• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Platinum Games/Activision announce Legend of Korra downloadable for PC/XB/PS [screen]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really should watch the Avatar series especially now since it's been developed by Platinum. No idea what to expect other than it being fun as hell.

Avatar is not as good of a Series as Naruto, but it's worthy enough for me to check out this game when it releases

Kermit-the-Frog-in-Lipton-017.jpg

ultron87

It'd be cool if the Pro-Bending it mentions is in there as a kind of separate mode where you can play a league Blitzball style.

Mr. X

Or maybe Platinum Games is just that cheap now that Sega won't give them any money.

They were an independent dev studio from the jump. They pitch prototypes or get contracted to make games for pubs. If they fell from Sega's good graces (which I doubt) they ended up now with Nintendo and MS and now Acti is giving them work which are all bigger than Sega.

Sony needs to get in on the PG train.

Well, at least they remembered the Equalists. I hope the Liutenant will be a boss.

And it seems you can vote for the cover between three options:

I think I like the top cover as it most accurately reflects the Avatar's role. Worth noting though that I haven't seen Korra yet (once it's all out on DVD I'll buy and watch it all), so I won't be able to play this. Loved Avatar though, and I know this won't be as good, but it'll still be better than most TV shows.

It's download only and published by activision so I don't know.....

Still, it's Platinum and Korra. I was hoping for Kill la Kill, but this is the second choice I didn't even know I wanted.

Wish it was based on TLA instead, but this is still awesome. A game set in the Avatar universe made by an actually good action studio.

I would've much preferred a game revolving around the cast of the first series(The Last Airbender) on one of their many adventures after the conclusion(which they hinted about, hence they didn't save the world and stay idle). Though, if it's Korra, I'll take it solely because I love the world of Avatar, and in Korra's time, love how they've merged the fantasy Asian world of The Last Airbender with steampunk. If Platinum delivers a great game, I'm there!

Its a quick downloadable game.

Nothing AAA by Platinum so it's not REALLY the game Avatar fans wished for.

But anything PG is a good thing so no complaints (for now)

Narroo

Aw, but legend of Korra sucks. Why not Aang?

Heck, it seems book 3 is about how Korra continues to screw the world up.
"Korra, not content with undoing hundreds of years of avatar links, now is destroying the world by undoing the balance of spirits to the human world!"

KHlover

Banned
Interesting. Korra's not a bad choice for a game. The simpler ways in which bending gets used (relative to ATLA) are probably an advantage when it comes to making a game and mapping buttons, and it's a video game so the weaker writing isn't an issue. I'll definitely keep an eye on this, given Platinum's reputation.

As of the leaked episodes of LOK season 3 this isn't really true anymore. Bending in LOK was just limited by having to avoid property damage in the city. Season 3 has removed that and as a result the level of bending went way up.

Kuro

If anything, Korra is underrated. People act like it's the worst thing to ever happen to television.

Korra is a terrible character, the writing is cheap, too much teenager romance drama with the love triangle. After ATLA's somewhat good run Korra is just sub par crap.

zhorkat

They were an independent dev studio from the jump. They pitch prototypes or get contracted to make games for pubs. If they fell from Sega's good graces (which I doubt) they ended up now with Nintendo and MS and now Acti is giving them work which are all bigger than Sega.

Sony needs to get in on the PG train.

Activision is bigger than Sega, but I don't believe that Activision will bother giving Platinum enough time or money to actually make a good licensed game.

Whoa. This could be amazing.

I wonder. Can we fully explore Republic City or is it a linear brawler? What about bending? Will it limited in use or can we string together huge bending combos? What about other characters?

Its a quick downloadable game.

Nothing AAA by Platinum so it's not REALLY the game Avatar fans wished for.

But anything PG is a good thing so no complaints (for now)
I don't mind the fact it's a downloadable game. I think the cel-shaded style looks great. And yeah, I trust PG more than a lot of other studios regarding quality.

Mononoke

Banned
I really should watch the Avatar series especially now since it's been developed by Platinum. No idea what to expect other than it being fun as hell.

Yep, but it's also really epic. You will be surprised by how fleshed out the world is and how mature the themes/subtext are. The ending is also really satisfying (from a character/ plot perspective).

Korra Book 1 was pretty good (shit finale). Book 2 was pretty awful.

Korra is a terrible character, the writing is cheap, too much teenager romance drama with the love triangle. After ATLA's somewhat good run Korra is just sub par crap.

The writing is hit or miss for sure, but counterpoint: she looks cool when she's kicking the shit out of people, so a game dedicated to that by the masters of games about cool looking characters kicking the shit out of people has the potential to be fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom