• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Platinum Games/Activision announce Legend of Korra downloadable for PC/XB/PS [screen]

Status
Not open for further replies.

fedexpeon

Banned
What!?

7Gr5Bar.gif

He needs to open a YT channel on how to dance.

Phades

I would have agreed with him if not for the god awful mess that Shippuden has become. Pre Shippuden Naruto was better than ATLA imo.

If only they did the world building for the Naruto world in a more logical fashion instead of in sprinkles to preserve mystery... The asspull newfound powers gets a bit old in Naruto though and in any part that portrays more strategy in execution for Naruto characters is always a better storytelling mechanism.

Ravidrath

Concerned about the budget, with it being a downloadable game.

Definitely intrigued, though.

And there better be a Cabbages trophy.

it's general knowledge bro
This will probably be one of the only times I agree with you. Avatar is cool and all, but Naruto (the manga especially) is just better, all around. Combat, character-building, thematics, etc.

You guys are cray. Post-Shipp Naruto is awesome! Except in world-building, like someone else mentioned. Barely know anything about other Villages.

bigmac996

Not sure if this has been noted yet, but IGN's preview has what looks to be an in-game screenshot as the clickable banner:

EDIT: I'm an idiot... there's a whole slideshow of images from the game in the article itself

gWyl9Vn.jpg

Because the Last Airbender isn't a currently running show whose new season is premiering this week.

Oh I didn't know that and Touché! I was just nitpicking since I don't really watch Legend of Korra and loved The Last Airbender.

I still cant wait to see how ridiculous (in a good way) playing Korra will be since she is an Avatar and all.

Nzyme32

Apparently I'm not down enough with the kids to know what this is.... but a mention of Platinum is always attention worthy. Seems to be the 2nd stab at the PC with this title. Really enjoyed MGR, but hopefully they allow for more varied resolutions and higher frame rates

Cheddahz

Banned
ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod

Gartooth

Because the Last Airbender isn't a currently running show whose new season is premiering this week.

Its pretty obvious that this is another licensed game from Activision that is capitalizing on some TV show / movie. The only thing that makes this project different/exciting is Platinum's involvement, hence wishful thinking that they would've gotten this opportunity on TLA even though Activision's/Viacom's desires are apparent.

BadWolf

That doesn't really mean he is against Sony.

Xbone is also not backwards compatible (like he complains about the PS4) and yet that doesn't mean he hates MS, heck is making a game for them.

PG makes games for those that give them money at this point. If Sony pays them then they will make a game for PS4, its as simple as that.

SykoTech

Uh...wow.

Didn't we just have a thread about a wishlist for cartoon/anime based games? And I'm pretty sure someone recommended Platinum for Avatar/Korra there too. LOL.

Welp, this will probably be the best thing to come out of Korra, unless the next 2 Books have a huge jump in quality.

Too bad it isn't Avatar: The Last Airbender though. Much superior cast...and story...and...well, everything.

Shaanyboi

Banned
My only real concern is that bending suffers from the Green Lantern problem. You have these incredibly versatile powers, but can you properly represent them in a game which is inherently limited? Earthbending alone breaks that game in a lot of ways

Cornbread78

That doesn't really mean he is against Sony.

Xbone is also not backwards compatible (like he complains about the PS4) and yet that doesn't mean he hates MS, heck is making a game for them.

PG makes games for those that give them money at this point. If Sony pays them then they will makes a game for PS4, its as simple as that.

You're probably right, they are more like hired mercenaries at this point, but he has been pretty outspoken in regards to things Sony lately and has not been towards MS and he loves NIN, we all know that, lol.

zede05

Neo Member
I'm cautiously optimistic. The last Avatar game I played was back on the PS2, and it wasn't too bad...I guess.

HUELEN10

Fuck...

I love Platinum but can't stand Avatar, this so so conflicting. Either way, this is huge and I am excited to learn more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom