• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation 4 consoles sitting in a warehouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

plastik

Just did this and realized the amazon account I used was my girlfriends so now I have to make one under her name, and add me to her account so I can pick up the package. It was weird that ups knew shit about me when I created my account to verify my name. It knew the car and year I drove, my brothers name, and the county I was born in. How the fuck did it know this shit.

Quiet. The NSA are watching.

No, that's the time the UPS driver stops by the store to pick up the packages being shipped off.

What your looking for is placing a hold on your package so they can drop it off in the morning at a UPS Customer Center. Go to the locations map at UPS.com and search for the nearest UPS Customer Center to see if there's one nearby your area.

This. Anyone who can should do pick-up. I've been doing it with the last few things I've ordered to test it out and it's worked perfectly. They're available for pick-up as soon as the place opens. Just don't pick a UPS store since those cost $5 extra and can take an extra day to get there.

JxLjSeg.jpg

lol

VanWinkle

I am going to play Killzone Shadow Fall single player while I'm downloading the day one update. I am going to enjoy playing Killzone Shadow Fall single player while I'm downloading the day one update.

If you guys are going to put a stop on your PS4's that will be delivered by UPS, be aware that a stop is a request that is not guaranteed to happen. If the driver has already loaded the package on the truck and you request a hold at your local station, he might not even attempt a delivery, and since launch day is a Friday, you *might* be without a PS4 until Monday. And trust me, with the amount of packages that UPS will be handling that day, drivers will skip on any deliveries that they get requested for.

My advise is wait it out, and dont try to do anything foolish for the sake of playing a few hours earlier, because that might bite you in the rear end. And I should know, I work for a delivery company.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I'll take one for free if it's not too much to ask. Please warehouse employee, smuggle me one.

Pop

I am going to play Killzone Shadow Fall single player while I'm downloading the day one update. I am going to enjoy playing Killzone Shadow Fall single player while I'm downloading the day one update.

I am going to be playing Killzone:SF while I'm downloading Warframe.

darkwing

If you guys are going to put a stop on your PS4's that will be delivered by UPS, be aware that a stop is a request that is not guaranteed to happen. If the driver has already loaded the package on the truck and you request a hold at your local station, he might not even attempt a delivery, and since launch day is a Friday, you *might* be without a PS4 until Monday. And trust me, with the amount of packages that UPS will be handling that day, drivers will skip on any deliveries that they get requested for.

My advise is wait it out, and dont try to do anything foolish for the sake of playing a few hours earlier, because that might bite you in the rear end. And I should know, I work for a delivery company.

this man speaks the truth

Yeah this is way too risky. Plus the customer service center near me has horrible reviews and is pretty far away.

Just gonna wait it out...even if it takes all day to get here I'm pretty confident I should have no issues receiving it Friday like normal.

Yeah, you have a good point. I would rather have my console at 8pm on Friday then any time on Monday. That's for sure.

Yeah this is way too risky. Plus the customer service center near me has horrible reviews and is pretty far away.

Just gonna wait it out...even if it takes all day to get here I'm pretty confident I should have no issues receiving it Friday like normal.

Thats a better idea. Remember, for you this is the day youve been waiting for a long time! For the driver, you are just another delivery! And another thing, if you REALLY dont want to be left for the last delivery of the day, DONT call up UPS requesting an ETA! We drivers get really mad when they do that, and who knows, maybe the driver will decide to leave you for last.

Last but not least, be SURE that you are at home and waiting for the package. If the driver gets there and you dont come out right away, he wont leave it (he shouldn't, I WOULDN'T!) and I guarantee you, he will NOT make a reattempt on that same day. So, guys, DONT miss those deliveries!!

THEF3AR

To whom it may concern:

I stuck with Xbox from the beginning. I would consider myself an Xbox Fanboy. During the 360 generation, I bought and sold a PS3 4 times. Ridiculous, I know, but that is the truth. I love Xbox as a brand, and I loved the Gears of War series and, of course, Halo.

I have spent months with my Xbox One reservation. Blinded myself from the harsh reality of what was behind the scenes. A month or so ago I would of defended the Xbox One through thick and thin not even caring about the facts.

Now, I am absolutely... confused.

What do I do? GAF, I am serious. What the fuck do I do? I am really close with the manager at GameStop and he told me I can pick up a PS4, if I want, the day after it comes out.

I want a PS4, but I don't.

I don't want an Xbox One, but I do.

I am seriously, seriously confused. I know it is sad, but I am primarily a one console gamer. I did play The Last of Us, Uncharted, and God of War, but I could never play non exclusives on my PS3.

Help, please, GAF!!

Saberus

In Canada, we don't have deliveries on Saturdays, so hopefully Futureshop will ship the day before (14th). If not.. then its Monday, but thats fine.. Gaf should be fun to watch.

Domino792

To whom it may concern:

I stuck with Xbox from the beginning. I would consider myself an Xbox Fanboy. During the 360 generation, I bought and sold a PS3 4 times. Ridiculous, I know, but that is the truth. I love Xbox as a brand, and I loved the Gears of War series and, of course, Halo.

I have spent months with my Xbox One reservation. Blinded myself from the harsh reality of what was behind the scenes. A month or so ago I would of defended the Xbox One through thick and thin not even caring about the facts.

What do I do? GAF, I am serious. What the fuck do I do? I am really close with the manager at GameStop and he told me I can pick up a PS4, if I want, the day after it comes out.

I am seriously, seriously confused. I know it is sad, but I am primarily a one console gamer. I did play The Last of Us, Uncharted, and God of War, but I could never play non exclusives on my PS3.

Help, please, GAF!!

Join us...

In Canada, we don't have deliveries on Saturdays, so hopefully Futureshop will ship the day before (14th). If not.. then its Monday, but thats fine.. Gaf should be fun to watch.

Usually, when I don't get a package on Friday, I get a pick up slip that allows me to go in to my local depot on Saturday to get it.

My local CP outlet is just down the street so if they don't deliver my Xbone to my door I can just do that on Saturday.

Not too bad.

In getting a PS4?

That just happened.

To whom it may concern:

Help, please, GAF!!

It's time for you to become one of us....I'll even be your first friend on PSN.

darkwing

To whom it may concern:

Help, please, GAF!!

do you want 1080p

Piggus

To whom it may concern:

Help, please, GAF!!

Don't be a noob. Get a PS4.

Another one of my friend's is in the same position. And he's like "but... Halo..."

You can play Halo and Gears on someone else's bone. Otherwise you're going to be wishing you were playing all your multiplatform games at 1080p like the rest of us. Also, PS+ is seriously awesome.

R-User!

Good advice.

Remember what Obiwan and Yoda said:

Yoda: "Only a fully trained Patient Gamer, with the
Tracking Number as his ally, will conquer the Deliverer and his Packages. If you end your training now, if you choose the quick and easy path, as Greedus
did, you will become an Gamer of Evil."
Obi-Wan: "Patience!"
Luke: "And sacrifice Playtime and Bragging Rights?"
Yoda: "If you honor playing on Friday the 15th? Yes!"

To whom it may concern:

Help, please, GAF!!

PS4 is sounding like a great primary system this gen. I'd get the PS4 and wait on the Xbox One if you need Halo.

I think Microsoft is going to need some pretty drastic measures next year (price drop, etc) in order to try and remain as competitive as possible, so it's probably best to wait...especially with all the resolution problems on multiplats and rumors of OS problems.

And join us in Killzone: Shadow Fall MP :)

THEF3AR

Don't be a noob. Get a PS4.

Another one of my friend's is in the same position. And he's like "but... Halo..."

You can play Halo and Gears on someone else's bone. Otherwise you're going to be wishing you were playing all your multiplatform games at 1080p like the rest of us. Also, PS+ is seriously awesome.

I know, I already gotta Vita with a PS+ sub. :) Technically, I am halfway there!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
It's all so new to me. I feel like I am writing that Xbox break up letter from cracked.com.
Yup, this will be my first Sony console. I've primarily played on the Xbox since 2004.

I feel like this thread is serving as a support group for those of us who can't fucking wait for launch day to arrive. It's just so hard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom