• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pizza |OT| Food of the Gods

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Anyone in NYC Check out Koronets Pizza Near Columbia University
541421041_b2b4f98c5e_z.jpg

Yes the Pizza slices are Huge and honestly the picture doesn't do it justice. Not my pic btw but I've been there before and I left very satisfied XD

So good

SOOOO GOOD.

B00TE

Papa John's is the only place I trust around here, of the chain places anyway. Used to go to Little Caesar's a lot but they closed down.

Anyone else in New England had Sal's Pizza?
100_3613.jpg

I'm celiac and will never eat pizza again.

*kills himself*

I have a friend who's celiac, but he can still eat the gluten-free options from a couple of local places that serve them.

I guess this may be a problem depending on where you live/what options you have. If you live in a bigger city though, it shouldn't be a problem.

Koyuga

Yeah, I agree.

I'd go someplace better but it's slim pickin's around here pizza wise, unless I want to go across town.

Plus it tastes a little fresher and much less greasy than Pizza Hut or Domino's.

We don't have any of the big fast food chains that are close enough. http://www.eatpizzaportland.com/ is our usual go-to pizza
except when we are too lazy to walk 10~ blocks and buy a pizza from Whole Foods instead.

WriterGK

What a terrific thread. It made me actually order a Pizza because I got so damn hungry. And it was like after 22:00 PM after already having a hamburger for dinner.

For frozen and semi-frozen, the top tier is essentially some amalgamation of:

1.Uno's sitting around in a Deli case, Super Target in my area. To date, the only deep dish pizza I've had despite being oh so tempted to get a mail-in from the big names up north, but the timing, price, and concerns about the terrible GA climate in regards to shipping woes, keep messing it up.

2.Home Run Inn 10 minutes and you are done and awesome---Uncured Pepperoni standard my one of choice.

3. Newman's Own. Now, there is perhaps no thinner and more crackerlike pizza than this line, again the Uncured Pepperoni being my goto, BUT, it works well as a snack or lunch as is and for dinner so long as you have something else to fill it out a bit or eat on the side. I really wish they'd take on the challenge of a more traditional style, as their choice of sauce, cheese, seasoning, pepperoni, etc are very high tier and straight up embarrass the likes of the lesser brands.

3.x Rising Moon----good, pricey, can't find 'em here lately anymore.

MrBig

I can't stand all those damn meat on pizza.

I prefer just pepperoni or plain cheese pizza. Veggie is fine too.

Yes. When it comes to pizza I don't like putting meat on it. Just isn't right.

Pretty much all the pizzas I make are tomato sauce with fresh moz and onion. And then whatever herbs I feel like picking from my garden.

This thread made me make some dough to rise overnight for tomorrow :)

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Yes. When it comes to pizza I don't like putting meat on it. Just isn't right.

Pretty much all the pizzas I make are tomato sauce with fresh moz and onion. And then whatever herbs I feel like picking from my garden.

This thread made me make some dough to rise overnight for tomorrow :)

Pepperoni and sausage with extra sauce feelsgoodman.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I approve of this thread!

I usually make all my own pizza's. I haven't ordered from a chain in quite a while. There are a few mom and pops around me though that make some good pies.

Seishin

This is probably the best thread I've ever read on GAF.

Too bad the only pizza chains here are the big international ones and have terrible customer service for some reason.

Small price to pay to eat some pie though.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I'm celiac and will never eat pizza again.

*kills himself*

You're doing it wrong. You can make your own gluten free pizza from scratch or you can buy a mix, and if you live in a larger city, you could even maybe find a pizza joint that makes them. There are a lot of restaurants/pizzerias that make gluten free pizzas now days. (I'd still recommend reading the reviews though) There are even frozen pizzas that you can buy. This kind for example! (I haven't tried Udi's frozen pizzas though, so I can't vouch for them. Amy's also make frozen gf pizzas, but they're gross don't even bother.)

You have lots of options.

The Italian pizzas all look amazing.

The American pizzas all look nasty and greasy.

Pizza was created by an Italian-American. I love pizza, only problem is it's getting more and more expensive. When I was a kid 241 used to sell two mediums for $20. Now a medium alone is $20 plus tax, plus delivery.

Fuck yes, pizza!

tumblr_m7qal6vzAw1rvn6njo1_250.gif

My favorite kinds usually have more veggies than meat these days (though I still like pepperoni or chicken once in a while).

A friend of mine actually makes this really yummy ham & apple pizza. SO GOOD.
I also love Pizza Hut's deep dish pizza, though I'm a little ashamed of that one, lol

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Anyone else in New England had Sal's Pizza?
100_3613.jpg
I've had it twice and was not impressed. Yeah, it's really big, and it's pizza (and even the worst pizza is still pretty good), but otherwise it was pretty ordinary. The crust especially, while huge and thick, was just so bland. I loaded it up with crushed red pepper to give it more flavor, which I usually don't like to do.

TheCrow

Just got back from Lou's and got the Chicago classic. Ordered a personal size pizza and was surprised to see how small it was. At least I won't have leftovers to tempt me into breaking my diet. Ate half and it was really good. Will definitely get a small or medium when I order the crustless deep dish next time.

Can't wait till Tuesday gets around so I can get some tasty Dominos.

In america do Dominos run a lot of deals? In the UK & Ire there is basically a deal you can use every single day that means if you order 2 or more pizzas it'll be close to half price (on tuesday it is buy 1 get 1 free which is the best day).

And for everyone in the UK, what is your favourite frozen pizza? I've yet to find one that really blew me away, but Chicagotown Takeaway is probably the closest to takeaway standards.

Can't wait till Tuesday gets around so I can get some tasty Dominos.

In america do Dominos run a lot of deals? In the UK & Ire there is basically a deal you can use every single day that means if you order 2 or more pizzas it'll be close to half price (on tuesday it is buy 1 get 1 free which is the best day).

And for everyone in the UK, what is your favourite frozen pizza? I've yet to find one that really blew me away, but Chicagotown Takeaway is probably the closest to takeaway standards.

My local Pizzahut gave me a keychain that gets me 50% on anything.
Pizza, pasta, sides, desserts. Anything I ask for, I can get a 50% discount on.

Let me repeat that:

That's a 50% discount on Pizza

Davey Cakes

Let me repeat that:

I'm not even a big fan of Pizza Hut, but that's a hell of a deal. How'd you get his keychain?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
618PXE57vxL._SL500_SS500_.jpg

Did anyone else grow up on these? They always seemed to be in our freezer. I haven't had one in many years — can't imagine they taste all that great to a more-refined pizza palate. /pizzasnob

Let me repeat that:

You should try that new garlic bread pizza thing they have — I saw a commercial for it the other day. Looks interesting.

Did anyone else grow up on these? They always seemed to be in our freezer. I haven't had one in many years — can't imagine they taste all that great to a more-refined pizza palate. /pizzasnob

Omg yes I remember those. Whenever my parents weren't home and I was hungry I just popped one of those in the microwave and eat. But fresh pizza always tasted so much better I want pizza so bad now.

Just got back from Lou's and got the Chicago classic. Ordered a personal size pizza and was surprised to see how small it was. At least I won't have leftovers to tempt me into breaking my diet. Ate half and it was really good. Will definitely get a small or medium when I order the crustless deep dish next time.

So you got the low carb one?

Dude you have to try the butter crust. You owe it to yourself. For lous i carry out; order a cheese and pepperoni HALF BAKED. I get home pre heat the oven to 400 and cook it for about 30 min. It comes out so good its like a demonic pizza lord straight up ejac-ed creamy mozzerella down your throat. Dont forget the butter crust when ordering.

You should try that new garlic bread pizza thing they have — I saw a commercial for it the other day. Looks interesting.
yup, i still eat them when we have them. now i just throw salsa on them

So you got the low carb one?

Dude you have to try the butter crust. You owe it to yourself. For lous i carry out; order a cheese and pepperoni HALF BAKED. I get home pre heat the oven to 400 and cook it for about 30 min. It comes out so good its like a demonic pizza lord straight up ejac-ed creamy mozzerella down your throat. Dont forget the butter crust when ordering.

Re-heating the pizza you just collected in your oven at home is always good.

Top Bottom