• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Experience 2016 Coming to Anaheim on December 3-4

Status
Not open for further replies.
IOwx3yu.gif

I don't really know what new game I would even want announced at the conference part. All I wish for is first look at Crash Remastered, especially if it's still planned for next year, Ni No Kuni 2 since it's been a year we saw it last so you'd hope there is something and Kingdom Hearts 3 with them promising new info this winter (unless it's Jump Festa).

I hope they don't let Kojima loose on the stage again until he actually has something to show.

I do wonder how big VV is since they are working on Skylanders, Crash AND apparently Destiny 2.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

That's int he skylanders engine right? If possible, i'd like for them to actively run away from that style as far as possible and make it a much more clean style.

I don't want crash to emulate the goofy, 'chunky' style of crash bandicoot we've seen since Naughty Dog stopped developing.

I don't really know what new game I would even want announced at the conference part. All I wish for is first look at Crash Remastered, especially if it's still planned for next year, Ni No Kuni 2 since it's been a year we saw it last so you'd hope there is something and Kingdom Hearts 3 with them promising new info this winter (unless it's Jump Festa).

I hope they don't let Kojima loose on the stage again until he actually has something to show.
Omg so much this.

Anyway they could just show off already announced stuff and I'd be satisfied
Uncharted 4 dlc
Wild
Dreams
God of war(iffy)
Spiderman(iffy)
Matterfall(housemarque plz I wanna see gameplay)
Crash remaster
Ni Ni kuni2
Ace combat 7
Kh 3
Ffvii remake

Than some vr game announcements
Dw9
Some indies
Maybe one more AAA or something and that's solid
Edit: and announce yakuza 6..plz

^
Yup.
Maybe some new VR game announcements too, like AC7 got.

They should've swapped Paragon and Ni no Kuni 2 around last year.

Yup. They probably didn't because the masses probably saw Paragon (Epic Games) as the stronger closer but for us Ni no Kuni 2 was the real deal.

SNURB

That's int he skylanders engine right? If possible, i'd like for them to actively run away from that style as far as possible and make it a much more clean style.

I don't want crash to emulate the goofy, 'chunky' style of crash bandicoot we've seen since Naughty Dog stopped developing.

You DO realize that the character himself is essentially a goofy screwball cartoon character right? This personality fits him to a T.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
You DO realize that the character himself is essentially a goofy screwball cartoon character right? This personality fits him to a T.

I don't want it to be stupid like the games outside of ND, i just want him to be a silly character who does dances and is carefree and mischievous, like hog wild of crash 1 or the polar bears of crash 2, not a mentally deficient character that is unrecognizable.

These are supposed to be direct remakes of the first 3 games, they have to be super faithful. I hope they are just redoing the graphics but keeping the level designs and jumping physics of the originals the same, remaking the music tracks and such

SNURB

I don't want it to be stupid like the games outside of ND, i just want him to be a silly character who does dances and is carefree and mischievous, like hog wild of crash 1 or the polar bears of crash 2, not a mentally deficient character that is unrecognizable.

But Crash was always considered dumb and it's evident in Crash 2 when he's blissfully unaware of Cortex's true intentions with the crystals and what I bolded is what we're seeing in Skylanders.

krae_man

Update:

Early Birds are Sold out.

Regular price 2 day isn't even an option.

Guess Sony isn't paying proper attention to their sales reports :lol

If you want more then a 1 day, you'll have to wait for them to add the $75 2-day or increase the capacity of the early bird I guess.

krae_man

Sony added more $60 2-day inventory. Deadline for the Early bird is this Sunday so decide soon if you want to get in on that.

alemmon

Me and 5 of my friends are coming. We are splitting a hotel room and are doing Disneyland on Friday. 3rd year in a row and we are pumped!

Plane tickets were pretty cheap through JetBlue and flying in to Long Beach.

joeblow

Sony added more $60 2-day inventory. Deadline for the Early bird is this Sunday so decide soon if you want to get in on that.
I can verify that if you only paid for one day a few weeks back when this was first offered, the restock allows you to add on the second day at the discounted rate for now if you log in and click 'upgrade'.

Tripon

Me and 5 of my friends are coming. We are splitting a hotel room and are doing Disneyland on Friday. 3rd year in a row and we are pumped!

Plane tickets were pretty cheap through JetBlue and flying in to Long Beach.
Long Beach is 30-45 minutes away from Anaheim.

Yep it's still active.

There's a few posts from back on Sept 27th when the tickets went on sale but noting else so far.
Wow, I totally forgot about that app. Wild people have been using it so far in advance. I suppose what better time than now to reinstall it. :p

I went for Air BnB as my "hotel." I've never utilized it, so it's going to be my first time. I saved a *lot* of money! With airfare being so low, and Air BnB, this trip was a no-brained.

I do wish it was somewhere other than Anaheim, though. The prior years' PSXs were all somewhere I've never been, but I went to Anaheim for Blizzcon twice in years' past.

Having said that, I'm looking forward to hanging with my fellow GAFfers again!

Wife used her rewards points on Southwest since she travels for her job, and both of our tickets from Chicago ended being 22 dollars total!

Still figuring out which Hyatt to stay at.

Looking forward to meeting new people and veterans from last year, everyone was awesome!
I don't remember if I met you last year, but I'm gonna PM you (when it's not "insomnia time). I don't live in Chicago, but I'm 40 miles out from downtown in Indiana. I'm always up for meeting fellow (and local) GAFfers!

Wow, I totally forgot about that app. Wild people have been using it so far in advance. I suppose what better time than now to reinstall it. :p

I went for Air BnB as my "hotel." I've never utilized it, so it's going to be my first time. I saved a *lot* of money! With airfare being so low, and Air BnB, this trip was a no-brained.

I do wish it was somewhere other than Anaheim, though. The prior years' PSXs were all somewhere I've never been, but I went to Anaheim for Blizzcon twice in years' past.

Having said that, I'm looking forward to hanging with my fellow GAFfers again!

I don't remember if I met you last year, but I'm gonna PM you (when it's not "insomnia time). I don't live in Chicago, but I'm 40 miles out from downtown in Indiana. I'm always up for meeting fellow (and local) GAFfers!

I believe you were at the lunch where we went to the diner style place on Sat right? I'd have to see a picture to remember, haha.

I got my PTO approved for that week and booked the Hyatt Regency Orange County thanks to my work connections.

My hype is starting to rise since I have all my arrangements taken care of. Still looking to go to Disneyland on the 5th for my birthday.

And yes, would love a meet up sometime. Can go to Galloping Ghost which is near me, or out to Round One (and another one is opening at Fox Valley Mall!)

My biggest wish for PSX is to have Kojima there and get to meet him. He's somewhat responsible for my wife and I meeting in a very roundabout way through MGS haha.

If anyone hasn't booked their hotel yet, check out bedfinder through Google. I Was able to get a room at the Hilton right on top of the convention center for $135+tax a night instead of the $199-$209 on every site including the "discount" link.

All I did was google "hotels around the Anaheim convention center" to find the hotels, there were plenty of discounts through there and they looked to be around 30% off.

Some Nobody

If this conference is just small announcements again then Sony really did take all their biggest announcements and shove them onto E3. I'm not sure how much I agree with that.

Not that it matters--I'm basically full on games from now till like...the end of March. Watch_Dogs 2 (Nov), Cold Steel 2 (I know its out but I'm still working through other stuff), Tales of Berseria/Yakuza 0 (Jan), Horizon (Feb), Mass Effect (Mar)...and if we're being honest Injustice is probably April 2017 so that's that month gone too. The rest of this year and a fourth of next is already taken up for me.

So honestly, Sony could just give updates on what they have and I probably wouldn't complain. Spider-Man and Ni no Kuni 2 alone would be great--if they manage to get anything like KH3, FF7:R, more Red Dead info or even decide to show off Sucker Punch's game, I'd be pretty ecstatic. Only "new" game I want info on is Trails of Cold Steel 3 and that won't be at PSX so for me there's no pressure for PSX--it just has to be less stupid than Sony's TGS conference.

And I feel like a major reason why that sucked was so this could be better. That's just me though.

krae_man

Early Bird Price is done. PSX is now $15 more expensive.

Hopefully now that PSVR is out Sony will start actually advertising this and start telling us things that are happening. Best I can tell their marketing efforts after the on sale have been 5 tweets and that's it. They didn't even do a new blog post for the "discount" hotels, they just stealth edited the old one. Better fewer people see that one though since those hotels are actually more expensive.

alemmon

If this conference is just small announcements again then Sony really did take all their biggest announcements and shove them onto E3. I'm not sure how much I agree with that.

