what kind of sauce. Sometimes I'll load it with sauce because it goes well with the cheese, toppings and crust. Other times I'll use a very thin amount of sauce.

Here in Japan, things that I've had on a pizza that just feel wrong (to me):

Tuna
Mayonnaise
Piles of Corn
Squid

I like all of these things otherwise, but on a pizza it just feels weird, man.

zerotol

Banned
Here in Japan, things that I've had on a pizza that just feel wrong (to me):

Tuna
Mayonnaise
Piles of Corn
Squid

I like all of these things otherwise, but on a pizza it just feels weird, man.

I'd try a pizza that had tuna, mayonnaise or corn on it. But not squid.

DietRob

And if you don't have a pizza stone just make a Sicilian or a grandma-style pizza, it can turn out amazing, if you know what you're doing.

If you don't have a pizza stone go out and buy a pizza stone. You can get them cheap enough and they are very versatile you 'can' cook more on it than just pizza.

I always thought that pineapple on pizza would be a bad idea. Then I had it once. And I was right.

VanWinkle

made a pizza. Wasn't a huge fan of how it turned out, but it tasted good. I need to shred the cheese with a bigger grate so it won't burn before the crust is properly done. Ehh. At least it tasted good.

MrBig

made a pizza. Wasn't a huge fan of how it turned out, but it tasted good. I need to shred the cheese with a bigger grate so it won't burn before the crust is properly done. Ehh. At least it tasted good.

That isn't burnt cheese, that is perfectly charred

Top Bottom