• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

Protein

Banned
man I think that would piss me off lol. Good job getting him though, that'll show the fucker!

Felt just as intense as being alive in the last 5 players. One-player mode is definitely on par with some survival horror games. "Stalker/hunter" players are pretty much Nemesis from Resident Evil.

Kalentan

Did they change the loot distribution in the latest patch?

It feels like you have a much higher chance to find an entire town of almost no loot.

Or at the very least lots of loot of one specific kind. Like I couldn't even find a single level 1 backpack in a town just yesterday.

Protein

Banned
What is a good recording service? I'd like to record my matches in case something awesome or funny happens.

Definitely Shadowplay on Nvidia card. You can assign a hotkey to 'instant replay' save the last 5 minutes (5 min default; or set it longer/shorter) of anything. It's how I got my Terminator clip a few posts back. I don't find any performance issues with it at all. Then I just upload to Streamable as recommended in this thread.

Edit: Just make sure you have 'Instant Replay' toggled on or else nothing will record. Also, when you turn it off you can change the settings.

brentech

I don't know what the issue is, but when I use ShadowPlay sometimes my clips have out of sync audio. I mostly use OBS stream and clip it off twitch or use OBS and just straight record.

ShadowPlay is just for when I forgot to start one of those, but because the audio issue (which again, isn't every time) I try to avoid having to use it.

Magwik

Banned

Other view:
https://youtu.be/axFpWQ00Ch4?t=34s
edit: made a gif
WxE21K9.gif

Ruff

I don't know what the issue is, but when I use ShadowPlay sometimes my clips have out of sync audio. I mostly use OBS stream and clip it off twitch or use OBS and just straight record.

ShadowPlay is just for when I forgot to start one of those, but because the audio issue (which again, isn't every time) I try to avoid having to use it.

Shadowplay records with a variable frame rate which some video editors (Adobe prem for example) doesn't like. It works okay in something like Vegas though. If you're talking about the output file I can't say I've noticed any unsync in those just playing them raw in windows

Grexeno

When it comes to the rest, I know there are a lot of situations where you die and feel you possibly couldn't do better, but I think most of the times you can learn and adapt. Like going prone while getting shot from an unknown direction in an open field/the woods is a pretty common noob mistake. You feel powerless, but eventually you'll learn and act differently next time.
What is the strategy here? Most of the time I'm just screwed.

I've been trying to practice to be like those people who can leave their rifles on full auto all the time and control their clicks so carefully that they can single shot at distance when they need to.

It... uh, it's going to take more practice before I'm out of the "I maybe hit them once or twice after I miss the first accidental burst and they run behind a tree and headshot me" phase

brentech

Shadowplay records with a variable frame rate which some video editors (Adobe prem for example) doesn't like. It works okay in something like Vegas though. If you're talking about the output file I can't say I've noticed any unsync in those just playing them raw in windows
I guess I never watched the raw output. That's probably the case when I'm viewing it in Hitfilm.

Lupercal

Banned
I've been trying to practice to be like those people who can leave their rifles on full auto all the time and control their clicks so carefully that they can single shot at distance when they need to.

It... uh, it's going to take more practice before I'm out of the "I maybe hit them once or twice after I miss the first accidental burst and they run behind a tree and headshot me" phase

Better to leave it on single and practice tapping quickly.

Tovarisc

Early Access – Week 15 - Patch Notes
General
  • Added SEA (Southeast Asia) server
Client Performance
  • Improved UI performance
Bug fixes
  • Fixed a bug that caused a character to walk through gas station wall.
  • Fixed a bug that caused a character to stand on top of a tunnel after getting out of motorbike inside of a tunnel.
  • You can no longer get out of a vehicle if the vehicle is blocked all the way around.
  • Fixed a bug that made a teammate's weapon invisible in spectator mode
  • Fixed an issue of the scope crosshair appearing blurry when post-processing quality is set to high
  • Adjusted GROZA rail to better fit Holographic Sight and Red Dot Sight
  • Fixed a bug that caused ammo not to drop after dropping Extended Mag with full Backpack
  • Vehicle tire effects will change immediately when the vehicle is on a different type of ground
http://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/2533687504421400116

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
For some reason im getting 10fps in game, is it just me? Feels like its running terrible

Pooya

Net code completely fails at close combat. On drop, this guy is looking away from me, I'm punching him from behind but I take damage instead. lol. The refresh rate is so low it can never cope with fast actions in confined areas. It's not even updating at a constant rate so people just basically can skip frames away from sight and dodge your bullets!

Look at this analysis of net code. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trzzA44dEE4&t=141s

It's just shit compared with every other shooter. The game is great but I'm not sure they have the technical know how to pull it off, it's a very complex game. Maybe with the team growing they can eventually pull it off, we're still ways off and this is the improved net code, what we had before was even a bigger joke.

MazeHaze

Banned
Does anybody else have their buildings not load all of the way like, 50 percent of the time? It really sucks to land and then have to spend the first minute just crouched somewhere waiting for my buildings to load and my framerate to not be sub 1 fps. By that time I'm already at a disadvantage, especially if anyone else landed near me. 45 mbps internet connection, gtx 980 with everything on low except for textures.

grascher

Does anybody else have their buildings not load all of the way like, 50 percent of the time? It really sucks to land and then have to spend the first minute just crouched somewhere waiting for my buildings to load and my framerate to not be sub 1 fps. By that time I'm already at a disadvantage, especially if anyone else landed near me. 45 mbps internet connection, gtx 980 with everything on low except for textures.

I've heard it's because of slow HDD, so moving game to SSD should help, if you don't have one closing some programs like spotify or browser may also help.

I feel this game is actively trying to piss me off at this point. In the same round I headshot a guy with a red dotted M16 who was driving a boat halfway across the river between the main island and the military base and got a kill.

In the final 15, I got the drop on a guy and put three rounds in his head and chest with the same gun, and then he turns to me and headshot kills me with one bullet while I was wearing a level 2 helmet and ballistic mask and at 75% health. End game stat screen, I had 20 kill points and three, just three, hit points.

owlbeak

Maybe it was just something weird with my PC, but I updated to the new Nvidia drivers this morning by accident and it destroyed performance in PUBG. Halved my fps, made the menus glitch out, textures not load, etc, etc. Rolled back immediately and back to having no issues.

Par Score

Did they change the loot distribution in the latest patch?

It feels like you have a much higher chance to find an entire town of almost no loot.

Or at the very least lots of loot of one specific kind. Like I couldn't even find a single level 1 backpack in a town just yesterday.

Yes. That was one of the major changes in this months patch. They had an entire separate blog post explaining the change.

This is a HDD issue causing asset streaming to fail. Change your install drive (and start looking for a replacement for the failing drive).

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Just bought the game today and had my first ever match! Was awesome!

I've been watching twitch streams so I had a basic, general idea of how to play. But I was surprised I couldn't figure out how to use the scope on a rifle or how to circle the camera while running. Got some googling to do lol

twisted89

Just bought the game today and had my first ever match! Was awesome!

I've been watching twitch streams so I had a basic, general idea of how to play. But I was surprised I couldn't figure out how to use the scope on a rifle or how to circle the camera while running. Got some googling to do lol

All you have to do is check key bindings in the settings...
Double right click and alt.

Top Bottom