• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

jet1911

sanstitreweo34.png
Just had one of my best game! Never managed to kill more than 5 people in a game before lol.

So, a question about custom games: Why do they never start?

I've joined probably 25 or 30 custom games, only to have them never actually start. Does someone need to manually launch the game? Or does it wait until all 100 slots are filled? Inevitably 100 people join, but there are people in the 'unassigned' slots.

It's really frustrating and it's soured me on the custom games.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Damn I spent like 5 minutes sitting in a bathroom. I open the door and this other dude is just prone watching the window opposite the bathroom door, making for an easy kill. I would have been so pissed and shocked if I was him.

Anybody have any key bindings they can recommend?

I've been playing with the defaults and they're good, but I feel they can be a little clumsy, especially when I'm trying to run while holding left shift and then use left alt to use the free-cam.

So in Solo I find it hilarious that you can get into other players vehicles. I've had a few great moments with this "feature."

First time I was chasing a guy after dropping in and he started talking about how he was going to get to a vehicle then run me over with it. Well he ended up in the backseat where I got into the driver seat and drove him around. Eventually leading him to another vehicle to get in, where he would get out and drive away. Nope, I got into his vehicle and told him where to drop me off. So we kept getting in and out of vehicles till one of us said enough and ran the other over.
I killed him

Second time I had just dropped and a guy was already in a buggy when he tried to run me over and got stuck on a wall. So I jump in the back and tell him to try and get rid of me. If he flipped the car I would have died so I suggested that tactic. Instead he see's a boat and just guns for it. Well now it's on! I get out of the buggy and swam to the boat and we both got into the boat. He tried to kill me with the blue by strategically moving the boat seats just right, but it didn't matter. We sat in that boat till it go down to 13 folks. Then he made a last ditch effort to get to land. As the blue was coming and killing us both he ended up dying, I felt bad so I just decided to stop running and die on top of them knowing I had won.

This game has some amazing ass moments to it.

There are a lot of silly unexpected things that happen during this game. Was playing duos with a friend and we dropped with one other guy into the same spot. No idea where his teammate was but we both immediately start chasing him without any of us having any time to loot.

Sometimes we'll get close to him but always out of punching range. After a minute or two, we decide this is pretty much what we're doing for this round, we're going to catch this fucker. We're just laughing our asses off, I'm sure this guy was too. After about 5 minutes, we reach the beach and two other guys see us chasing him without weapons, so they put their weapons away and join the chase. One guy in front, me and friend behind him, then two others behind us....over five minutes into the game now.

After some crafty angles, the two guys in the back reach my friend enough to punch him, so my friend stops and starts fighting. He takes a few seconds to tell me he's fighting, so I stop and run back to help. He's dead by the time I get back so I start punching at the two guys. I realize mid-fight that the original guy we were chasing had stopped and ran back to watch us fight. He's literally a few meters away, just standing and watching.

Very soon, I die to punches and in my very last fall, the camera gives me a great angle to see the two guys start running after the original lone guy, whom also takes off running. The chase continued. I really wish I knew what ended up happening there. Too funny.

MANGOD

Banned
Bit of a random question but I have an issue with Windows that I can only seem to get if I play this game and wondering if any others do before going ahead with trying to get a fix.
Simply boot up the game and when you get to the title screen you dont even have to play the game quit. Now open up Microsoft edge, does edge work? The page will load fine but for me at least you cant scroll or click anything on the loaded page. You can go through settings and click through favourites fine.
This is really doing my head in why edge is not responding after playing this game. I can only replicate the problem with pubg, every other game runs fine with edge working ok. When I reboot edge works again but open up this game and it doesnt

Rogan

Banned
I'm finally enjoying this game, got my first squad kill! I don't freeze up anymore when shots are fired, usually I would sit in the corner, hide and get killed.

After playing with friends I learned so much! Now I'm up for solo.

Vipu

Banned
So, a question about custom games: Why do they never start?

I've joined probably 25 or 30 custom games, only to have them never actually start. Does someone need to manually launch the game? Or does it wait until all 100 slots are filled? Inevitably 100 people join, but there are people in the 'unassigned' slots.

It's really frustrating and it's soured me on the custom games.

Go play customs to pubg.com
They have automatic hosting and lots of people play there.

Hanzou

Could I get this game to run decently on lower settings on a machine with an amd 7870, overclocked i5-760 and 4gb of ram? I really want to give this game a shot.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I think I almost want to just never touch another vehicle again until they fix it so that the multi-ton vehicles don't suddenly flip over and do a 1080 horizontal in midair because you hit an incline 1 degree higher than flat while going 15mph and happened to be next to a building with a sniper in it.

-Deimos

I had the worst luck today with circles and vehicle spawns. Some guy even managed to sneak up on my entire squad and steal our car while we were looting some houses in an open field.

Daffy Duck

Does anyone here stream this game on anything other than an I7?

I did a test stream last night with OBS (at what I believe default OBS settings) and ultra settings on my PC which I get about 60+ FPS per secon and it was so choppy and bad.

My PC spec is I5 4690k, 980Ti, 16Gb RAM with 200Mb fibre broadband and 20Mb upload.

Should I lower the game visual settings and try again? I really want to try and get into streaming but bitrates, stream resoloution, FPS etc is all too much info to take in lol

Cc23830

one tiny irritant after 10 hours play. and those ten hours being spread over two evenings lol, Custom matchmaking?? everytime i try and join a zombie custom game there is an assigned box and if somebody is sat in there the game wont start even when there are 100/100 players assigned??? whats that about. i havent actually managed to start a game successfully yet?

CeePhour

Banned
I would pay money for a version of the game that goes from my character screen to the plane instead of taking me to "lets be as annoying/loud as possible Island."

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
I would pay money for a version of the game that goes from my character screen to the plane instead of taking me to "lets be as annoying/loud as possible Island."

Yeah I dont get why we have to wait 60 seconds when there's already 100 players in the game

Cc23830

i would pay a couple of £ to avoid this as well lol. i just stand there now taking a pounding with my headphones on the desk

Top Bottom