Not that it matters--I'm basically full on games from now till like...the end of March. Watch_Dogs 2 (Nov), Cold Steel 2 (I know its out but I'm still working through other stuff), Tales of Berseria/Yakuza 0 (Jan), Horizon (Feb), Mass Effect (Mar)...and if we're being honest Injustice is probably April 2017 so that's that month gone too. The rest of this year and a fourth of next is already taken up for me.

So honestly, Sony could just give updates on what they have and I probably wouldn't complain. Spider-Man and Ni no Kuni 2 alone would be great--if they manage to get anything like KH3, FF7:R, more Red Dead info or even decide to show off Sucker Punch's game, I'd be pretty ecstatic. Only "new" game I want info on is Trails of Cold Steel 3 and that won't be at PSX so for me there's no pressure for PSX--it just has to be less stupid than Sony's TGS conference.

And I feel like a major reason why that sucked was so this could be better. That's just me though.

I feel we may be get updates on Ni No Kuni 2, Kingdom Hearts 3 (I mean we are in Anaheim, home of Disney), Spider-man and probably at least one pretty good announcement. That works for me. I feel that PSX is best experienced. While the keynote is fun, the show floor is a blast. And being there with Playstation fans is very fun.

I feel we may be get updates on Ni No Kuni 2, Kingdom Hearts 3 (I mean we are in Anaheim, home of Disney), Spider-man and probably at least one pretty good announcement. That works for me. I feel that PSX is best experienced. While the keynote is fun, the show floor is a blast. And being there with Playstation fans is very fun.

Also getting to meet the people that work in the industry. Last year I got to meet Gio Corsi, Adam Boyes, Tim Schafer, Dave Lang, Dan Hsu, Greg Rice, Greg Miller, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some more but that's off the top of my head.

I just got my ticket. For people that already booked hotels, any advice?

It's right next door to Disneyland, search for hotels through Google to take advantage of discounts instead of through their "discounted hotels" link. I also suggest getting as close as possible to the convention center if you need to drop off stuff you get or want to take a break from the show. There's several hotels within the block such as the Hilton and Ramada. If you do book a hotel a few miles away, I suggest getting the Uber or Lyft app on your phone instead of driving around yourself.

Edit: if you want good seats for the keynote, people lined up last year starting at like 2-3AM. I lined up at 6am and was still able to get into the first couple rows. Bring a backpack for snacks and merchandise. Also bring something to entertain you while you wait in line.

Onaco

I just got my ticket. For people that already booked hotels, any advice?

Please look at the rooms and reviews available. I got a really shitty one in San Francisco that I immediately left when I arrived to go find a better hotel. Just got for a known brand and pay the extra money. It's not worth the feeling of discomfort. Had I stayed, I would have been in a shitty hotel that reeked and shared a bathroom with the rest of the floor. Fuck Expedia.

Anaheim is much, MUCH cleaner from what others have told me, so I went with what rooms looked best from pictures and was affordable.

What do you guys think we will see?

I need to see those Crash Bandicoot remakes/Remasters.

It would be amazing if they surprised us with CTR being remade as well with online multiplayer.

I'm really weary that in the Crash Remakes/Remastered they will have Crash speak that gibberish he has in Skylanders and from crash of the titans....

Neonep

It's right next door to Disneyland, search for hotels through Google to take advantage of discounts instead of through their "discounted hotels" link. I also suggest getting as close as possible to the convention center if you need to drop off stuff you get or want to take a break from the show. There's several hotels within the block such as the Hilton and Ramada. If you do book a hotel a few miles away, I suggest getting the Uber or Lyft app on your phone instead of driving around yourself.

Edit: if you want good seats for the keynote, people lined up last year starting at like 2-3AM. I lined up at 6am and was still able to get into the first couple rows. Bring a backpack for snacks and merchandise. Also bring something to entertain you while you wait in line.
Yeah I went last year. So many people were there early.

Neonep

Please look at the rooms and reviews available. I got a really shitty one in San Francisco that I immediately left when I arrived to go find a better hotel. Just got for a known brand and pay the extra money. It's not worth the feeling of discomfort. Had I stayed, I would have been in a shitty hotel that reeked and shared a bathroom with the rest of the floor. Fuck Expedia.

Anaheim is much, MUCH cleaner from what others have told me, so I went with what rooms looked best from pictures and was affordable.
Appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom