• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Discussion Thread 2 (read OP first)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusky

Disappointing, I was hoping they would all surprise us and throw in Crash or something, oh well.

So those this mean the "news on PS1 characters" that Seth mentioned will pretty much be DLC? Great...

Well, that's some crushing disappointment right there. Paul Gale trolled us to the end. Hah.

Yeah, definitely not getting this at launch now... not with that roster. It's okay, but not great. Definitely not worth $60, especially not a couple days after the Wii U's launch and its associated costs. I'll pick it up later if/when the really big characters that everyone wants are added via DLC.

Well, it's been fun guys!

Noi

Well, that's some crushing disappointment right there. Paul Gale trolled us to the end. Hah.

Yeah, definitely not getting this at launch now... not with that roster. It's okay, but not great. Definitely not worth $60, especially not a couple days after the Wii U's launch and its associated costs. I'll pick it up later if/when the really big characters that everyone wants are added via DLC.

Ak7C6.gif

So why do you guys think this was delayed? SCE feels the game is bad?

Who knows. I dunno what build they had in house at the time but maybe they wanted to make sure SB had enough time to polish. Game certainly is starting to look nearly finished with the latest build but maybe they didn't have that at the time.

Yeah it's a huge, hope-eroding disappointment. I'm seriously considering cancelling my preorder and I've been following, touting, promoting and waiting for this game since the first leak via Paul Gale. Now it looks like he's had the last laugh.

This is just....idk.

This will be a catastrophe if true. Right now there were was hardly any hype for this game because a lot of people were waiting on a HUGE announcement like Crash and/ or Snake and Cloud.

Now these characters aren't even going to be in this probably?? No matter what ANYONE here says, the general public will not see the good in the game but instead focus on the roster or the lack thereof. We can argue all day about how popular Sackboy and Drake are but at the end of the day this game without those HUGE iconic PS1 characters will be the main reason people not give this game a try. I've seen MANY posts by other people on other forums who say things like "I'll look at this if Crash is in or Cloud..."

I hope I'm proven wrong or these characters are added to the game through free day 1 DLC or something. I'm still getting this game day 1 but right now I don't have much hype for it.

If all this turns out to be true come Nov.20 then I will say that Sony should've NEVER wasted their time creating this game if they know that the MAIN characters that put PS1 on the map weren't going to make it. It's like do these guys play or follow their own systems??? How could you think of making a Playstation mascot brawler and not have the characters who you know everyone and their momma knows??

Should we start calling Superbot office to show our anger over this outrage? No doubt OffiForums has started that again.

I demand access to new beta to compensate this most heinous of acts.

And right on cue I was proven right lolol.

Im still excited and if me avoiding this thread and the GAF cynicism that surrounds a bunch of games is what it takes for me to keep my excitement - adios.

M.D

So why do you guys think this was delayed? SCE feels the game is bad?

Weren't there like 3 threads of GAF playing the beta and saying how great the game is?

I'm following this (without commenting much, mainly because I didn't get into any of the beta tests) and I have to say this is quite disappointing. I mean, it won't affect my decision as far as buying the game at some point, but it feels like its seriously lacking. Why can't Ezio be in this game? I'm not talking about Crash or Spyro. It's a character from this generation from a franchise Sony is trying to associate with PS3. Wasn't he in Soul Calibur 5? You want to tell me Namco can get a deal from Ubisoft, but Sony can't? If you go as far as setting up a new studio to build this as a franchise, why not give them the full backing so they can get these characters?

Weren't there like 3 threads of GAF playing the beta and saying how great the game is?

I'm following this (without commenting much, mainly because I didn't get into any of the beta tests) and I have to say this is quite disappointing. I mean, it won't affect my decision as far as buying the game at some point, but it feels like its seriously lacking. Why can't Ezio be in this game? I'm not talking about Crash or Spyro. It's a character from this generation from a franchise Sony is trying to associate with PS3. Wasn't he in Soul Calibur 5? You want to tell me Namco can get a deal from Ubisoft, but Sony can't? If you go as far as setting up a new studio to build this as a franchise, why not give them the full backing so they can get these characters?
Don't forget the AssCreed crossovers in MGS4, Peace Walker and I think even FFXIII-2 lol.

Well at least Omar said that if Crash was in the game, he wouldn't be DLC ....

oh wait. :|

Confirmation Crash will NEVER be in the game, I guess.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I dont think its as simper as just adding a character.

They have to do voicework,give them a story and a rival as well.

Wait, you mean there's more to a character then just giving him a model and some animations? When Evil Cole was announced I thought the arguement was that he was basically a free slot choice because they didn't have to do any extra work.

I mean, after their last character reveal, they could have said 'okay guys, that's it, no more new characters'. And that would have been less disappointing. But the silence gave the opportunity for speculation to grow. And from the speculation, there became expectation.

They haven't handled this well at all.

I am still going to get it, but only because of the CrossBuy feature.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Ooohohohohooo

Whos got insider info? THIS GUY!!

I hope you realize the main reason we doubted you is because we just didn't want it to be real.

But now that this news is out of the way, I can't wait for the Kat DLC you promised us.

Well we still don't know everything about this game so I'll just wait and see. We don't know EXACTLY what's going on. Until Omar or Seth says "BRO THERE IS ONLY 20 CHARACTERS AND 3 MODES IN THE GAME BRO!" then I'm not buying it.

Boss Man

I don't think a (mediocre/bad) 20 character roster is going to do it for me at $60, sorry guys. :/

Maybe if they announce that there will be some free DLC characters. It's just really hard to justify the roster for several reasons.

They've done a very poor job communicating info about this game. There should have been steady releases about modes, in-depth character looks, stages, story, sound, music, whatever. I hope it still does well enough to get a sequel so that maybe we'll get the game that we all expected.

SykoTech

shakes_no.gif

Not too surprising after the lack of TGS reveals, but still very disappointing. What genius thought it was a good idea to reveal all the initial characters almost 3 months before the game launches, and then leave the fanbase in the dark about it until now?

Not to mention Crash is completely off the table now.

Talk about a buzzkill. I hope they pull a Harada and make the rest of the characters free DLC.

M.D

Don't forget the AssCreed crossovers in MGS4, Peace Walker and I think even FFXIII-2 lol.

Right. It feels lazy.
There's no way Ubisoft was like "You know what? Nah. We don't want to promote our biggest franchise on the back of another game for free"

The fact Raiden and (new) Dante are in also makes me think publishers are the one who were getting to SuperBot to include their characters (for promotions purposes) instead of the other way around.

Loudninja

rk668y.jpg

Not too surprising after the lack of TGS reveals, but still very disappointing. What genius thought it was a good idea to reveal all the initial characters almost 3 months before the game launches, and then leave the fanbase in the dark about it?

Not to mention Crash is completely off the table now.

Talk about a buzzkill. I hope they pull a Harada and make the rest of the characters free DLC.
All the characters were already leaked so why would that matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom