• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlatinumGames opens official Japanese Twitter - EPIC SWITCH TEASING HYPETRAIN!

PlatinumGames keeps tweeting more teases about Switch ports! What are they doing?!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kaizer

Banned
As someone who never bought a Wii U, I know nothing about Bayonetta 2 & never experienced it, so this is fantastic news!

Yup. At this point I take it as pretty much confirmed.

...what?

Damn nice catch.

...What!?

Also in the bottom the copyright says Nintendo. So pretty sure it has to do with Nintendo.

...Ok, you people are officially nuts.

I'm not saying these games aren't coming to Switch at some point but I am STRUGGLING to see what on Earth this image has to do with the Switch or any proposed port/remaster/rerelease.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Because he doesn't have to buy them multiple times and I would say if the games come to the Switch the Wii U version wouln't be the best console version anymore. I'm glad I didn't get it on the Steam sale as well.

No one would ever have to buy the game for any platform, not once, not multiple times. But even ignoring that fact, you could have enjoyed the game on Wii U and PC, and a newer version wouldn't take that enjoyment from you.

Now let me ask you a question. If this rumored port never actually comes out... will you go out and buy the Wii U and/or PC versions? I guess you won't, if you haven't already. So I have to assume that you would rather not play and enjoy a game before playing it on a system that isn't the theoretical "best"... And that's weird.

tkscz

...what?

...What!?

...Ok, you people are officially nuts.

I'm not saying these games aren't coming to Switch at some point but I am STRUGGLING to see what on Earth this image has to do with the Switch or any proposed port/remaster/rerelease.

The Joycons come in Neon Red and Blue, the colors in the first image. When another tweet made the connection to the switch, Platinum liked the post instead of debunking it. Basically adding fire to the flame. No confirmation, but good connections.

How would that work? Honestly.

Btw, for people asking a hypothetical Bayo 3, how would they improve it? Bayonetta 2 feels like an extension of the original and had some slight changes in the gameplay that improved the pacing.

Changing that final battle for starters

The Joycons come in Neon Red and Blue, the colors in the first image. When another tweet made the connection to the switch, Platinum liked the post instead of debunking it. Basically adding fire to the flame. No confirmation, but good connections.

The colours are also the colours associated with the respective games. Liking the tweet could just be "oh cool connection".

I mean I see the possibility, but these "oh yeh, that's it confirmed 100%" make no sense to me.

Maybe, just maybe it can do well on a not dead in the water system. Imma double dip, HARD. I imagine they could get them both 1080p locked 60fps with the Switch.

I mean, if they just wanted to show a cool pic of Bayonetta, they didn't have to make it look like that (horizontal, one is upside down with respect to the other, seeming to mirror the disposition of the sticks). It seems intentionally made to mirror the neon joycons.

Plus, this is a general Platinum Games account, right (as in, not specific for Bayonetta)? They have a bunch of other games to choose from. They could've shown a pic of their most recent game which has been a huge success instead.

I would buy this in an instant. I never got to play these!

I want this to be real, but I can't get my hope up based on Twitter "hints".

Astral Dog

W101 is playable mostly on the pro controller. Add some touch screen support when in handheld mode.

As for Bayo 3, I'd like them to try new mechanics but Bayo 2 being as well paced and without the BS that filled Bayo 1 was pretty great too
Bayo 2 suffered alot in terms of story/characters though, the bosses won't leave much of an impression and thats one reason why it isn't liked as well as the first one

MartyStu

Believe it or not, I bought my switch this year specifically because I expected both this and #FE this year.

So happy.

Coda

The more I think about it a port of both games on the Switch is just a win win for Platinum, Nintendo and the fans. It can't cost too much money to port the game these days with all the dev tools they have at their disposal. I will gladly pay $60 for both games just to have them on the go. Although a $40 price would be that sweet spot for people who already bought Bayonetta 2 on the Wii U.

MartyStu

Holy fuck, does anyone even want new games on the Switch?

Seeing how few people purchased the Wii U, Bayonetta 2 is effectively a new game.

The more I think about it a port of both games on the Switch is just a win win for Platinum, Nintendo and the fans. It can't cost too much money to port the game these days with all the dev tools they have at their disposal. I will gladly pay $60 for both games just to have them on the go. Although a $40 price would be that sweet spot for people who already bought Bayonetta 2 on the Wii U.

Agreed on $40.

Wamb0wneD

No one would ever have to buy the game for any platform, not once, not multiple times. But even ignoring that fact, you could have enjoyed the game on Wii U and PC, and a newer version wouldn't take that enjoyment from you.

Now let me ask you a question. If this rumored port never actually comes out... will you go out and buy the Wii U and/or PC versions? I guess you won't, if you haven't already. So I have to assume that you would rather not play and enjoy a game before playing it on a system that isn't the theoretical "best"... And that's weird.

Obviously noone has to buy games. I want to and I'm glad i hold off the Steam version because now there is a possibility i can get it on my favourite console where i can play it anywhere.

I actually will get the first game elsewhere if this ends up not happening, not sure why I wouldn't. I got a Switch and hoped for some Wii U games i wanted but couldn't play before, and i got it before the Steam version of Bayo 1 got announced.

It's not like I have nothing else to play and i try to avoid buying the same game multiple times, so I can wait for this to happen or being sure it doesn't and get it on Steam. The fact I would only be able to get the first one makes it even more reasonable to wait for a potential Switch bundle with both games.

Plus, this is a general Platinum Games account, right (as in, not specific for Bayonetta)? They have a bunch of other games to choose from. They could've shown a pic of their most recent game which has been a huge success instead.

Bayonetta is by far their most well-known series and most frequently associated with them.

I really hope they port most of the Wii U's library over. It this happens, all I need is 3D World, W101, Fatal Frame V, Tokyo Mirage Sessions and Runbow and I can pretty much forget the Wii U ever existed.

Coda

Nnnnnn

How many times must we buy this game?

I guess Bayo 2 is still fresh for a lot of people.

I played it a lot on the Wii U, but eventually I kind of had my fill and gave it a break, plus I never loved the Wii U as a console. The prospect of having it on the go would energize my love for the game, it's arcadey gameplay would be a perfect fit on the Switch.

Astral Dog

Changing that final battle for starters
I liked the last boss, its easily one of the best ones though far from the spectacle that was Jubileus or the Brain from W101.

They just need to find that sweet spot and do something unconventional (unfortunately this doesn't guarantee a better battle) next time and they will be fine

mantidor

I think there's a very high chance, the positioning is just odd, you would usually put number 1 above and number 2 below, here it was switched on purpose.

But let's not treat it as confirmation :p

Don't play with my emotions like this platinum. You're gonna get me hyped for nothing :( ( in all seriousness I really hope it's true, day one for me)

DrArchon

Yeah, I'd fucking double dip. They're fucking fantastic games, and the idea of playing Bayo 2 on an airplane or a lunch break sounds fucking awesome.

Yeah, I could play Bayo 1 on my laptop, but not with the Link costume.

Coda

I think there's a very high chance, the positioning is just odd, you would usually put number 1 above and number 2 below, here it was switched on purpose.

But let's not treat it as confirmation :p

Haha didn't even notice that, the amount of evidence is overwhelming at this point. Especially after all the PC port tease images, I'd say it's par for the course that it's happening.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
As someone who never bought a Wii U, I know nothing about Bayonetta 2 & never experienced it, so this is fantastic news!

Same here. I am 100% ok with them re-releasing the Wii-U's entire back catalogue.

Mario 3D world and the Zelda remasters would be most welcome.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I think Bayonetta & Bayonetta 2 might actually be coming up next in my Wii U backlog. Just as soon as I finish up Watch Dogs.

Top Bottom