• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

Just played my first duo game with my gf.

0413EF215931A34F38411C9B1905D3B9FF31A84F

baby

lmao

Edit: Maybe she died in the last firefight? She killed the last guy, maybe she died too. Do you still appear in the UI if you die?

Or maybe she left the game before I made the screenshot, I dunno.

you still appear in the ui if you die or disconnect as a skull or an x respectively

Muffin you should totally roll with it, chicken dinnering a duo by yourself is impressive! :p

Lmao, wouldn't make up for lying about having a girlfriend though imo

...I'm tempted to just link to her tweet about it, but then Gaf is gonna claim that's my fake second Twitter account lol

Just post her chicken dinner screenshot from the same game.

I just asked her, and ofc she didn't make one.

Looked into my duo statistics, but nope, there isn't even a win or played game listed there Oo

And the exit game button in my screen is ofc exactly over our two player icons xD

She's laughing at all of this btw.

I just asked her, and ofc she didn't make one.

Looked into my duo statistics, but nope, there isn't even a win or played game listed there Oo

And the exit game button in my screen is ofc exactly over our two player icons xD

She's laughing at all of this btw.

If you look closely you can see the two overlapping team player icons. I believe you Muffin!

As for bugs, I'll believe that too - today I ended a game like this, apparently:

- 'Died' standing up
- Health isn't even at 0
- Reloading a pistol I never equipped with 0 ammo
- "Your Team Still Remains" even though my team mate is dead

imageb1a6p.jpg

Oh - and I was shot through a wall (100mbps fibre optic, Ryzen + 1070).

Oh... And in the game prior , I jumped from a roof only to find I could no longer run, hell, barely walk. Also couldn't pick anything up. Team mate had to down me to fix it.

Plasmid

Got my first win of the season. Hadn't touched the game in month due to vacation and illness but first squad game back was a win. Ty discord randos.

do people hack in this? I was in a building with my buddy, we killed a guy in there, there was one person left who killed my friend downstairs while i was upstairs, then I could swear he just rose up from the first floor through the ground and killed me. I walked into a room that was completely empty and yet he was right there next to me out of nowhere, there was no entrance for him to come through and I went up the only staircase.

HowZatOZ

Banned
do people hack in this? I was in a building with my buddy, we killed a guy in there, there was one person left who killed my friend downstairs while i was upstairs, then I could swear he just rose up from the first floor through the ground and killed me. I walked into a room that was completely empty and yet he was right there next to me out of nowhere, there was no entrance for him to come through and I went up the only staircase.

There are hackers but I personally haven't encountered any on OCE servers. I do not know if there are teleport hacks yet but the usual ones are ESP/Aimbots. There is the likely culprit of server lag, I've been experiencing that lately where I'll be running into a house and looting away then five seconds later get teleported back to outside the house. Only lasts until about 80~ people are left alive.

what is wrong with you

If this is about not taking a screenshot, my Steam Overlay is disabled for PUBG. (Allows me to use Shift + Tab together to view backpack whilst running with default key bindings)[
Couldn't be arsed to use Geforce Experience/Shadowplay either.

JDB

Banned
Übermatik;242789509 said:
If this is about not taking a screenshot, my Steam Overlay is disabled for PUBG. (Allows me to use Shift + Tab together to view backpack whilst running with default key bindings)[
dis 👏 gus 👏 ting 👏

baby

and you just dont have sharex in the year two thousand and seventeen?

Blizzard

Banned
Steam has built in screenshot capabilities too.
I think I've heard the Steam overlay adds very slight latency. I'm not sure if it's true, but it would make sense to me.

I really wish the Steam overlay had a FPS toggle hotkey though, like Fraps.

Aselith

Übermatik;242786929 said:
If you look closely you can see the two overlapping team player icons. I believe you Muffin!

As for bugs, I'll believe that too - today I ended a game like this, apparently:

- 'Died' standing up
- Health isn't even at 0
- Reloading a pistol I never equipped with 0 ammo
- "Your Team Still Remains" even though my team mate is dead

imageb1a6p.jpg

Oh - and I was shot through a wall (100mbps fibre optic, Ryzen + 1070).

Oh... And in the game prior , I jumped from a roof only to find I could no longer run, hell, barely walk. Also couldn't pick anything up. Team mate had to down me to fix it.

Jesus. Did you take this with a 1990's phone?

subwilde

You can change the overlay binding in the steam settings menu. I have mine set to " shift+` " for this exact reason. Also when playing CS:GO I can walk and check the scoreboard at the same time.

I think I've heard the Steam overlay adds very slight latency. I'm not sure if it's true, but it would make sense to me.

I really wish the Steam overlay had a FPS toggle hotkey though, like Fraps.

I don't think this has been the case for a while now tbh

Pooya

I hear a car driving up near my building, I approach slowly from cover behind, the car stops... the guy somehow teleports behind me into grass and shoots me with Groza, 2min into the game before any crate drop happening. Seems legit. As I die, I watch him literally vanishing into thin air.

I just want to have killcams to see how many cheaters are in this game. I wish I recorded this shit.

Grassy

There are hackers but I personally haven't encountered any on OCE servers. I do not know if there are teleport hacks yet but the usual ones are ESP/Aimbots. There is the likely culprit of server lag, I've been experiencing that lately where I'll be running into a house and looting away then five seconds later get teleported back to outside the house. Only lasts until about 80~ people are left alive.

I've encountered two pretty blatant hackers on the Oceania server. I reported them and they were both banned within a day.

Here's the vids, first two are from the same player:
https://streamable.com/a1wuv
https://streamable.com/lkm8u
https://streamable.com/dz9tu

Grassy

Where was he in the second video?

*edit* I could see the second one being super lucky but I could also imagine it being some sort of lock-on hack.

I have no idea, but considering they killed me with a single AKM bodyshot and you can't even hear the shot, they must've been well into the blue. So maybe some kind of infinite health hack on top of the aimbot...they were banned anyway so I'm sure there was no luck involved :p

Hey There PUBG\PC GAF!

Bought the game tonight and my 7850 isn't cutting the cake. Figured it was about time to look for a new card but the card I was thinking about (480 with 8GB) seems to be a pipe dream. What would be a decent upgrade to play this game without breaking the bank? I know it's not all about the graphics mostly looking for solid FPS and draw distance.

Thanks!

I'm running this thing at 720p with everything on Very Low and it's still wack

Is it my CPU/GPU? (Old AMD A10-5800k, but NVidia 1050Ti LP) or is it just the thing being alpha as shit and totally not optimized

Blizzard

Banned
I'm running this thing at 720p with everything on Very Low and it's still wack

Is it my CPU/GPU? (Old AMD A10-5800k, but NVidia 1050Ti LP) or is it just the thing being alpha as shit and totally not optimized
I have an old 3570k and a 2GB GTX 770 and it runs at 50-70 FPS with mostly very low settings. The latest patches made it perform a lot better, so they're definitely working on optimization.

An SSD helps, and 16GB of memory should help.

Top Bottom