• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pizza |OT| Food of the Gods

Chaplain

I thought pizza lovers in Los Angeles would want to eat at the west coast winner of the "2012 Best Traditional Pizza" from the International Pizza Expo. All of their ingredients are flown in from New York or Italy.

They are @ 9228 W. Pico blvd.

http://brooklynpizzaandpasta.net/

Yes, magic food.

Those fact sheets are completely wrong about Australia though, which makes me doubt them altogether.

Yea, they're wrong about India too. They say that 'pickled ginger, minced mutton and tofu' are popular here.

I've never heard of any pizza anywhere with pickled ginger on it, they're probably confusing cottage cheese for tofu, and as a country with many vegetarians, somehow I doubt that mutton would be one of the most popular toppings around (although I could be wrong about this last one).

maxxpower

Moving to San Diego. Anyone know of some awesome spots for legit pizza? (not that typical california fancy stuff, even though that can be good from time to time).

Awesome thread by the way.

Just go to Little Italy in downtown San Diego, there's plenty of good pizza restaurants there.

Care to share? Can't say I've gotten to trying enough of them yet.

1 for 1 used to be my go to place, altho i don't know how it is now. toppers has some decent options, and their homemade garlic sauce is amazing. there's a place east side called yaseein i think which is not bad. like i said they are decent but nothing super amazing. and always get thin crust :p

how is there no pizza pics on this page..

080510-07.jpg

Pizza is my favorite food, but since I've been trying a low-carb lifestyle I can't really eat it as much as I like.

yes, i've tried low-carb pizza and it's not the same

Chris R

Pizza is my favorite food, but since I've been trying a low-carb lifestyle I can't really eat it as much as I like.

yes, i've tried low-carb pizza and it's not the same

Even Holy Grail pizza? I was actually really surprised with how good it was... Thanks for the idea for my dinner tonight!

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
For anyone visiting Boston, you are required to go to the North End and hit up Galleria Umberto.

WKow9.jpg

H9oyo.jpg

You'll also need to get a panzarotti, which is a deep-fried ball of mashed potatoes and cheese.

Unfortunately, they're only open around lunchtime, it's always busy, and when they sell out for the day, well, they close up shop — but it's so worth it. Go, just go.

Even Holy Grail pizza? I was actually really surprised with how good it was... Thanks for the idea for my dinner tonight!

I haven't tried that one, but I'm looking it up now.

Sometimes I think it'd be easier for me to give up meat than give up carbs. I love my bread, man. A couple of days ago I was craving crackers for the first time in my life. I mean, who craves crackers?

:(

Koyuga

The most annoying thing about getting pizza these days is that nobody has anchovies. I realise that its not the most popular topping, but I love the stuff. I edn up having to buy my own and adding it myself. :(

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
For anyone visiting Boston, you are required to go to the North End and hit up Galleria Umberto.

WKow9.jpg

H9oyo.jpg

You'll also need to get a panzarotti, which is a deep-fried ball of mashed potatoes and cheese.

Unfortunately, they're only open around lunchtime, it's always busy, and when they sell out for the day, well, they close up shop — but it's so worth it. Go, just go.

Shove it up my ass please I need this in my life, looks delicious

The most annoying thing about getting pizza these days is that nobody has anchovies. I realise that its not the most popular topping, but I love the stuff. I edn up having to buy my own and adding it myself. :(

My dad loves anchovies. This one time he called up a pizza place that was right across the street from a super market. He asked for anchovies and they said "We don't have anchovies." He said, "Can you see that grocery store?" The guy on the phone said "Yes I can." My dad replied with, "Then go get some." Then he hung up the phone.

My dad got anchovies on his pizza that day. He was my hero from that day forward.

Vyrance

This thread is amazing. I can't believe a large is considered 14" though. The godlike larges are at least 20".

Oh, and Chicago deep dish for life.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
This thread is amazing. I can't believe a large is considered 14" though. The godlike larges are at least 20".

Oh, and Chicago deep dish for life.

Stop it

NYC style FOREVER lol.
I love pizza

This is a pizza appreciation thread lets not debate LOL.

I never had deep dish pizza D: wonder what i'm missing

As for PIZZA, i love pizza, always enjoy eating it whenever i get the chance and every weekend i do :D

Bigfoot

I love pizza but I have to say, after spending a month traveling all over Italy last year, Italian pizza is overrated!

I know this is an unpopular opinion but in Italy every pizza place I went to only offered pizzas with a single topping. Sure, in some places the crust, cheese, and especially sauce was amazing but the variety and topping combos are definitely lacking compared to what you can get here.

I love pizza but I have to say, after spending a month traveling all over Italy last year, Italian pizza is overrated!

It's overrated by travelers mostly. Food critics on the other hand are not very kind to Italy's pizza. Last I checked, NY was rated the best place to get pizza in the world. Having lived in Italy for over a year about 8 years ago, I was incredibly disappointed by their pizza. The pasta dishes, however. To die for.

Bigfoot

Having lived in Italy for over a year about 8 years ago, I was incredibly disappointed by their pizza. The pasta dishes, however. To die for.

Good to know I'm not the only one. And agreed, pasta in Italy more than makes up for their lacking pizza. The pasta is where it is at, especially the Pesto lasagna I ate way too often in the Cinque Terre area, which I guess is where pesto was invented.

UrokeJoe

Just had Costco pizza, doesn't compare to some of the pics, but for $10 my pizza stomach was fed with more to spare for tomorrow.

There's nothing here on tomato pies!!!

http://njmonthly.com/articles/restaurants/the-original.html

Compared to every other kind of pizza, Trenton tomato pies are put together backwards. Cheese and toppings go on first. Only then comes the tomato sauce—seasoned, crushed plum tomatoes, to be precise—spooned on with the individual pizzamaker’s signature flair.

It wouldn’t be a true tomato pie if there was tomato sauce in every bite, as in a regular pizza. You don’t want sameness in every bite. You want the tomatoes to have a bit of bulk and gather themselves in little red hillocks on the pie.

dnWyw.jpg

ultron87

My favorite pizza is from a chain called Dewey's that has locations in Ohio, Northern Kentucky, and St. Louis. It is called the Ryan's Inferno and is a white pizza with buffalo chicken, ranch dressing, onions and celery on top. And is amazing.

The right half of this pizza is a Ryan's.

Marleyman

Banned

WKow9.jpg

H9oyo.jpg

My god; that is my favorite kind of pizza. Square, well done, and just cheese.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
gonna try a detroit style pizza using this recipe i found in the next couple of days. will report back with pictures.

my thought is that it won't differ too much from the process of making a pequod's or burt's style cast iron pizza. the edge of the detroit pizzas does appear to have some kind of parmesan accoutrement, which i am gonna imitate. i think i'll just use a 10x14 baking pan, like i would make a big batch of brownies in (it looks the right depth, even if it's maybe not the same metal they use at a place like buddy's).

iNvid02

WKow9.jpg

H9oyo.jpg

pLD6f.gif

Top Bottom