• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Experience 2016 Coming to Anaheim on December 3-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinsei

Banned
Awesome! Hopefully Layden comes out wearing this shirt.

ra,raglan,x1000,white_black,front-c,230,190,225,294-bg,f8f8f8.jpg

wapplew

Would be the perfect place to show some Crash Remastered gameplay.

Show start with OG Crash gameplay, transition into remaster graphic, 1 minutes of that, camera zoom out, it's actually Uncharted 4 DLC cutscene trailer with Nate be the first person to play Crash remaster.

tr00per

Well it's not as expensive as SF but it is further away from me. There's so many games coming out in dec though... I guess I have to beg for an xmas present

Gusto

Everything booked, this will be my 3rd year attending. For those of you looking for a hotel, I booked the Hilton which is right next to the convention center. There are lots of hotels near the convention since Disneyland is also down the street.

SOLDIER

I love skepticism GAF sometimes.

Sure there's the chance they won't show FFVII Remake, but to immediately assume otherwise despite the big reception it got last year is unmerited.

I bet there's still a lot of people who refuse to believe it even exists.

kdoll08

I'm pretty much ready to pull the trigger on booking this today. Is there any consensus on the best hotel to book for meetups?

krae_man

Anybody flown to Anaheim before and used a shuttle service?

Looks like there are tons to and from the Convention centre/disneyland area.

Which ones are good?

What's wrong with Capcom Cup? Especially after what happened with EVO this year, Capcom Cup 2016 might air on ESPN2 like EVO.
Nothing.

It's just that you see "Capcom at PSX" and you go "new game announcements!" and then you see it's only for Capcom Cup and you're like -_-

Didn't Yoshida say after last PSX that we shouldn't expect big announcements on this event?
Yep, but people will spew nonsense afterward regardless. I mean, we've had this event two years now. It should be obvious what to expect.

2014 had SFV announced and the first UC4 gameplay, 2015 had Ni No Kuni II announced and the first gameplay of FF7R. Otherwise, it was a myriad of small announcements, localizations and trailers for previously announced games.

So, that is what should be expected. One somewhat major game reveal and gameplay for a previously announced title (maybe Ni No Kuni II this year?). Even than, I would tune in to this event anticipating the smaller tier announcements more than anything else.

StoveOven

Banned
I'm completely fine with a focus on smaller games at PSX. What annoyed me last year was the huge focus on third party games, including games like COD and Battlefront which were already out at that point.

Well, I'm expecting another Yakuza localization announcement. As long as we get one of those each year, PSX will remain a great event in my book.

Yep, but people will spew nonsense afterward regardless. I mean, we've had this event two years now. It should be obvious what to expect.

2014 had SFV announced and the first UC4 gameplay, 2015 had Ni No Kuni II announced and the first gameplay of FF7R. Otherwise, it was a myriad of small announcements, localizations and trailers for previously announced games.

So, that is what should be expected. One somewhat major game reveal and gameplay for a previously announced title (maybe Ni No Kuni II this year?). Even than, I would tune in to this event anticipating the smaller tier announcements more than anything else.
I'm getting tired of you people forgetting ace combat 7 and paragon(it's a good game)!!

Edzi

So the Capcom pro tour is going to be across 2 days this year, but one of those days is a Friday so I guess it's not completely tied to PSX this year? Not sure I like the new schedule, since ending the event with grand finals last year was a fantastic way to cap off the weekend.

I went last year. I thought it was horrible. Really crowded with people pushing and shoving to tag their badges in the many kiosks spread across all of the booths to aquire "check-in" points for the meta game Sony was promoting.

I found it extremely challenging to play anything unless I waited in gigantic lines. At E3, for example, I could always find empty kiosks to play something. Not the case at PSX.

I found the overall tone of the event "desperate." I'll stick to E3 and GDC.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I went last year. I thought it was horrible. Really crowded with people pushing and shoving to tag their badges in the many kiosks spread across all of the booths to aquire "check-in" points for the meta game Sony was promoting.

I found it extremely challenging to play anything unless I waited in gigantic lines. At E3, for example, I could always find empty kiosks to play something. Not the case at PSX.

Ever been to PAX? PSX is open to the public, unlike E3 (unless you pay up). There's a reason there are more crowds... As someone used to PAX crowds, PSX was nothing special, in terms of people numbers. I didn't find people "pushing and shoving" at PSX last year, though.

krae_man

Did you go to something else?

Because apart from Eve and Firewatch the lines were non existent and not very long. There were tons of things you could just walk up to and at most wait for 1 person to finish.

brandtron8000

Neo Member
Haven't missed a PSX yet. Stoked this one is closest to home.

Definitely swinging by Noble Ale Works at some point, and Bottle Logic isn't too far away either.

Going to be awesome!

JP

I quite enjoy these, they seem very different to all the other shows. It's more of a "we're going to go there and have fun" type of thing.

What time have these conferences been in the past?

finalflame

I found it extremely challenging to play anything unless I waited in gigantic lines. At E3, for example, I could always find empty kiosks to play something. Not the case at PSX. Unless you're looking for advertising partners/platforms, middleware, engines (Unity, Lumberyard, UE), etc, or professional networking, I'm not sure why you'd be stoked about GDC.

I've been to GDC and I'm not sure how you can even remotely compare the two. GDC is a trade show, not a consumer show. I had to attend GDC for work, and much preferred PSX.

E3 is a media event and not even in the same league and can't be compared.

I had a great time at PSX, and while there were plenty of people, I only faced lines at the mega booths (PSVR, Valkyrie, UC4, DkS3). The indie/smaller booths like Funimation, Salt&Sanctuary, and a bunch of other indie devs were super easy to get time with.

bosh

Everything booked, this will be my 3rd year attending. For those of you looking for a hotel, I booked the Hilton which is right next to the convention center. There are lots of hotels near the convention since Disneyland is also down the street.

Whats your experience on good time to arrive before the event, and any tips for people going for the first time?

Edzi

Any tips for finding a decently priced hotel nearby? I took a glance yesterday and everything seemed absurdly expensive, I'm assuming because of their proximity to Disneyland.

krae_man

Any tips for finding a decently priced hotel nearby? I took a glance yesterday and everything seemed absurdly expensive, I'm assuming because of their proximity to Disneyland.

Sony might be offering discount hotels again, they are just not ready with that info yet.

You could hold off to see what they offer there.

I booked Clarion Hotel Anaheim Resort. Looked decent and cheap.

finalflame

What's your criteria/define cheap? I booked the Doubletree Anaheim Convention Center last night on Booking.com via Hipmunk for $109/night, which to me seemed like a great price for a 3.5 star hotel 10 minutes walking distance from the convention center.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom