• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation 4 consoles sitting in a warehouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

THEF3AR

You know what's fucked up?

I was, woah feels weird, an Xbox fanboy. I would of went to bat for Xbox. Now, I honestly look at the Xbox One and I'm like, "Oh, that nice."

I cannot even begin to imagine how many others that have the same feels as me.

Grinchy

Banned
On one hand, I'm really glad that I'm finally hyped for a new system that's coming soon.

On the other hand, I hate waiting when I'm hyped for something.

Work warehouse at Best Buy and on tonight's truck we received the DS4, controller charging bases, system storage backpacks, headsets, lots of accy's. I forgot to check our system to see if the PS4 consoles were actually shipped yet. Will tomorrow.

Hopefully plentiful for launch but I have my doubts...

Krammy

Help, please, GAF!!

Go with where the games you want are. If it really is brand loyalty, then stay with the Xbone. Granted it had a pretty awful start, and is still not-so-hot in terms of overall price point and power, I think you'll get something out of it if you feel like looking past those two things. It will still have the IPs you want.

Of course, I'd also say that if you were to switch sides and you're worried about losing out on Halo and Gears, "Are they still relevant"? I was never really an Xbox gamer, so I'm not the most knowledgeable on the subject, but I hear after the original Halo team was replaced, the games became very mediocre, and with the original team now working on the multiplatform Destiny, you might still have Halo in spirit on PlayStation. As far as Gears of War, wasn't Gears of War Judgement also done by an outside company, and also received with mediocre reviews? Anyway, with that said, I could understand if you wanted to stay with a known IP after it's seemingly passed on (I still buy a fair share of the new Silent Hill games, despite them being absolute crap).

EDIT: I should preface by saying I've been a pretty big Sony advocate and fanboy, and am more versed in their exclusives than Microsofts, but I'm also trying to be realistic here. My time with the Xbox 360 can be summed up as giving it a try for the first few years (Gears of War, Halo 3), then writing it off after the OG unit I had constantly ate discs I paid $60 for.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
To whom it may concern:

I stuck with Xbox from the beginning. I would consider myself an Xbox Fanboy. During the 360 generation, I bought and sold a PS3 4 times. Ridiculous, I know, but that is the truth. I love Xbox as a brand, and I loved the Gears of War series and, of course, Halo.

I have spent months with my Xbox One reservation. Blinded myself from the harsh reality of what was behind the scenes. A month or so ago I would of defended the Xbox One through thick and thin not even caring about the facts.

Now, I am absolutely... confused.

What do I do? GAF, I am serious. What the fuck do I do? I am really close with the manager at GameStop and he told me I can pick up a PS4, if I want, the day after it comes out.

I want a PS4, but I don't.

I don't want an Xbox One, but I do.

I am seriously, seriously confused. I know it is sad, but I am primarily a one console gamer. I did play The Last of Us, Uncharted, and God of War, but I could never play non exclusives on my PS3.

Help, please, GAF!!

Sounds like you want an Xbox, breh. I think the hype of PS4 dropping next week is getting to you.

Saberus

Usually, when I don't get a package on Friday, I get a pick up slip that allows me to go in to my local depot on Saturday to get it.

My local CP outlet is just down the street so if they don't deliver my Xbone to my door I can just do that on Saturday.

Not too bad.

I usually get that slip if they attempted the delivery and I was not home , I'll have to keep eye out for the truck. Guess delivery trucks around North America will be chased by enraged fanboys on the 15th :p

Domino792

I was, woah feels weird, an Xbox fanboy. I would of went to bat for Xbox. Now, I honestly look at the Xbox One and I'm like, "Oh, that nice."

There are a lot of people it seems. All of my friends are switching over even a guy whose been a xbox guy since the original xbox launch.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

Quite a few people from HaloGAF are going PS4 this fall. From what I remember, I'd say it was roughly 70% PS4 / 30% XB1 right after E3, but it's more evenly split now. But still, this is a Halo community, comprised of people who've primarily supported the Xbox over the past however many years.

