• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 Pro |Launch Thread| PS4 Reloaded

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
One simple observation from a 1080p TV owner with Rise of the Tomb Raider. I'm probably not the first one to see that.

High framerate >>> Better Graphics any day. I can't see any serious difference graphics wise between the two modes (granted I don't have a huge TV but still). However the difference with the frame rate is night and day.

Is everyone on the same line as me with RoTR ? That's the only game I've tried for now.
It looks worse even on the menu screen, the iq takes a hit but to each his own I guess
But it is night and day or normal and redbull Lara, still think she jogs about funny at 60
I was shocked how 4k mode on 1080p is a lot sharper than enhance visuals
It's weird as TLOU looks great at 60fps

Elfstruck

Ok, this is weird. I'm trying to deactivate my old PS4 , however, the option to do it is greyed out. It won't even allow me to activate it as my primary console, saying that there's another PS4 activated on my account even though I only have 1 PS4. Any idea how I can fix this?

Maddanth

Gonna hook mine up in couple hours, looking forward to it. Although i imagine the greatest improvements will end up seeing will be on exclusives, and once developers get going over next bit. Either way, looking forward to it , especially once horizon releases in February.

Slaythe

Ok, this is weird. I'm trying to deactivate my old PS4 , however, the option to do it is greyed out. It won't even allow me to activate it as my primary console, saying that there's another PS4 activated on my account even though I only have 1 PS4. Any idea how I can fix this?

Go to sony website and deactivate all devices.

morpix

Your old PS4 needs to be deactivated first, OR, go to https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com and Devices, then de-activate all.
You can only do that last option once every 6 months. So if you have the old PS4, rather deactivate it that way.

Blackage

I'm so confused. So I have a 1080p TV. Do I need to do anything to enable enhanced 1080p features? Can I even get them?

My Video Output Information is:

Resolution: 1920 x 1080 - 60 Hz
Color Format: RGB
HDR on your TV: Not supported
HDCP: 1.4

The conected TV does not Support HDCP 2.2 Applications that support 4K might not display in 4K.

alexbull_uk

I managed to have a quick go on TLoU, MWR and IW after the transferring had completed and I'm genuinely shocked at how much of an upgrade is on offer here. IQ is honestly so much better than I'd hoped and actually far closer to what you'd expect from a high-end gaming rig.

If you have a 4K tv already the Pro is an absolute no-brainer. I'm really surprised at how good games already look that have been patched for the Pro. It's going to be insane when devs start building games with the Pro already in mind.

Mine's also much quieter than my launch PS4, which is a nice bonus, and the controller feels better too.

Just need to get an HDR TV now. Lucky folks that already have them must be blown away by it.

Gamerman1

I have the vizio m60 and was having a problem too. It would pop up for a second and cut out. I figured out it was my hdmi switcher and plugged it straight into tv from pro and it worked for me. I used hdmi 4k@60 since that is one with low input lag.

I have a Vizio as well. I had to boot in safemode and choose change resolution option. It was booting 2160p RGB. TV doesn't support that so I had to change to 2160p YUV420. I had to do that twice.. Once when updating firmware on a hard drive I installed on it and again once I did a Restore from a backup drive.

Hawk269

Has there been a consensus on what settings to use if you have a 4k TV that does HDR? Should Automatic be the optimal setting?

I also wish the games themselves were a bit more specific at what the settings do. For example in Last of Us it just says 30fps or not 30fps, but in game it does not tell you that at 30 it runs at a higher resolution..you would have to research online for this information. Same with Uncharted 4. I have not tried any other games so I cannot say what they do, but I hope things get a little more clear for the end user.

T Ghost

Just left Best Buy, picked my PRO and TF2. I ask to exchange my opened XB1 version for a PS4, manager was nice and approved.

I'm so confused. So I have a 1080p TV. Do I need to do anything to enable enhanced 1080p features? Can I even get them?

My Video Output Information is:

Resolution: 1920 x 1080 - 60 Hz
Color Format: RGB
HDR on your TV: Not supported
HDCP: 1.4

The conected TV does not Support HDCP 2.2 Applications that support 4K might not display in 4K.

You don't need to do anything special, they'll automatically downsample. Only 4K TV's need HDCP 2.2 as it's specifically for displaying 4K content.

Rainer70

Another option is to do a LAN data transfer from your OG PS4 to the Pro. It gave me the option to deactivate the account associated with my OG and transferred it to my Pro (assuming your account wasn't hacked). You will have to put in the login details for the primary account to do this on the new Pro, so if you weren't hacked (and your password is unchanged) it should work.

Slaythe

I don't know why but my ps4pro keeps removing Full HDMI range on reboots.

I was freaking out as to why it looked like shit all of a sudden.

Motooni

So I get that the HDMI cable it comes with is better. But I just used the cable that came with PSVR as I pass through the PSVR box. Should I be using the new cable instead? Or does it not matter because the breakout box limits the output?

I'm using a 1080p TV.

Try it in a dark room with stark contrasts. InFamous First Light was mindblowing when I played it last night, especially in the Higher Framerate mode.

Apart form the awful colour banding with gradients in HDR it looks very good, but limitation of the PS4 Pro currently it seems

SOLDIER

For those of you with 1080p displays, what games are you noticing the biggest graphical differences?

If all goes well my 4K OLED will arrive Monday, but until then I'd like to play around and see which Pro games look the most impressive even at 1080p.

BriGuy

Is it a Vizio? Let me know if it works for you because the latest update doesn't let the pro send a signal to my TV if I use that slot.

Sorry for the late reply, but yeah. It's a 2015 M series model. It worked with no issues for me.

I'm not overly impressed with the patched PS4 games I've tested so far, but I guess that's to be expected with a non HDR tv. I've played some stuff in native 4k on my PC too, but I'm the type of guy who would pick a high frame rate at 1080p over 4k any day of the week. I will say this though - the Pro is mandatory for anyone who shelled out for PSVR. It makes a world of difference.

tommyguns

Try it in a dark room with stark contrasts. InFamous First Light was mindblowing when I played it last night, especially in the Higher Framerate mode.

I tried first light today. Lights off in the room, etc.

I flipped back and forth in the in game settings HDR on and then off.

The difference wasn't as big as I expected.

leng jai

For those of you with 1080p displays, what games are you noticing the biggest graphical differences?

If all goes well my 4K OLED will arrive Monday, but until then I'd like to play around and see which Pro games look the most impressive even at 1080p.

TLOU and Ratchet and Clank so far.

wyu177

Neo Member
Yup I reformatted the drive to exFAT. No luck. The PS4 won't even recognize it now.

I heard some complaints of the front usb ports are deep and some cables don't connect well. Have you tried plugging in the drive in the back? Also exfat and fat32 are different. If you tried one format, try the other.

Ugh wtf. One of the screws in my HDD's caddy is literally like bonded to the fucking HDD. All of the other screws came out with ease and this one is gonna strip before I can even get it out.

Rainer70

How do I keep my account active on both my ps4 and pro but make the pro my primary? I don't want to screw anything up.
Deactivate primary on OG PS4. Make PS4 Pro your primary. If you do a LAN data transfer, it will ask you if you want to deactivate your account on the OG PS4 and activate it on the new one automatically.
Then on the OG PS4, all of your data remains but you'll have to be online in order to play your games on the OG PS4, as its no longer your primary.

Top Bottom