• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 Pro |Launch Thread| PS4 Reloaded

jrcbandit

Not very impressed so far other than the fan isn't as loud and I really appreciate the 3rd USB port. I guess you really need a 4k tv for noticeable improvements. Although Rigs definitely got a nice improvement at least out of the VR titles I tried.

I bought ratchet and mordor off psn....do I have to wait till the full games are downloaded before I am able get the patch?

Will not be able to play until tommorow if that is the case.

guys i need some help.

Got the pro changed the hdd to sshd firecuda before turning it on and used a usb drive to download the update. When i turn on the ps4 pro and it tells me to insert a usb drive with the update and press ok it see the usb and tries to read it but says it cannot intiate and to put a usb drive in with the update. Wtf is going on?

For my TV, the TV goes black and then a status bar comes up that an HDR video is playing.

Do you have any other HDR capable games that you can toggle HDR on? Like TLoU or Deus Ex? I'm not sure if CoD has a toggle but those games do and whenever I switch that toggle on and off, the status bar comes on.

Hmmm I will try and download TLOU. I was sure Infinite Warfare had HDR,but I may be mistaken. Whenever I watch Marco Polo on Netflix it will automatically kick the backlight to 20 and HDR will work

I'm not certain but I'm sure infinite warfare doesn't support HDR.

This may actually be the issue

Not sure if its the same for KS series TVs but I have a KU and I had to go into the settings and set which HDMI port I wanted to use HDR on. Before I did that the PS4 was reporting that my TV didn't support HDR and it didn't turn on at all.

Yeah I enabled it, I think I just mistakenly thought the new CoD had HDR

Have you enabled UHD colour for the HDMI port the PS4 is connected to? Its in the TV settings menu under picture settings, maybe in expert but i can;t remember as im not at the TV.

If not you won;t get any HDR.

Yeah I enabled that feature, gonna try another game and see what happens

Thanks everyone

When yours automatically kicks in and gives you the HDR notification, does your backlight settings should up to 20 automatically?

I get the notification saying HDR, but none of my settings change so I have to manually change the backlight every time. Kind of annoying

I honestly don't remember but I prefer not to have the blacklight all the way up since I play in a dark room lol.

DjRalford

Hmmm I will try and download TLOU. I was sure Infinite Warfare had HDR,but I may be mistaken. Whenever I watch Marco Polo on Netflix it will automatically kick the backlight to 20 and HDR will work

snip.....

That will work if you are on a standard picture mode, but in game mode you need to change the backlight setting manually at the moment.

DBT85

Not very impressed so far other than the fan isn't as loud and I really appreciate the 3rd USB port. I guess you really need a 4k tv for noticeable improvements. Although Rigs definitely got a nice improvement at least out of the VR titles I tried.

Lots of people with 1080 screens are enjoying the improvements.

What's not sitting well with you?

WTH, i cleared around 300GB in about 45 minutes over my network, one PS4 upstairs in the bedroom and the other downstairs in the living room.

Yeah I heard stories about these long times and I was worried. 120 mins roughly to transfer over 560GB. I am wondering if it is because people may not have gigabit routers or something because that was faster than I was lead to believe.

N.Domixis

Banned
Hopefully it sells better than regular ps4 over the long run, would be great for games to be built with pro in mind. Games would probably look even better.

ukas

Is anyone having a problem with the LAN transfer failing. When the systems get ready to transfer the old PS4 shuts down and the Pro can't connect and the transfer fails. Anyone else having this issue?

FHIZ

Do we know what Dishonored 2'a enhancements are? Playing it now. Seems pretty sharp, figuring it's just a higher res. Not getting an HDR signal from it.

DjRalford

10 hours for around 350GB to transfer via LAN...how are some doing that in under an hour?

on a gigbit network, for that amount to take 10 hours you must be running at 100mb wired somewhere, it only takes a single cable, or switch, or router to fuck it up, thats why i wired my network into my house myself so i knew everything was Cat5e 1Gbps

So uh, I started up my Pro earlier and transferred everything and it worked. I had shut it off and now when I started it up my TV is unsupported signal. It seems like it set itself to 4k. How can I fix it?

Hold down power button into safe mode and select a display output for your TV should work.

So uh, I started up my Pro earlier and transferred everything and it worked. I had shut it off and now when I started it up my TV is unsupported signal. It seems like it set itself to 4k. How can I fix it?

tommyguns

I honestly don't remember but I prefer not to have the blacklight all the way up since I play in a dark room lol.

Correct me if I'm wrong but with HDR don't you want the backlight at basically its max?

Also...still not seeing a notable difference with HDR. What is wrong with me

Correct me if I'm wrong but with HDR don't you want the backlight at basically its max?

Also...still not seeing a notable difference with HDR. What is wrong with me

I have a KU6300 so I'm not getting the full benefits of HDR anyway. But I like still like how it looks with HDR on. The differences to me are minimal but noticeable enough to keep it on and blacklight doesn't change it that much for me.

Sanke__

on a gigbit network, for that amount to take 10 hours you must be running at 100mb wired somewhere, it only takes a single cable, or switch, or router to fuck it up, thats why i wired my network into my house myself so i knew everything was Cat5e 1Gbps

Hold down power button into safe mode and select a display output for your TV should work.

Any easy way to figure out where the 100mb problem is and fix it?
Surely a modern ISP router can't be that slow right?
So it must be one of the cables?

AEREC

ah ok...no idea what speed my Linksys WRT54G (flat black version) ethernet ports are but Im pretty sure Im using Cat5e patch cables.

DjRalford

Any easy way to figure out where the 100mb problem is and fix it?
Surely a modern ISP router can't be that slow right?
So it must be one of the cables?

some ISP's have shit routers, it will sometimes say on the ports on the back it that are 10/100 or 10\100\1000

Alternativly just google your router and find out that way

ah ok...no idea what speed my Linksys WRT54G (flat black version) ethernet ports are but Im pretty sure Im using Cat5e patch cables.

Theres a lot of different revisions, but a lot says 10/100

zedge

When yours automatically kicks in and gives you the HDR notification, does your backlight settings should up to 20 automatically?

I get the notification saying HDR, but none of my settings change so I have to manually change the backlight every time. Kind of annoying
Samsing? In game mode this does not work for some reason. It's a bit of a pain but you need to adjust the backlights for HDR. Then turn it back down after.

If game mode is off it works how it's suppose too.

guys i need some help.

Got the pro changed the hdd to sshd firecuda before turning it on and used a usb drive to download the update. When i turn on the ps4 pro and it tells me to insert a usb drive with the update and press ok it see the usb and tries to read it but says it cannot intiate and to put a usb drive in with the update. Wtf is going on?

nvm I'm an idiot. Download the wrong file the update file not the full firmware.

shanafan

Took a Google search to figure how to enable 4K HDR on my Sony X850D, but I got it!

FOEV3VT.png

892GB is almost done. around 4 hours on 1000mbps switch + router. a little longer than i hoped, but i had a lot of chores to do once i got home so it's been going in the background.

i just realized a few minutes ago that i haven't noticed the idling fan noise at all since it's been on. i feel like my launch PS4 is audible even when it's sitting there downloading something with no apps running. so far it's a win.

so yes, the Pro is a little on the heavy side, but i'm really impressed with how much smaller it is in person. glancing at my TV bench it's on, it looks the same size as the OG. points for the back USB as well, so my PSVR box looks a lot more natural next to the console. this is also my first time with the "new" DS4 and although it feels the same in my hands the R2/L2 triggers feel different when i press them- and in a different way than when i buy a replacement controller.

hmm...

Sanke__

some ISP's have shit routers, it will sometimes say on the ports on the back it that are 10/100 or 101001000

Alternativly just google your router and find out that way

Yup my router is shit, any idea how to do it without a router? I've seen it mentioned

DjRalford

Yup my router is shit, any idea how to do it without a router? I've seen it mentioned

i imagine you could connect the consoles to each other directly using a Cat5e and connect each to the router via wifi, that way you should get the gigabit transfer speed.

shanafan

I am keeping my OG PS4 in the man cave, but PS4 Pro is in the living room.

Since I use the same account between the two, game saves syncing and downloading titles should be no problem, right? I hear that since my OG PS4 is my primary, anything I download from the web will go right to that one. But other than that, I think it's working fine. I downloaded Super Meat Boy, and my game save was synced.

Bubba77

I decided not to transfer data. Im just re downloading everything. Im assuming my saves are all in the cloud right? I havent actually touched my ps4 in months so I dont even know that I need much transfered.

Top Bottom