• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation 4 consoles sitting in a warehouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it really hurt Sony to say from this weekend..

Ship them when you're good and ready.

Doesn't matter if it's a few days early

Ahhhh go on!

Mondy

Banned
Or, it could be, you know, distribution logistics?

Somehow, between 2006 and now, Sony and Microsoft have narrowed the console launch gap between the US and EU/Australia, logistically, from 4 months to 2 weeks. A couple more probably wouldn't be that hard. And I would bet you anything that by the time the US launch rolls around, the EU/Australia consoles will be sitting in a warehouse just like these ones, waiting to be shipped out to retailers.

....Saying that sounds a tad selfish but I want my console damnit!

TriGen

I've handled the wait really well overall, but once that calendar flipped to November I've been feeling it. The 14th is going to be brutal.

Ploid 3.0

i plan on enjoying PS4 vicariously through our US Gaffer friends for the 2 week wait.

we can always console ourselves by saying they're testing bugs or something i suppose....

I won't be getting a PS4 for a few months if I'm strong enough. Like WiiU I'm excited to see everyone enjoy it. I'm curious about everything and I can't wait for the 15th.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Iv told myself Im gonna stay off GAF and not watch any unboxing/UI videos. Wonder how I will hold up

Bradach

I won't be getting a PS4 for a few months if I'm strong enough. Like WiiU I'm excited to see everyone enjoy it. I'm curious about everything and I can't wait for the 15th.

You've a stronger will than I. once I board the hype train I always end up at the final station (my local electronic / game shop)

new tech is my achilles heal

Dinjooh

Iv told myself Im gonna stay off GAF and not watch any unboxing/UI videos. Wonder how I will hold up

Yea....

UdoyU0H.jpg

kyser73

I think this is stupid as fuck.
The games, accessories, the whole fucking lot should be on sale early. I've ordered my PS4 online, when it arrives I need to leave the house and fuck off somewhere to track down a stand for the bastard thing.
It'd be easier if I could just take care of it early.

Actually talking about that, when can PSN+ subscribers browse the PS4 games online? Can they be digitally purchased already?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PlayStation-Vertical-Stand-PS4/dp/B00D781Q9G

Unless you are MERICA!

kyser73

Because Sony are silly. I'm not quite sure what the point of the staggered release is apart from trying to take pressure off the PSN servers.

Like that is gonna work.

OR...

It won't be possible for Cerny, Kaz, Yosp and the assembled international cast to do local press in the flesh interviews in the US and EU at the same time.

Cerny might be a genius, but even he can't be in two places at once.

Or CAN HE?!?!

Dunlop

I'm still trying to figure out if I should risk canceling my Amazon pre order and take my chance on a store

I'm in Canada and hadn't thought about the hurdles I have to go through if it is doa as apparently I would have to deal directly with Sony.

Having done do in the past with my ps3 I can tell you they are fucking scarily useless in dealing with us

Decisions!

JP

I hate photos like me! They're photos of boxes but they always make me want the console more!

22 days, 10 hours, 16 minutes and 11 seconds to go according to my countdown clock! :(

Damn, he just took a box home. I'm jealous. Wonder if he was given permission or did he just take it? I find it hard that store would like a item they have limited units of be taken home by an employee, unless he preordered one and just took home and paid off that unit.

When the PS1 was released I worked in a Gamestop. We received the system several days (at least a week) before the street date. I had preordered one, so one night when I closed the store I picked mine out of the pile, labeled it, removed the system from the box, and replaced it with a large book about the same size and weight (the PS1 was essentially a rectangle). I played it all week and when the street date came I paid $299 plus tax for my book in the box. The management was none the wiser.

Bradach

When the PS1 was released I worked in a Gamestop. We received the system several days (at least a week) before the street date. I had preordered one, so one night when I closed the store I picked mine out of the pile, labeled it, removed the system from the box, and replaced it with a large book about the same size and weight (the PS1 was essentially a rectangle). I played it all week and when the street date came I paid $299 plus tax for my book in the box. The management was none the wiser.

well played

(I read your post in Dr. Zoidberg's voice)

Nice!

So, like, has this guy started posting video of the bootup / UI / gameplay yet?

If not, what's he waiting for?

Do we even know what happens when you power the PS4 on at this point?

Faustek

Ya'll get all the better PS+ content so be happy.

reckon PS4 will be pretty much the same TBH, if Sony doesn't pull a wabbit out the hat and suddenly announces that 30+ games will be released Q1 2014. No until we're in to year 1-2 I don't think it will differ.

kyser73

Of course, it would also be churlish and console-warish of me to add that he's (claiming to) already (be) playing Shadowfall.

Out of the box.

Without a Day 1 patch.

dat handle on Xbox One

dat added value!

Nice story, very well played!

Brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom