• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Experience 2016 Coming to Anaheim on December 3-4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tickets purchased here's hoping we get ace combat 7 VR, Yakuza 6 localization, and surprise Phantasy Star announcement(I can still dream).

mishakoz

Bought my ticket for both days. I happen to be in palm springs that weekend already so Ill be swinging by at the very least on sunday and then leaving via John Wayne

Bonus is that im there on work so company is footing the bill for the flight, car and the hotel!

What's your criteria/define cheap? I booked the Doubletree Anaheim Convention Center last night on Booking.com via Hipmunk for $109/night, which to me seemed like a great price for a 3.5 star hotel 10 minutes walking distance from the convention center.

Tried booking there, couldn't find any price online lower than $169/night. Booked at Springhill Suites at Marriott. Five minute walk from Convention Center and there's a CVS right below it too. Think I'm good.

In terms of new announcements? If so, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.
Its where FF VII Remake is most likely to show up.
There was the original troll announcement, which was integral to the impact of the E3 announcement.
Then, the glorious and unexpected gameplay reveal. With Kitase and Nomura present at the stage.

Not first party, but good enough for any press conference.

wapplew

One can hope, I think PSX should be about first party and exclusives. Closing with Paragon last year was terrible.

Can't remeber last time Sony have a good show closer. Maybe Uncharted 4 car chase...
Days gone, Paragon, Drawn to death, Twisted Metal...kinda all weak.

I swear to god, if they don't end on something better than Drawn to Death or Paragon this year...

It's like Sony has forgotten how to put a full stop on a conference with a worthwhile announcement.

krae_man

I swear to god, if they don't end on something better than Drawn to Death or Paragon this year...

It's like Sony has forgotten how to put a full stop on a conference with a worthwhile announcement.

"And now, lets take one final look at Playstationland"

*Fireworks*

Speculation is that Sony wanted to end with the Kojima announcement last year, but Konami put a stop to it.

Okay, so if I CAN make it I'll definitely bring NeoGAF badges. This may include some tweaks to the design, or even a completely new one...

However, even if for whatever reason I can't, I am thinking about making them regardless and just send them with a GAF member from here in Silicon Valley or mailing them down.

How do you all feel about that?

krae_man

Sony updated the blog post with a "Discount" hotel link.

http://arestravel.com/9078_hotel-list.html

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/09/27/playstation-experience-2016-hits-anaheim-ca-this-december

I looked at 4 random hotels on the site and the rates were identical to Orbitz/hotels.com every time.

On top of that, the arestravel site had an additional service fee that Orbitz/hotels.com didn't have so they were actually more expensive.

So don't use it, especially if you use one of the other sites regularly, since you'll be giving up your orbitz bucks or whatever as well.

h0mebas3

Okay, so if I CAN make it I'll definitely bring NeoGAF badges. This may include some tweaks to the design, or even a completely new one...

However, even if for whatever reason I can't, I am thinking about making them regardless and just send them with a GAF member from here in Silicon Valley or mailing them down.

That would be fantasic! Thank you so much for your efforts.

farisr

"And now, lets take one final look at Playstationland"

*Fireworks*
You just gave me an idea of a great ender.

I'd like to leave you with one more thing. It's always been out goal here at Playstation to help members of the Playstation community connect and share their social experiences in more ways than one, whether it be from sharing a screenshot or video directly to facebook, to joining someone on the virtual couch via share play. And out of our commitment to that, we thought that the best way to build upon this was to bring back and reimagine a fan favorite social experience. Coming to all PS4s including full PSVR support, this is Playstation Home.

Trailer showing various features of PS Home. Trailer ends at the virtual theater with the character looking at the screen which shows release date (maybe an available now type thing).

Some people start clapping like it's done, some people on gaf are really happy cause they wanted this badly, and some people consider this the Nintendoland of Sony

But then... the screen gets slashed in half with a familiar voice going "It's not over yet!"

DMC5

never happening, but dreams are nice to have sometimes

I don't know if Sony is going to announce at PSX a revision of the PS4 Pro with an UHD Bluray reader (or even more a more powerful one for next year) like how they did revisions for the regular PS4.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I don't know if Sony is going to announce at PSX a revision of the PS4 Pro with an UHD Bluray reader (or even more a more powerful one for next year) like how they did revisions for the regular PS4.

Well that would be hard, considering those things are probably not going to happen period.

Your posing the question that they would announce a stronger Pro than the one they have now, let alone only a month after this one's launch?

Well that would be hard, considering those things are probably not going to happen period.

Your posing the question that they would announce a stronger Pro than the one they have now, let alone only a month after this one's launch?

Well I don't expect a stronger one just a month after the release of the PS4 Pro. Maybe later, but at least a PS4 Pro with an UHD Bluray Reader for next year.

Well I don't expect a stronger one just a month after the release of the PS4 Pro. Maybe later, but at least a PS4 Pro with an UHD Bluray Reader for next year.

And why would they announce it at PSX?

The only world they'd do that is if they get obliterated by XB1S because UHD turns out to be a desired feature set that pushes buyers to that over Pro.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

Which would essentially eliminate the point of people buying one with lesser features now? I don't think UHD BR is such a huge priority for them at this point to include just because MS have it

Elios83

Announce a better console a month after the launch of the previous model? :D
That is just suicidal LOL.
A PS4 Pro revision with a UHD drive might happen at the end of next year in time to compete with Scorpio only IF the UHD drive proves to be a strong selling point in the upcoming months and in the first half of 2017.
And given all the sales trends for both streaming and packaged movies and the poor support that overall the format has atm, that is very unlikely to happen.
Sony has moved on, if Microsoft only knew/forecasted about the Pro not having the UHD drive they wouldn't have bothered with it as well.

kdoll08

I bought my tickets and booked my hotel today. Super excited as this is my first time for the show. Hopefully Hot Shots Golf will be there like last year. Also anyone looking for cheaper hotel rates that has Verizon should check out the Verizon rewards section. I booked the Clarion Hotel within walking distance of the convention center for about $35 cheaper than what I was finding on Priceline and the other sites.

One can hope, I think PSX should be about first party and exclusives. Closing with Paragon last year was terrible.
They've had this show for two years now. The third party announcements always outdo the first party stuff.

Its where FF VII Remake is most likely to show up.
There was the original troll announcement, which was integral to the impact of the E3 announcement.
Then, the glorious and unexpected gameplay reveal. With Kitase and Nomura present at the stage.

Not first party, but good enough for any press conference.
Right, it can suffice as one of the "big" showings but as you noted, it isn't first party. :p

I just want people to temper expectations. This isn't a first party party nor is it a megaton marathon. Shu blatantly said as much but I know people are going to complain after the event regardless.

"After that terrible Pro and TGS event, they followup with this garbage. Where were all the AAA announcements? Where were the megatons?"

If it were up to me, I'd put Shu's quote front and center in the PSX OT lol.

Crash Remake gameplay will be at PSX

They highlighted Skylanders at E3 and it'll be out by then. Time for hype, friends.

I'd really like to go this year but I doubt anyone else will want to go with. Considered going alone last year but ehhh

krae_man

Do it! I'll help pay for them again too.

Begaria

They should've swapped Paragon and Ni no Kuni 2 around last year.

finalflame

I'll gladly volunteer to get them from the Bay Area down to the conference, but I'd rather you just go this year instead :D JUST DO IT.

Wife used her rewards points on Southwest since she travels for her job, and both of our tickets from Chicago ended being 22 dollars total!

Still figuring out which Hyatt to stay at.

Looking forward to meeting new people and veterans from last year, everyone was awesome!

AmuroChan

Gold Member

Should be, but it's not and it won't be. You're going to get indies, VR games, Japanese games, and demos of games we already know about. New reveals from 1st party are going to be reserved for E3 because that's the show that mainstream media covers. PSX is more about PlayStation fans hanging out for two days, playing demos, attending panels, meeting PlayStation devs, etc.

I do agree that ending on Paragon last year was weak. Should've ended on Ni no Kuni 2 or FFVII.

I would say don't count on it...as much noise as GAF is making about it, I seriously doubt we are big enough to be considered the minority of the user base.

People are streaming content

Enough that Sony thinks it's ok to have a standard blu-ray drive. Why would another revision come or even be talked about this soon to support what 1-3% of the user base? Makes no sense man. Just get an X1 if it's that important to u.

SOLDIER

With Street Fighter V getting featured in the event, do you think we'll finally learn the truth behind this?

01_squarecapcom01.jpg.pagespeed.ce.wAJmhEqkb2.jpg

It has been a dream scenario of mine for a while that this year's PE shows a new FFVII Remake trailer to introduce a certain character, then follow up by having her revealed as a guest character for SFV season 2....

Cloud7

With Street Fighter V getting featured in the event, do you think we'll finally learn the truth behind this?

01_squarecapcom01.jpg.pagespeed.ce.wAJmhEqkb2.jpg

It has been a dream scenario of mine for a while that this year's PE shows a new FFVII Remake trailer to introduce a certain character, then follow up by having her revealed as a guest character for SFV season 2....

The funny thing about that is that I've actually daydreamed about that exact scenario. Cloud in Smash and Tifa in Street Fighter. It makes so much sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom