• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Discussion Thread 2 (read OP first)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drencrom

shink

2 things...

1st The problem is why does it look so different in videos than it does in person? Even off screen footage looks better than direct feed. It looks like awesome in person especially the latest builds.

2nd Gameplay and 60 FPS should be the focus, and I am glad they are sticking to that.
It's really strange that all the direct feed videos don't do the graphics justice as it's such an improvement when you're actually seeing it in person. I personally don't have an issue with the graphics now that I've gotten my hands on it.

Lol the comment section is funny. People will not be happy til they reveal more characters. And that's why if they only have 2-4 left to reveal they should wait till like 2 weeks from release to reveal the last ones. Doing it now will only whet the appetite of people and they will expect even more.

It truly feels like they are being asked to resell the game to people that already said they want/will buy the game.

cyborg009

Banned
Damn this look so cool

Weird they removed a few images...

8031351713_680160a464_o.jpg

SmithnCo

Hm... I wonder what exactly is that underwater level? I don't remember stuff like that from Uncharted or LBP. I thought Aquanaut's Holiday but that would be a rather obscure concept.

libregkd

Sure it's Uncharted? I actually got a certain Rayman Origins feeling looking at that background, lol.

When comparing them the are some similiarities but I guess they're just here because I want to see them, Legends is Wii U exclusive so putting Rayman in here would make zero sense
Yeah pretty sure it was the jungle from the original Uncahrted

SmithnCo

Looking at it now, I guess it isn't necessarily underwater, though the coloring makes it kinda look like it. So it could be Uncharted... but I still can't place the pipe things that look like they have plants in them, or those weird steps near the top.

The LBP stage part looks cool though maybe a little big.

THIS is a good level.

stage hazard and different floors for people to fight spread in different areas.

this wouldve been the hyrule temple level for all stars for me

Exactly, look at all the neato little sections and the stage dynamics: jump pad, wall bounce pad, fire. Such an interesting level, shame that so many of them don't seem to compare to this concept. Wonder why they didn't go through with it? Maybe too much, seems more fitting for Title Fight maybe?

Yeah, it may be too big, but it definitely looked diverse. Even the current one they have now in the video with the King section looks ace. Very LBP friendly, I wish they added more of that for the beta level where it's just a bridge and a teeter. I love the clouds acting as platforms.

SykoTech

Both concepts of the LBP stage look cooler than what we actually got. :(

As for the item, it does kinda look like something that would be from R&C. But as a big fan of the franchise, I can't recall any weapon/gadget that looks like that.

Kurod

Banned
Can't tell what game that is mashed up with LBP in the concept art but it isn't Uncharted. Looks like there are giant hydroponic tanks and I don't remember that in any Uncharted game.

Both concepts of the LBP stage look cooler than what we actually got. :(

As for the item, it does kinda look like something that would be from R&C. But as a big fan of the franchise, I can't recall any weapon/gadget that looks like that.

I love how green it is, I'd really love a nature-themed level real bad. Whatever that mash up is, it is well done and a shame it didn't happen.

Is it maybe Ni No Kuni?

And that item is definitely not from R&C. Would have been awesome as hell if Mr. Zurkon was a pick up

Boss Man

I love how green it is, I'd really love a nature-themed level real bad. Whatever that mash up is, it is well done and a shame it didn't happen.

Is it maybe Ni No Kuni?

And that item is definitely not from R&C. Would have been awesome as hell if Mr. Zurkon was a pick up
I wanna say that I've seen Mr. Zurkon in PSAS hovering around Ratchet. It might be a move or something. He is indeed awesome.

Can't tell what game that is mashed up with LBP in the concept art but it isn't Uncharted. Looks like there are giant hydroponic tanks and I don't remember that in any Uncharted game.

Portal 2xLBP stage confirmed.

I wanna say that I've seen Mr. Zurkon in PSAS hovering around Ratchet. He is indeed awesome.
Yeah Zurkon is part of his moveset.

SmithnCo

Exactly, look at all the neato little sections and the stage dynamics: jump pad, wall bounce pad, fire. Such an interesting level, shame that so many of them don't seem to compare to this concept. Wonder why they didn't go through with it? Maybe too much, seems more fitting for Title Fight maybe?

Yeah, it may be too big, but it definitely looked diverse. Even the current one they have now in the video with the King section looks ace. Very LBP friendly, I wish they added more of that for the beta level where it's just a bridge and a teeter. I love the clouds acting as platforms.

I guess it had too much stuff going on/it was hard to get kills. It looks like it's more suited to long-range and hiding out at the top/running around playing keepaway.

SykoTech

Is it maybe Ni No Kuni?

Zurkon would have made for a cool weapon, but I think he's already a part of Ratchet's moveset.

Hopefully the Groovitron is a item. Still disappointed that it wasn't Ratchet's Level 3.

I wanna say that I've seen Mr. Zurkon in PSAS hovering around Ratchet. It might be a move or something. He is indeed awesome.

I heard that-- any particular video? I'd love him as a pickup only because I feel he could me more prominent and significant to have him blasting enemies away while I boombox with PaRappa. On top of that, everyone should have access to Mr. Zurkon!

Hopefully the Groovitron is a item. Still disappointed that it wasn't Ratchet's Level 3.

This singlehandedly got me off wanting to main Ratchet, and got me on board Team Dan

I guess it had too much stuff going on/it was hard to get kills. It looks like it's more suited to long-range and hiding out at the top/running around playing keepaway.

Definitely, seems like something from the Title Fight days. Regardless, the design and art is fantastic and much more LBP than what we have now IMO.

I actually thought the LBP stage would generate randomly from a few preset rules, but it seems the LBP level in the beta is the final version. I miss that level so much :(

Just looks like Eve's Asylum from LBP to me

Thought so! Though I dont remember Eve's Asylum much at all

Boss Man

I heard that-- any particular video? I'd love him as a pickup only because I feel he could me more prominent and significant to have him blasting enemies away while I boombox with PaRappa. On top of that, everyone should have access to Mr. Zurkon!
I think it was in one of the first videos with the rising inFamous stage. I noticed it because of the three rings he has under him while he's hovering. I'm pretty sure it was just a normal move that Ratchet used.

Edit:
http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/08/14/playstation-all-stars-battle-royale-introducing-aldens-tower-from-infamous

He shows up a couple of times towards the beginning of the fight. Even got his awesome audio in there it seems.

I think it was in one of the first videos with the rising inFamous stage. I noticed it because of the three rings he has under him while he's hovering. I'm pretty sure it was just a normal move that Ratchet used.

Edit:
http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/08/14/playstation-all-stars-battle-royale-introducing-aldens-tower-from-infamous

He shows up a couple of times towards the beginning of the fight. Even got his awesome audio in there it seems.

Mr. Zurkon is one of ratchets moves. I used it myself.

Almost indistinguishable....not even joking.

Yeah you tell no lies. All the times that I have been playing this new beta have been on Vita. And I always consistently come either first or second. Controls nice, looks great, supers are a little touchy at first.

Taunting is something that eluded me for the longest though randomly found out - put two fingers in the middle and swipe towards the outer edges. Taunt.

I hope the Vita version doesn't lead to a lot of people disconnecting when they start losing. Playing UMvC3 on vita is a nightmare because it's is so easy to disconnect from a match and then people have 95 match win streaks and you already know what your in for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom