• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 Pro |Launch Thread| PS4 Reloaded

Ibuki

Banned
Dumb question: I want to transfer my stuff over to my Pro from a shared PS4. Can I transfer my stuff without it messing up my nephew's stuff?

If you do a backup to an external HDD and restore on the Pro, yes.

No idea what happens with the PS4 to PS4 transfer, but I think it keeps the original data intact.

DjRalford

No idea what happens with the PS4 to PS4 transfer, but I think it keeps the original data intact.

Can confirm all original data is intact, you end up with 2 mirror image PS4's if you copy everything, but you can pick and choose what to copy over.

Well through my pioneer vsx45 which does 4K and HDR pass through. My Xbox one s works...

Using Amazon 18gbps 4K cables...

Can you try it direct to the TV?

Can confirm all original data is intact, you end up with 2 mirror image PS4's if you copy everything, but you can pick and choose what to copy over.

Thanks for the info :) I'll do the PS4 to PS4 direct transfer tonight. I just didn't want to f- up my nephew's side of the console.

Incarmine

Banned
Got my pro setup and have tested it on a couple of games. Regarding the noise level, you can hear it when the disc is spinning, and it gets louder when it's speeding up or slowing down.

However, the overall noise level both with disc and without is significantly quieter than my launch PS4. Very much so.

EDIT: Also your Pro must have an internet connection if you want to transfer data from your old ps4, which is solved by having it on Wifi. The actual transfer can still take place over the lan cable. I wasted a number of minutes figuring this out.

SeanR1221

And now it randomly discovered my external HDD.

Whatever, glad its working and I can finally backup and restore after hours of trouble shooting

Ratchet looks simply stunning

ratchet_clank_20161119nspv.png

Someone for the love of god tell me how to speed up my download speed please! I can't stand downloading 2mb per second on a network that maxes out at like 16.

Arttemis

Thanks Best Buy and Verizon for the $400 in gift cards for buying two phones!

QIlHaEv.jpg

This thing is super quiet, less noise than my OG PS4!

I'm also getting 24 Mbps downloading 3 games right now. Finally a 5 GHz 802.11 A/C wifi device from Sony!

Slaythe

Quite disappointed about the fan noise from this. I rarely noticed the noise coming from my other PS4 models because I pretty much always use headphones, but the pro has this weird pitch to it that somehow manages to make its self heard. Other than that I really like the pro, but I really wish that Sony did better regarding the noise.

It's meant to be fairly silent.

Mine is entirely silent and I've been testing it all day.

Return it or boost volume or stand farther from it :/ ?

My old PS4 was OK yet I know people that had a PS4 jet engine so it's kind of a lottery.

Waterdrop

I have no HDR

I have a shitty Haier 55 Inch 4k TV.

And I dono about you guys, but the lighting in games seem NIGHT and DAY difference.

Is that was down sampling is?, why does the lighting look so damn good?

(TLOU and Infamous)

Wow at the IQ of BF1. Insane. Plus PS4 Pro is quiet and i ran it with no game sound and honestly could not tell if it was on. BTW i sit inches away from the console.

Okay so it just placebo or does Infinite Warfare on the PRO at 1080p look just that goddamn more clean!?

Your eyes do not deceive you. That is one hell of a crisp image.
The download speeds are fire too, it's not placebo, people are finally getting their full download speeds from a PS4.

It's meant to be fairly silent.

Mine is entirely silent and I've been testing it all day.

Return it or boost volume or stand farther from it :/ ?

My old PS4 was OK yet I know people that had a PS4 jet engine so it's kind of a lottery.

I will probably end up returning it and trying my luck with another, but a few of my friends are having the same problem. Like you said though... lottery!

Sanke__

PLEASE HELP

My data transfer to my PS4 Pro says it is going to take 32 hours for 1.3tb
WTF
And based on how long the first 10gb took, I calculate 32.5 hours

Is this for real?
What could I be doing wrong?

sgs2008

so I have my ps4pro hooked to my asus swift pg27aq 4k monitor but it doesnt allow me to select 4k in the screen settings. Anyone know if the monitor supports 4k over the hdmi slot ?

tommyguns

Yeah I give up for the night. Plugged in my Xbox one S to try gears and forza in HDR.

Gears legit has a "split your screen in half mode to see the difference of normal SDR and HDR. The difference is so minuscule it's insane. I can't figure out what is going on.

Hawk269

Call me a bad person but I have owned TLOU and Uncharted 4 since launch and never played them.

Now is the time!

I thought I was the only one. I did play UC4 till about Chapter 8 and other things happened. Now that I have the Pro I am definitely going to make time to play them. I did this also when moving to better GPU's on my PC...it does feel good going into things fresh, but I also like hearing from people that already played these games and are now able to revisit them with better visuals or frame rate. Seems like a win/win for everyone!

Tubie

PLEASE HELP

My data transfer to my PS4 Pro says it is going to take 32 hours for 1.3tb
WTF
And based on how long the first 10gb took, I calculate 32.5 hours

Is this for real?
What could I be doing wrong?

idk man, some people here have reported it took them only ~60mins to transfer 300gb+ but for me it's gonna end up taking 7 hours to transfer 350-ish.

Top Bottom