• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 Pro |Launch Thread| PS4 Reloaded

geordiemp

Ok, this is weird. I'm trying to deactivate my old PS4 , however, the option to do it is greyed out. It won't even allow me to activate it as my primary console, saying that there's another PS4 activated on my account even though I only have 1 PS4. Any idea how I can fix this?

Yup, just did this tonight as I forgot to deactivate my old Ps4 before backing up and moving hard drives around.

So, go on your PC, log into your PSN account.

Enable 2 stage security and put in your mobile number, go through the process.

Once you have 2 stage set up, PSN then allows you to deactivate all consoles (as long as you have not done this in last 6 months).

Then make your new pro your primary...

DONE. If you want, you can now turn off 2 stage on PSN

However, if you have your old Ps4 still working then deactivate it in the account settings if you can.

cackhyena

Just noticed Resogun is now free on the EU Store. For the 3 people who don't yet have it lol.

It does it automatically.

Game is rendering at 1440p.
Ah okay. I thought it looked a little crisper but couldn't tell. I asumed this stuff would be a toggle thing.

Soi-Fong

Driveclub is supposed to be a poor example, try playroom, or until dawn as aparrantly the difference is more aparrant.

RIGS got a big boost as well. Along with Robinson the Journey and such.

Honestly, for me I'm not in a hurry for a 4k TV anytime soon. Mainly got the PS4 Pro for VR.

Pac3y

Run into a little issue with cabling, my rated '2160p' cable running from the AVR to the TV cannot output 2160p RGB, black screen. Outputs YUV420 fine however.

Go direct with the provided HDMI and YUV RGB setting works absolutely fine. Maybe a 5 metre cable run is too much? Seems odd, ordered a smaller length 2.0a cable see how it fairs.

Just purchased, bout to hook it up

Btw has there been a teardown of the pro yet to find out what BD drive is in it. Then we can ultimately know if it can do 4k blu rays or not and Sony is being dumb

Just got my PS4 Pro and just hooked it up.

Swapped the HDD for my 2TB and reinstalled the system software with the last of the website.

After the reboot, I see the white light on, but the TV doesn't find a signal (it did in safe mode), waiting about 10min. Rebooted the Ps4, same thing.

Any ideas GAF?

Edit: I tried the HDCP 1.4 mode also

Saiyan-Rox

Is anyone else's HDD in the Pro really fricken loud? when my console is on it's loud enough but on rest mode when it's downloading it's all I can hear and it's driving me nuts

Hawk269

HDR in games is much subtler than on movies.

HDR Movies are mindblowing. Games not as much.

Depending on the TV set you have as I stated above it can be very impactful. You are right that movies in HDR stand out more, but a very good set that handles HDR well for gaming is very impressive. For me Forza 3, Gears and Uncharted are pretty incredible in HDR.

Impulsor

I have a samsung KS8000. 65 inch
I have a ks9000.

As i said, hdr on games is not as amazing as on movies.
Having played HDR Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted 4 and inFAMOUS, I can't agree.
That is fine. I have played uc4 and infamous too on The pro.

I have watched mad max for example, with hdr, on The same tv.

Not a single game i have tried with hdr (gears 4, forza horizon 3, uc4, infamous) comes close to how mindblowing the hdr looks on movies.

Hawk269

I have a samsung KS8000. 65 inch

I am not too familiar with that particular set and I don't know it's NITS output. Settings can play a part in things as well. I would suggest going to AVSFORUM.COM and go the owners thread and ask about HDR settings for your set. I know many that other sets that after they made adjustments for HDR they were more pleased with it.

Gaaawwddd the download speeds are so bad on psn. Got my console 2 hours ago and haven't finished downloading the dishonored patch. 150mb internet wired.

It looks worse even on the menu screen, the iq takes a hit but to each his own I guess
But it is night and day or normal and redbull Lara, still think she jogs about funny at 60
I was shocked how 4k mode on 1080p is a lot sharper than enhance visuals
It's weird as TLOU looks great at 60fps

That was one of the few problems I think I remember for me in the otherwise really great definitive edition of the first game when that originally came out for our OG PS4s. Sometimes Lara seemed like she was animating in "fast forward" which was weird.

Still was great though.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Well, got mine. Working flawlessly. Installing Titanfall now.

Quiet as a mouse fart.

Netflix 4K looks great too. Watched a bit of Black Mirror.

Certinty

BF1 actually surprised me, runs and looks way better than it did on the normal PS4.

Mafia 3 as well seems like a big improvement but I didn't play much to tell the finer details.

Also dear God at The Last of Us, simply stunning how good that game looks.

UPS needs to hurry the f up... I swear I am always the last delivery of the day. Unless of course I've ordered toothpaste or something from Amazon and then it shows up really early in the day.

Just got my PS4 Pro and just hooked it up.

Swapped the HDD for my 2TB and reinstalled the system software with the last of the website.

After the reboot, I see the white light on, but the TV doesn't find a signal (it did in safe mode), waiting about 10min. Rebooted the Ps4, same thing.

Any ideas GAF?

Edit: I tried the HDCP 1.4 mode also

Are you sure you have your tv set to the right input?
I didn't have any problems. I took my old hdd out of my old ps4 and then initialized and installed the firmware.. Rebooted and no problems.

Are you sure you have your tv set to the right input?
I didn't have any problems. I took my old hdd out of my old ps4 and then initialized and installed the firmware.. Rebooted and no problems.

I found the problem.

My TV doesn't support 2160p - RBG, had to manually set it to 2160p - YUV420

Dzab

Nope - pretty poor gaming wise so far - movies are excellent.
Doesn't help that Sony are mucking up HDR 10bit by forcing deep colour on - causing color banding in games that use HDR

They need to fix this in an update, colour banding was really noticeable in Ratchet and Clank.

HDR is certainly not as impactful on Pro games so far, compared to Amazon Video HDR or even Shadow Warrior 2 on the PC.

Dead

well not really...yet
Switching between 60fps mode and 4k graphics on Tomb Raider made me realize I will choose graphics over FPS every time.

cyber_ninja

I heard some complaints of the front usb ports are deep and some cables don't connect well. Have you tried plugging in the drive in the back? Also exfat and fat32 are different. If you tried one format, try the other.

I did ExFat through front usb port and it worked perfectly.

platina

Wow so here is something interesting to note with tomb raider. Check out the difference between enriched visuals 1080p native vs 4k mode downsampled to 1080p. I will still keep enriched visuals on because i do like the cinematic hair along with the other effects but the difference in clarity is huge on my tv! Well, this is what downsampling does! Decisions, decisions..... ooo and the high framerate mode is surreal! THIS is how you do a PRO patch.

riseofthetombraider_191ze2.png

riseofthetombraiderdbl0l.png

Guys what am I doing wrong? I am trying to login on my new PS4 but it says my password is invalid. I tried using a new 1 time password and also my PSN account password and neither are working.

Top Bottom