• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Mush

I've been out of the loop since the public beta dropped but I'm still down to give this a go.

I know this is rather lazy of me but can someone link me to the post/article/whatever that says that Team ICO didn't want their characters in the game?

J-Tier

There's one other gentlemanly canine in these parts, though I'm not sure he's entering the tourney or is alone.

Best-case scenario is if it's cool for me to just team up with my bro.

We can be "The Brothers Jim" or "The Jentlefriends" or something else.

There's one other gentlemanly canine in these parts, though I'm not sure he's entering the tourney or is alone.

Best-case scenario is if it's cool for me to just team up with my bro.

We can be "The Brothers Jim" or "The Jentlefriends" or something else.
Sure it is. It's just a casual tourney after all ;3.

Ofc I'm personally up for some money matches. Shit is so hype!

DigitalOp

Banned
2 vs 2 Teams
Time-is-Obsolete - Man is Obsolete and TimeEffect
ScraftyDesmond - Desmond and ScraftyDevil
Mink 'n' Stein - TheMink and ????
BaHeathMut - Bahamut_24 and IntelliHeath (IntelliHeath)

Looking for Partner
Acquiescence (?)
SmithnCo (smithnco)
AnkiRendan (AnkiRendan)
SSReborn (Klipz-Wish)
Chamber (?)
DigitalOp (DigitalOp)

Seems my request to join the tourney was glanced over last page, oh well

I'm playing for keeps, ill be anyones partner

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Broke down and pre-ordered on PlayStation Store. Cancelled my Amazon pre-order. I just can't wait until after work on Tuesday, so I'm going to download it overnight at Midnight, then it'll be ready before I go to work on Tuesday morning, and I can play it on the bus ride to work.

You win this digital round, Sony! It will be my second retail game I'm purchasing digital from them. AC3: Lib was the first.

RazOmari

I'll partner with Chamber if he's down. Us slightly above average players gotta stick together. I bring years of Marvel experience
which I'm sure will do me no good here.

krpiper

My download speed is really slow at home, how large is the PS3 file?

I wish it would be like Steam and have pre loading

SmithnCo

Broke down and pre-ordered on PlayStation Store. Cancelled my Amazon pre-order. I just can't wait until after work on Tuesday, so I'm going to download it overnight at Midnight, then it'll be ready before I go to work on Tuesday morning, and I can play it on the bus ride to work.

You win this digital round, Sony! It will be my second retail game I'm purchasing digital from them. AC3: Lib was the first.

I'm going digital too, the ability to put it on two PS3s, get the preorder bonus and theme, and be able to get it right at midnight is quite a good incentive to buy from the PSN store. I hope Sony continues to push day-1 digital like this.

J-Tier

I'm going digital too, the ability to put it on two PS3s, get the preorder bonus and theme, and be able to get it right at midnight is quite a good incentive to buy from the PSN store. I hope Sony continues to push day-1 digital like this.

Damn. I might go day-1 digital too now. I can cancel my Amazon which won't necessarily make it on day one...

SykoTech

Great OT. All 4 One Ratchet model is a small stain on it though.

Will picking it up Day 1 or as soon as possible thanks to the simultaneous confirmation of free DLC and Kat. Best combo ever.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

You're also better prepared to play this on PS4, if for some reason the disks aren't backward compatible.

Clockw0rk

Any details about said tournament? :D

By the way, the top 5 PSN PASBR beta players are (in order):

XxSPADEZxX
PerfectCell21
orpheus_telos61
Deadpoolite
NeithZanar

I personally sent them messages on PSN (name: Strider_Doom) to reward them with a SuperBot gift, but only one responded! If you know any of these beta monsters, tell them to check their PSN messages to claim their prize.

Also, a few weeks ago we had an event where I played the beta online and recorded the matches of me losing for our YouTube page. Unfortunately, there was a technical glitch and that footage was unusable. My record that night was 10-2 FFA and doubles was 6-0 (I had Ed and Maj on my team!). The two players that beat me were kupomogli, who had a really impressive PaRappa, and xTatsumaki, who won with Kratos. We'll be doing these more in the future, and we've already made sure that glitch won't happen again. Sorry about that.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
2 vs 2 Teams
Mink 'n' Stein - TheMink and JStein
SmithnCow - SmithnCo (smithnco) and KevinCow
The Jentlefriends - Jtir123 and J's brother
- AnkiRendan (AnkiRendan) and SSReborn (Klipz-Wish)

Looking for Partner
Acquiescence (?)
Chamber (?)
Lord Phol (LordPhol)
Baekshi (?)
giancarlo123x
DigitalOp

Anki and Reborn, please come up with team name.

rdrr gnr

Great OP, OP.

I think I'll wait for a deal or split this cost digitally with a friend. Either way, I think the beta was fun enough to warrant checking it out further. Waiting for review scores as well.

Kouichi

Sent Mik_Pad a message to see if he wants to partner up. If you read this Mik, check your messages!

I finished pre-ordering this digitally and I am so hyped right now.

No, but don't worry. There will be. Even if people don't want there to be, there still will be.

The existence of tiers isn't really something you can control. Some characters will end up clearly being better than others. What's weird is that there's going to be at least 3 lists, for 1v1, 2v2 and FFA.

Tagg9

Is it alright if I partner with my sister locally for the 2vs2 tourney? My PSN ID is Tagg7, hers is SlyHobbes.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
The existence of tiers isn't really something you can control. Some characters will end up clearly being better than others. What's weird is that there's going to be at least 3 lists, for 1v1, 2v2 and FFA.

Is each character playstyle that different for each mode? I only played FFA in the Vita Beta.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I pm'd Acquiescence to see if he wants to form some sort of unholy union with me, but in case he doesn't i'm up for grabs. You don't have to be the best but I hope you're at least planning on being compeditive.

Of course its hard to say what that really means since the game isn't even out yet, but hopefully you know what i mean.

Edit: oh and I kindof hope to team with a regular here, assuming i haven't made too many enemies yet.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
2 vs 2 Teams
Mink 'n' Stein - TheMink and JStein
SmithnCow - SmithnCo (smithnco) and KevinCow
The Jentlefriends - Jtir123 and J's brother
- AnkiRendan (AnkiRendan) and SSReborn (Klipz-Wish)
Tagg Your Sis - Tagg9 (Tagg7) and Tagg9's sister (SlyHobbes)

Looking for Partner
Acquiescence (?)
Gunstarheroes
Chamber (?)
Lord Phol (LordPhol)
Baekshi (?)
giancarlo123x
DigitalOp

Tagg9 - come up with your team name and I will fill it out. I just gave you temporary team name for lolz.

Top Bottom