• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlatinumGames opens official Japanese Twitter - EPIC SWITCH TEASING HYPETRAIN!

PlatinumGames keeps tweeting more teases about Switch ports! What are they doing?!

Results are only viewable after voting.

TDLink

They could just release all three in one sweet ass pack. W101 doesn't really need the second screen, right? I only played a couple of hours but second screen stuff seemed pretty redundant.

There are a couple of cool moments that are only really possible with the second screen
(like a part where you are flying a ship in a side scrolling shooter style level on the main screen while simultaneously fighting enemies inside the ship on the bottom screen)
. Which I thought was amazing. But if they were to do a port they could probably figure something out to make it work with only one screen. I actually think "picture in picture" was an option on Wii U so you could play it only on the gamepad, so they could do something like that for the parts where it was "required".

Theonik

Still salty that got scrapped for the Wii version.
I wonder why we didn't at least see a PS4 port of the game at this point.
Because Capcom sucks on both counts but I think it might have been a technical reason actually. PS3 version is good because you get the best of both worlds. Paper filter is back, you get better controls with the move, and you get controller support that was removed on the Wii.

I think we'll get a more stable framerate plus 1080p, with the first game being locked to 60fps
I think it will be either or. Stable 720p unstable 1080p or 900p with drops.

Shaanyboi

Banned
They could just release all three in one sweet ass pack. W101 doesn't really need the second screen, right? I only played a couple of hours but second screen stuff seemed pretty redundant.

There were acouple minigame sections that used both screens. However if you needed, you could toggle so that you had a little picture-and-picture set up if you wanted to only play on the TV or with the Pro controller. You could probably easily have it so that a second tiny screen comes up in contextually necessary moments.

While I think it maybe a stretch, I'd love for Bayonetta 2 to be given a second life on a system that might support it.

Bayonetta got a lot of press on PC and a Smash release+amiibo could help.

Though I hope Bayo 3 is in the cards even if it's not Switch exclusive to at least land on Switch

Because Capcom sucks on both counts but I think it might have been a technical reason actually. PS3 version is good because you get the best of both worlds. Paper filter is back, you get better controls with the move, and you get controller support that was removed on the Wii.

I think it will be either or. Stable 720p unstable 1080p or 900p with drops.
Switch should have enough horse power to run at 900 with a stable frame rate.
1080p with similar performance to the first game.
Look at MK8D which runs better (no frame pacing) and has extra RAM for the double items while running at 1080p.
Or Splatoon 2 which is apparently running at 1080p 60fps combined with a slight visual upgrade.

I hope they add a cheat code to unlock Sai Fung early. I'm getting tired of grinding the Vestibule in every port. :/

Other than that, I'm extremely excited to be able to play Bayonetta everywhere. And everyone whining about Bayonetta 2 not being on PC is forgetting that 1 is the better game anyway.

Wamb0wneD

Yeah probably. I don't own a PS3 though. :(

kbohs

I always tell myself to expect nothing and be pleasantly surprised if I get something, but I can't not get hyped at the possibility of Bayo 1 + 2 on Switch. Might not be perfect portable games and my lack of Pro Controller will hurt, but I love everything about both of those games and I will drop everything to buy and play them on Switch.

Coda

I hope they add a cheat code to unlock Sai Fung early. I'm getting tired of grinding the Vestibule in every port. :/

Other than that, I'm extremely excited to be able to play Bayonetta everywhere. And everyone whining about Bayonetta 2 not being on PC is forgetting that 1 is the better game anyway.

1 may be a better game overall but personally I prefer Bayonetta 2. Between the amazing level design, more epic bosses, and just general polish to the combat I seem to go back to Bayonetta 2 more than 1.

Did you see the cheat engine code to unlock them on the PC version? A time saver for sure.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member

Highly debatable.

Anyhoo, If I had a Switch I'd definitely pick this up. Two fantastic games to add to the Switch library.

69wpm

Would be even more awesome if Bayonetta 2 would release on Steam too. But hey, this would be amazing. I never cared for the Wii U, but I certainly intend to get a Switch one day, so I'll finally be able to play 2.

It's really not rocket science...

iohwok.jpg

I mean that's only there because Bayonetta 2 was a Nintendo game but if anything it's still a good sign of what's to come.

He's saying in relation to Bayo 2 getting a Steam port. It's a Nintendo game, so it isn't happening.

How would that work? Honestly.

Btw, for people asking a hypothetical Bayo 3, how would they improve it? Bayonetta 2 feels like an extension of the original and had some slight changes in the gameplay that improved the pacing.

More slight improvements and HD rumble.

TreIII

Btw, for people asking a hypothetical Bayo 3, how would they improve it? Bayonetta 2 feels like an extension of the original and had some slight changes in the gameplay that improved the pacing.

They said that a third game would have to do something quite different, since both from a gameplay angle, as well as storywise, Bayo2 made things come full circle.

I would at least hope that such things like Umbra Climax would be nixed in the sequel, though. In comparison to Bayo1, Bayo2's combat may be more streamlined, but also offered less freedom because you were expected to use UC. Especially on higher difficulty levels, where the enemies could pretty much break out of combos whenever they wanted.

Astral Dog

Bayo 3 needs to be innovative and not another iteration of the first, they have been talking about changing the main character for awhile (and wanted Balder to take this role in 2)

Anyways Wonderful 101 is a nono not only its dumb to bundle it with an M game but the space they would take its expensive

W101 is playable mostly on the pro controller. Add some touch screen support when in handheld mode.

As for Bayo 3, I'd like them to try new mechanics but Bayo 2 being as well paced and without the BS that filled Bayo 1 was pretty great too

Double dip, triple dip, I don't care. Give it to me.

Got the Xbox 360 version, PS3 Version, the first print edition on Wii U and the special edition on Wii U.

Wamb0wneD

just give us MGR 2 and then i don't care if the studio shuts down with their Garbagenetta series

Does MGR stand for Metal Garbage Rising? Because Bayo is better than MGR.

The Wii U is the best console version so far, and the PC version is the best one overall. I honestly don't know why you're glad you skipped them.

Because he doesn't have to buy them multiple times and I would say if the games come to the Switch the Wii U version wouln't be the best console version anymore. I'm glad I didn't get it on the Steam sale as well.

Buggy Loop

W101 was easily better on analog sticks than touch screen. The sections where it change to the screenpad are worthless, they could simply transition what was shown on the gamepad to the main TV, or even splitscreen.

Top Bottom