This is all ultimately useless information, but my point is that yeah, I've noticed a shift happening, too. From where I'm sitting, the PS4 is winning over a lot of Xbox fans.

Work warehouse at Best Buy and on tonight's truck we received the DS4, controller charging bases, system storage backpacks, headsets, lots of accy's. I forgot to check our system to see if the PS4 consoles were actually shipped yet. Will tomorrow.

Any console stands? I really hope I can get one of this as soon as possible.

ShadowLag

Should have shopped a xbone box in replace of the cat or even Mattrick lol.

This is all i got, heh. Not much of a 'shopper but I had the same idea anyway

Tv4ZHqJ.jpg

Quite a few people from HaloGAF are going PS4 this fall. From what I remember, I'd say it was roughly 70% PS4 / 30% XB1 right after E3, but it's more evenly split now. But still, this is a Halo community, comprised of people who've primarily supported the Xbox over the past however many years.

This is all ultimately useless information, but my point is that yeah, I've noticed a shift happening, too. From where I'm sitting, the PS4 is winning over a lot of Xbox fans.

Halo community needs to move over to Destiny anyway. That's the real sequel to Halo:)

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
I know it's getting close when completely without thinking about it i find myself reminding my wife's friends, people at work, random bank tellers... that i got a 5 day weekend coming up ... guess what i'm gonna be doing??!!! :D :D :D ..... : - /

GUESS!!!

so fucking ready.

To whom it may concern:

I stuck with Xbox from the beginning. I would consider myself an Xbox Fanboy. During the 360 generation, I bought and sold a PS3 4 times. Ridiculous, I know, but that is the truth. I love Xbox as a brand, and I loved the Gears of War series and, of course, Halo.

I have spent months with my Xbox One reservation. Blinded myself from the harsh reality of what was behind the scenes. A month or so ago I would of defended the Xbox One through thick and thin not even caring about the facts.

Now, I am absolutely... confused.

What do I do? GAF, I am serious. What the fuck do I do? I am really close with the manager at GameStop and he told me I can pick up a PS4, if I want, the day after it comes out.

I want a PS4, but I don't.

I don't want an Xbox One, but I do.

I am seriously, seriously confused. I know it is sad, but I am primarily a one console gamer. I did play The Last of Us, Uncharted, and God of War, but I could never play non exclusives on my PS3.

Help, please, GAF!!

Are you a big picture kind of guy?

... or is 720p fine? :p

Damn this thread reminded me that PS4 is coming out soon. 10 days!

Time flew by. Last I remember is it's a month or so away.

Piggus

Most of my friends feel that way too. It makes me really sad to watch the old "Our Colony" Xbox 360 reveal video and see how passionate the Xbox team was back then. By 2010 the company was pretty much dead to me. It's run by suits who know nothing of what their audience actually wants.

Pop

I owned a Ps1 and 2 but jumped ship to 360 for the Halos. I was the same way until a year ago. I picked up a Ps3 and immediately feel in love.

Halo was the only reason for me owning the system in the first place and after that series went stale and terrible to me, I naturally went back to Playstation.

On one hand, I'm really glad that I'm finally hyped for a new system that's coming soon.

On the other hand, I hate waiting when I'm hyped for something.

I hate waiting when I want it now. Makes it worse when you know it's at the store but you can't have it yet.

Something about the release so close, seeing the boxes in warehouses, knowing the day is almost here..
It gets me..right in the heart

Call it nostalgia, call it brand loyalty or even fanboy nonsense but god damn I just have a special place in my heart so the Playstation brand.

Sure I had the Vetrex, Atari, Nintendo, Sega etc.. but the PS1 hit at a monumental time in my life.
Being 14 and my first PS1 started a god damn love affair lol

I can't wait for launch day!

Vilam

Maxis Redwood

How about the official Sony vertical stand? Still trying to find someone selling those.

Help, please, GAF!!

Dude, I was literally in your shoes like 3-4 years ago but on the Playstation side of things. The only thing that made me want a 360 (besides the shitty timed DLC Bethesda shelled out, assholes) was Halo & Gears. My greatest fear was playing only Halo & Gears.

I've had a 360 since then and the only games I've owned are Halo 3, Reach, 4, Gears 1, 2, 3, Alan Wake & Orange Box.

Which isn't bad, but I guess what I'm trying to say is you know what you like to play. If you think the other system has more of it, go for it.

I'm full steam ahead on the PS4 atm, as are a lot of others but I plan on buying an Xbone soon after. Probably for Halo haha

Piggus

No one else have a problem with him stealing it?

I'm a pretty honest person and haven't stolen anything since kindergarten but I don't think I would be able to stop myself lol.

Maybe he has one pre-ordered in their system and is just taking it home early.

artist

Banned
I'm a pretty honest person and haven't stolen anything since kindergarten but I don't think I would be able to stop myself lol.

Maybe he has one pre-ordered in their system and is just taking it home early.
Will that be a similar case like .. I have pre-ordered the game/movie but cant wait so I downloaded it via torrent :p

Still stealing.

Reporting in.from the Battlefield BC2/BF3 threads (does not represent the entire BF-GAF community, since there are many BF3 players who don't visit our thread):

Almost all of the 360 regulars are transitioning to PS4 for next gen.
Most of the PS3 regulars are going to PS4, say about 10% have moved onto PC.
2-3 of the people who changed to PC for BF3 are now returning to the PS4 for BF4.

In the BF4 OT thread, console ID signups stand at over 70+ for the PS platform and only 15 for the XBOX platform right now.

THEF3AR

Lol'ed @ avatar change :)
That was fast loool

Dont look back son

I ain't looking back. After what Epic and Microsoft let happen to Gears of War with Judgment, I have lost faith. The only thing holding me onto Xbox is another Gears of War, and somewhat Halo.

I don't see a Gears of War for a long, long time.

Did you sign the wait list?

Hopefully, for me, Gears makes a comback. One can dream...
They put me in the system for who to call when they get more shipments (well the manager did somethin on the computer with my info when I was asked about it) but Im not finna wait till february to get in next gen. Hopefully they do indeed get some extras though

THEF3AR

They put me in the system for who to call when they get more shipments (well the manager did somethin on the computer with my info when I was asked about it) but Im not finna wait till february to get in next gen. Hopefully they do indeed get some extras though

Okay. I don't know what to tell you. I just spend a lot of money at my local GameStop and happen to know the manager well... Maybe you can snatch one from Target, or even Walmart?

Okay. I don't know what to tell you. I just spend a lot of money at my local GameStop and happen to know the manager well... Maybe you can snatch one from Target, or even Walmart?
I do the same thing I know those guys there and spend alot if money so they should let me know he said they wouldnt know until the day before, but I will check this friday the ln again next wednesday. I actually have alot of trade in credit there so thats my reason for going with GS. In another thread though someone said their GS kept telling him they will have some systems to presell that day before it comes at midnight so theres a little hope.

PJV3

Nearing the end of an epic roller-coaster of a ride, before the PS4 announcement things were looking gloomy, but fuck me what a comeback.

Hype levels are high but stable.

THEF3AR

I do the same thing I know those guys there and spend alot if money so they should let me know he said they wouldnt know until the day before, but I will check this friday the ln again next wednesday. I actually have alot of trade in credit there so thats my reason for going with GS. In another thread though someone said their GS kept telling him they will have some systems to presell that day before it comes at midnight so theres a little hope.

Keep in mind too that usually they call everyone who didn't pick up there system the next day. I know a lot of people will put money down on the preorder but won't follow through with the actual sale.

ShadowLag

What's kinda funny to me is I'm more excited for THIS GENERATION TO END than for the next one to begin.

It's been almost 8 years, jesus. Finally something new! (not counting PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom