• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Discussion Thread 2 (read OP first)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the Vita version doesn't lead to a lot of people disconnecting when they start losing. Playing UMvC3 on vita is a nightmare because it's is so easy to disconnect from a match and then people have 95 match win streaks and you already know what your in for.

Yeah thats a valid concern for sure, the reason I quit MVC3 on vita

Oh and Servers are down if anybody wanted to know.

Both concepts of the LBP stage look cooler than what we actually got. :(

As for the item, it does kinda look like something that would be from R&C. But as a big fan of the franchise, I can't recall any weapon/gadget that looks like that.

My thoughts exactly. When I saw the concept art I instantly went "THAT LOOKS SO COOL", and I wondered why what we got was way more boxed in and empty. I kept yearning for more open levels, but I don't think we're going to get that now. All we're going to get are more boxes with interactive backgrounds, because they want to avoid the whole ledge/ring out mechanic.

the lbp stage is cross over with the last guardian but they removed it because that game is never coming out

Zing! Too soon.

libregkd

My thoughts exactly. When I saw the concept art I instantly went "THAT LOOKS SO COOL", and I wondered why what we got was way more boxed in and empty. I kept yearning for more open levels, but I don't think we're going to get that now. All we're going to get are more boxes with interactive backgrounds, because they want to avoid the whole ledge/ring out mechanic.
I think its more because they want to encourage people to be fighting eachother and large open levels tends to keep people spread apart from one another. Or if they do want to get in on the action, takes a bit of time to get to the other side of the map.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/09/28/playstation-all-stars-no-more-new-characters

4003264_o.gif

Drago

Meh, I'm okay with no more new (on disc) characters, but it's been said there would be more... well, no more trusting Paul Gale anymore then. :/

Noi

"Launch lineup" pretty much states that there will be DLC characters. I like the game, but I'll be frank, I'm not entirely against waiting until they announce these characters before picking the game up. :/

waiting on Figboy's 50 paragraph thesis on why we should be satisfied with the news.

Loudninja

"Launch lineup" pretty much states that there will be DLC characters. I like the game, but I'll be frank, I'm not entirely against waiting until they announce these characters before picking the game up. :/

waiting on Figboy's 50 paragraph thesis on why we should be satisfied with the news.
Oh please.

Dont try and attack Figboy for no reason.

Drago

I don't have a problem with DLC, as long as it isn't being made now and could be put on the disc if they wanted to put it there.

If that does happen to be the case...
LLShC.gif

DigitalOp

Banned
Well that's seriously disappointing. Why couldn't they have mentioned that earlier? :/

Because it's seriously dissapointing? lol

Well... the cats out the bag... Im okay with it personally, It is a bummer though.

From the beginning, I would say the PR for this game has been a trainwreck... Could have been alot better SuperBot... You know it could have...

I do want to see who the DLC characters are though

The Prophet games are dead. Take the game for what it is.... Not what it could be

Tagg9

No effin' way. :( I thought they made comments awhile back saying the leaked roster "didn't represent the final roster" or something?

Loudninja

I don't have a problem with DLC, as long as it isn't being made now and could be put on the disc if they wanted to put it there.

LLShC.gif
I dont think its as simper as just adding a character.

They have to do voicework,give them a story and a rival as well.

I friggin called it when Gale went ''who cares if its on disc or not'' :3 Tho I really was hoping for 22.

Well at least we can move on to other things now. I still think they should have told us this at PAX.

What a fucking joke. Seriously? REALLY? So, if we ever get the third party Playstation icons we deserve, they'll be after the fact. Sigh. Any hype I had left is gone. This is IF we even get worthwhile DLC.

Seriously, just a giant disappointment. I had a feeling they haven't been showing off anything because there is nothing left. I'm going to expect absolutely nothing because it's never going to live up to our expectations, it's just going to disappoint. Just wow, I might even consider not getting this for awhile, to see how the DLC goes. I'm not even joking, this is just demoralizing.

SSReborn

LLShC.gif

Well if its being made right now that doesn't necessarily mean it would've been ready for when the game shipped. If it was already completed however then I would understand what you mean. That would also be really dumb on their part seeing as 1 or 2 DLC characters can actually help to sell the game itself

...I wonder what the PS Forums is like right now lol

ZeroAKA

Has Superbot confirmed the 20-character roster yet? It's probably unlikely, but I really hope this is result of miscommunication. :/

Noi

The Prophet games are dead. Take the game for what it is.... Not what it could be

I am, at least. That's why I'm now deliberating if the game is worth $60 of my already incredibly tight budget.

Oh please.

Dont try and attack Figboy for no reason.

Chill, poking fun at someone's writing style isn't a personal attack.

LLShC.gif

The ultimate low blow.

Drago

Well if its being made right now that doesn't necessarily mean it would've been ready for when the game shipped. If it was already completed however then I would understand what you mean. That would also be really dumb on their part seeing as 1 or 2 DLC characters can actually help to sell the game itself

As long as it is finished after the games completion and release, I'm ok with that :)

Takao

Banned
Evil Cole has ruffled my jimmies. That bland ass is the only franchise to get two roster reps, and inFamous of all IPs is one of the least deserving.

Loudninja

I would not go there lol.

I'm excited and disappointed. When it was first announced I thought this was going to be a Day One purchase, but honestly? With the starting roster and the fact that we're probably going to get DLC characters, I think I'm going to wait for the "Complete Edition" that will almost assuredly come next year.

Noi

Evil Cole has ruffled my jimmies. That bland ass is the only franchise to get two roster reps, and inFamous of all IPs is one of the least deserving.

Honestly, the message I'm getting right now is that Evil Cole and Dino are more important to celebrating the history of PlayStation than icons of the past (whether they could get the rights to them or not) or giving their brand new IPs some much needed promotion. It's kind of frustrating.

I love Cole and inFAMOUS, but he does NOT deserve two spots. They could've used that for someone who deserves it, even completely feasible additions like Kat. This is just.. insanely stupid, and yeah if Shuman is saying that, he went through the proper channels to get the OK before breaking the news. I just can't get over this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom