• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pizza |OT| Food of the Gods

I've yet to have a proper deep-dish pizza. I really want to one day, but I do think I'm more of a NY-style kind of guy. Don't get me wrong, though: I will eat any kind of pizza if it's in front of me.

I've yet to have a proper deep-dish pizza. I really want to one day, but I do think I'm more of a NY-style kind of guy. Don't get me wrong, though: I will eat any kind of pizza if it's in front of me.

Giordano's in Chicago will change you. Shell out $50 some odd dollars and have it shipped to you.

Love pizza and wish I had access to pretty much all shown in this thread.
UK is severely lacking (at least where I live). Pizza Hut, Dominos or frozen :(

B00TE

That OP. This was the wrong thread to look at, as hungry as I am right now. Shame I'm in an area where no one will deliver for some reason. That being said, I know what I'm getting tonight! Probably get a hawaiian pizza.

And next time I'm in Boston, so gonna check out the places mentioned.

Love pizza and wish I had access to pretty much all shown in this thread.
UK is severely lacking (at least where I live). Pizza Hut, Dominos or frozen :(

See if you can find Dr. Oetker Ristorante pizza. It's from Germany, and it's some pretty amazing stuff, especially for frozen. Best frozen pies by a long shot.

KOnLh.jpg

PK Gaming

You've created one of the best OTs in Gaf. Seriously, the 2nd or 3rd definition for Pizza in the dictionary should read
"Everything is improved with Pizza."

Now if you'll excuse me

cries because he can't eat Pizza for another 16 days.

See if you can find Dr. Oetker Ristorante pizza. It's from Germany, and it's some pretty amazing stuff, especially for frozen. Best frozen pies by a long shot.

Brilliant, thank you! I've seen them around but seeing the picture of all those different types.... Got to try some of them :)

Wow, thanks for the advice. I may do this in the future during a special occasion or something.

No problemo! My girlfriend shipped one into town for my birthday two years back and it was pretty damn good. It comes in a container with dry ice and with instructions on how to bake it in your oven. I've had it multiple times on location, but this is a damn good substitution all things considered.

Edit: Oh and do NOT get the cheese pizza. Waaaaaaaaaaay too much cheese.

Brilliant, thank you! I've seen them around but seeing the picture of all those different types.... Got to try some of them :)

Np. I'm actually a bit jealous. Here in the States we don't have the chicken, prosciutto, or Hawaiian ones, and I'd really like to try the prosciutto and Hawaiian. Mozzarella is my favorite though.

lunchtoast

Ever met anyone who doesn't like pizza?

I had a japanese teacher who said he met someone who didn't like pizza that 's the only time I heard.

yamo

KOnLh.jpg

I agree, best frozen pizzas I have eaten. However the stone-oven ones are pretty bad, so make sure you get the ristorante.

coldvein

Banned
frozen pizzas eh.. red baron is my jam. just the 4 cheese or whatever. i used to eat one of those every day after school..the red baron pizzas with a bunch of toppings get all weird and watery when you cook em up.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Yeah, never really been into frozen pizza. The best I've had is probably Red Baron's five cheese and garlic French bread pizza. No red sauce, and it's more like garlic bread, but it's delicious.

My obscure local pizza parlor is better than your obscure local pizza parlor.

Just kidding, I like Pizza Hut the best.

Tr4nce

Great thread! It's a good thing I'm going on a holiday for a week in.... ITALY! :)

We leave and go by car within one hour. Should be a 15 hour (max) drive from the Netherlands. Gonna eat me some delicious pizza's and pasta's I hope!

SKINNER!

Banned

KOnLh.jpg

I got the Mozzarella one in my freezer right now. Love the Ristorante range.

But my all-time favourite frozen pizza is Cosmo's Haggis Pizza. That stuff is just incredible! If you're in the UK, then you gotta at least give it a try. you will NOT be disappointed.

afsxc.jpg

vUtF6.jpg

Great thread! It's a good thing I'm going on a holiday for a week in.... ITALY! :)

We leave and go by car within one hour. Should be a 15 hour (max) drive from the Netherlands. Gonna eat me some delicious pizza's and pasta's I hope!
Do post pictures of them pizzas!

KOnLh.jpg

Nah Ristorante is shit. As far as Dr. Oetker goes Tradizionale and "Die Ofenfrische" pizzas taste much better. Also Wagner is much better when it comes to German frozen pizzas. "Die Backfrische" is the only frozen pizza brand that kinda tastes like restaurant pizza. Their Steinofen and Big Pizza brands are also ok for frozen pizza.

I got the Mozzarella one in my freezer right now. Love the Ristorante range.

But my all-time favourite frozen pizza is Cosmo's Haggis Pizza. That stuff is just incredible! If you're in the UK, then you gotta at least give it a try. you will NOT be disappointed.

afsxc.jpg

vUtF6.jpg

Rama-Hughes-yoda-pizza-2.jpg

“Haggis is the path to the dark side. Haggis leads to gas. Gas leads to indigestion. Indigestion leads to suffering"

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I'm celiac and will never eat pizza again.

*kills himself*
If you have a Naked Pizza by you (it's a healthy pizza chain, and they're actually really good), they have gluten-free crust as an option. I've heard nothing but good things about it.

Malvolio

This looks juicy. I've heard Lou's is the best.

It's certainly my favorite. I enjoy all kinds of pizza and consider myself a bit of a novice foodie, but honestly in a last meal type scenario I would ask for a Lou's and not think twice. It is the pizza I grew up with though so I'll admit that I'm biased.

f0nz0

I've been trying various pizza dough recipes that work good on my gas grill/pizza stone combo. This one came out a little too thick for my liking,though the wife absolutely loved it.

9Xuyxl.jpg

Anyone in NYC Check out Koronets Pizza Near Columbia University
541421041_b2b4f98c5e_z.jpg

Yes the Pizza slices are Huge and honestly the picture doesn't do it justice. Not my pic btw but I've been there before and I left very satisfied XD

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I've been trying various pizza dough recipes that work good on my gas grill/pizza stone combo. This one came out a little too thick for my liking,though the wife absolutely loved it.

9Xuyxl.jpg
I can see champignons, mozzarella, some vegetable (spinach?) and sauce, but what's the dark stuff, roast beef?

Nice work anyway, if I only I could get my pizzas that thick.

f0nz0

Rösti;40595142 said:
I can see champignons, mozzarella, some vegetable (spinach?) and sauce, but what's the dark stuff, roast beef?

Nice work anyway, if I only I could get my pizzas that thick.

The toppings include, baby Bella mushrooms, mozzarella, spinach, and the dark stuff is prosciutto. The sauce tomato basil, I dabbed the outer rim with some olive oil and sprinkled some oregano on it.

Ended up at Whole Foods last night and ended up getting two slices of their basic cheese pizza and a root beer.

Simple, but I really dig the crust on their pizzas. Another of my favorite go-to places is Zachary's Chicago Pizza for their carne pizza.

Top Bottom