• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Platinum Games/Activision announce Legend of Korra downloadable for PC/XB/PS [screen]

Status
Not open for further replies.
ARFiJHn.gif

um... why is Korra white in all of these?

In the final orange-blue version, she'll also be a male with her chin down and eyes up.

Kaizer

Banned
This is a dream come true holy shit, can't believe out of all the 50,000 different properties that Platinum should be making a game for, one is actually coming to fruition.

Kayant

Well shit.... That was unexpected. The first season was ok haven't finished the second one yet but I feel it's an ok series. With P* at the helm this game should be all kinds of good however, can't wait for some gameplay.
DF analysis will be funny if it happens

Lasty95

Weird wonderful news.

Still have the second series to watch but loved the first.

Platinum!?

Well, that's automatic day 1 for me then.

Kuro

The writing is hit or miss for sure, but counterpoint: she looks cool when she's kicking the shit out of people, so a game dedicated to that by the masters of games about cool looking characters kicking the shit out of people has the potential to be fantastic.

Yeah aesthetically the series is pretty great although book 1 had smoother animation than book 2 which looked a little choppier in some ways. I think a Platinum game in the ATLA/Korra world will be fun.

Mr. X

Activision is bigger than Sega, but I don't believe that Activision will bother giving Platinum enough time or money to actually make a good licensed game.

They could've went to other developers that would do it for less and not in Japan. Nick must've gave Acti a nice check with clear directions or Acti wants to fix their rep with licensed games so they don't lose that avenue.

Despera

Banned
I hope they go for cel shaded as the render style. Would be awesome if they could make it look as good as ultimate ninja storm titles.

BadWolf

They could've went to other developers that would do it for less and not in Japan. Nick must've gave Acti a nice check with clear directions or Acti wants to fix their rep with licensed games so they don't lose that avenue.

This is a good point.

There is no point in hiring PG unless you want something that plays really well.

I've never watched Legend of Korra but The Last Airbender tv series was really really good, and if it's anything like The Last Airbender it could easily be turned in to an action game...Platinum could make something really awesome with this.

What? WHAT? I just got done watching The Raid 2 and now THIS? The hardness of my martial arts boner is off the charts!

I still think the first season of Korra, before they took their big steamy dump all over everything they'd created with the final episode, was really good. I checked right out when they brought in the spirit nonsense for season 2, but it looks like they aren't bringing that back for season 3. At this point I'll buy any game that Platinum makes, no questions asked, but when they get to handle existing properties that I'm fond of it's like video gaming bliss.

Speaking of, fingers crossed for a Revengeance 2 reveal at TGS.

Mr. X

I enjoyed Korra S1. Haven't seen S2. Haven't seen ATLA in it's entirety, just some of the final eps which were great.

The probable shortness of the game might be a negative for some, but the positive part of that is if it does well, and the game is good, then Activision may be willing to fund a larger Avatar game in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom