• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation 4 consoles sitting in a warehouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn you guys, the weeks have been flying by since e3 but now seeing this box has got me all worked up. Next week can't come soon enough, I'll be at work all day texting my wife asking if it's come yet. I'll be mighty annoying I'm sure.

Does anybody know if the DS3 works with the ps4?

Iorv3th

Why does he say firmware v1.5 isn't available when I thought it was already posted online to download to USB sticks?

SRTtoZ

SHR46FU.png

I came. I saw. I came again.

I am starting to get hyped up. I didn't schedule any work for friday-monday and my wife and daughter won't be home. It's going to be glorious.

protip: go sign up for ups mychoice on ups.com (it's free) and make sure your address is the same exact as on Amazon and then when you get the tracking number you should be able to tell them from ups page to hold the package at UPS facility and you can pick it up yourself at 8AM. At least, that's what I did with GTAV.

If you never done this before and are hesistant try it on a small purchase between now and then if possible to make sure you got everything right

How do I know which UPS store it will deliver it to and what times they are available for pick-up?

The closest local store I found says "UPS GROUND PICK UP TIMES: 6:00 PM" - does this mean that's the earliest I can pick it up on Friday? Might as well just wait for the UPS man if that's the case...but if I can grab it at 8:00 AM Friday morning that would be awesome.

How do I know which UPS store it will deliver it to and what times they are available for pick-up?

The closest local store I found says "UPS GROUND PICK UP TIMES: 6:00 PM" - does this mean that's the earliest I can pick it up on Friday? Might as well just wait for the UPS man if that's the case...but if I can grab it at 8:00 AM Friday morning that would be awesome.

idk how UPS does it but you can pick a fedex location where you want them to drop it off. i assume it's the same for UPS if you call them and see. day before helps since they will have it at the last spot before they go out for delivery. that way it isn't on the truck being dropped off again lol

wizzbang

Banned
Game loading is a bit slow the first time you load a new game... After installing data in the background, game loads up much faster initially and between levels... (Killzone SF installs almost all the game data on the PS4 HDD, but it does it in the background while the game is running. The initial background installation while running Killzone does have some slight slowdowns here and there on, but nothing too bothersome.)

Can I just say to all the people arguing with me in the installer / caching thread?
Fucking told you so......... reading the disc for gameplay AND reading the disc for copying will cause excess optical laser assembly stress (specifically the seek motor) - I know my goddamn technical shit.
This means that SSD nazi's (me, some of you) will find that our first playthrough of games will be arguably the slowest possible experience, rather than the fastest until it's installed. Hence my fussing all along that we would like to 100% install, complete, confirmed before damn well playing.

Waiting for the UPS guy on the 15th is going to be torture.

I got everything prepare starting at 12pm I'll be sitting in front of house with my Vita, play some Hotline Miami all the way through, by 4 PM, if UPS hasn't still arrive I'll move on to my Tablet and play some PvZ2 If by 8PM, I'll wait one more our in despair holding a baseball bat (dont ask whats it for) and if he doesn't arrive Im going Apes*ht on GAF till i get banned.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Two weeks ago: Zero hype.
One week ago: Kinda hyped.
November 1st: Oh shit, it's almost here.
Right row: Get me a fucking time machine, I can't wait.

wizzbang

Banned
Mine is being shipped to me and now I'm concerned, virtually no padding in the box - thin, weak looking, oh boy, how many dead PS4's are we going to see? :(

Aspiring

Mine is being shipped to me and now I'm concerned, virtually no padding in the box - thin, weak looking, oh boy, how many dead PS4's are we going to see? :(

Wasn't the PS2 Slim in a fitted box with only that white wrapping on it? At least it was in Australia. And that was fine, so I see no worries. It will also be in another box, say amazon with their padding as well.

Dukey

Banned
The PS3 super slim ships just like this with nothing but the egg crate fittings on the right and left sides to provide support against drops. Everything else sits in the little well at the top of the box. It's going to be fine.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!

What your looking for is placing a hold on your package so they can drop it off in the morning at a UPS Customer Center. Go to the locations map at UPS.com and search for the nearest UPS Customer Center to see if there's one nearby your area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom