• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | June 2015

kurahador

Huh...Prototype 2 for PS4 trophies appeared online apparently. Another port/remaster?
vcsdiRc.jpg

RK128

Huh...Prototype 2 for PS4 trophies appeared online apparently. Another port/remaster?
vcsdiRc.jpg

So, similar to Darksiders II, they will put the sequel on PS4/X1 with better visuals/higher frame rate, then use that to help fund a sequel. Darksiders II is doing that (though a Darksiders III is in the works, they are just using Darksiders II Remaster to help get funding for it), as is DMC4 Remastered (I think...), so Activision doing this makes a lot of sense on paper.

Shizuka

Alright, I have my list:

- Most anticipated game of 2015: Corpse Party: Blood Drive;
- Most anticipated game announced at E3 2015: NieR 2;
- Most anticipated game shown at E3:
Genei Ibun Roku #FE.

wilflare

haven't checked in for a while now :/
that was an interesting conference to say the least

but the dust settled for me pretty quickly

incpdo

haven't checked in for a while now :/
that was an interesting conference to say the least

but the dust settled for me pretty quickly
Hi will! Havent seen you in a while here. Will you pray with me for a gravity rush 2 ps4 vita announcement at tgs? Hehe

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Alright, I have my list:

Genei Ibun Roku #FE.

Xenoblade, Zelda, Xenoblade. Easy enough. Very excited for both FE games though. The Wii U one in particular is one of the most Japanese things imaginable and even though I don't really like modern Persona I love what they've done with this glorious overraction to how well FE:A did (then again, Fates is the same way!)

vcsdiRc.jpg

Don't trophies only typically appear a few weeks away from release?

Doesn't matter. I loved the Prototype games and would eat up a third. Thought for sure those games were dead when the studio closed. Is this IP owned by Activision solely now?

Shizuka

Xenoblade, Zelda, Xenoblade. Easy enough. Very excited for both FE games though. The Wii U one in particular is one of the most Japanese things imaginable and even though I don't really like modern Persona I love what they've done with this glorious overraction to how well FE:A did (then again, Fates is the same way!)

Which Zelda?

RK128

Alright, I have my list:

Genei Ibun Roku #FE.

Great list of games :D!

For me it would be this:
- Games I'm looking forward this year: Platinum Game's Transformers, SAO: Lost Song, Shantae: Half Genie Hero (assuming it comes out this year), Mighty No. 9
- Games I'm looking forward to announced at E3: Nier (Platinum man :D!), Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam (love both series, so I'm looking forward to the mash-up), Horizon (that looks amazing), Rare Replay
- Games of the show: #FE (love how Persona-esc it looks :D), KH3 (loved its gameplay trailer), FFXV (could be a great game for 2016), Ratchet & Clank

Really great E3 this year that hit on all fronts :D. I'm really happy that this E3 decided I will get a PS4 in the future, as between Nintendo shifting a lot of tittles to their next console and finally a set of games I really want are all coming to the PS4 (Ratchet, Horizon, Dream, KH3, FFXV, Shenmue 3, Neir 2, ect), the PS4 is a smart buy now compared to before (where I had was torn between a Wii U and a PS4).

Vylash

Alright, I have my list:

Genei Ibun Roku #FE.

ooh are we doing this?

- Most anticipated game of 2015: Trails of Cold Steel
- Most anticipated game announced at E3 2015: Horizon: First Dawn
- Most anticipated game shown at E3: Anime: The Video Game

Interesting. I didn't dislike the Prototype games. They played almost exactly like Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction. They would really need to make huge improvements to the atmosphere if they're thinking of making a new one. If the first two had a weakness, I would say that the bio-organic stuff all over the city made things feel a bit too generic.

pariah164

Oooh, this thing. Okay.

- Most anticipated game of 2015: Persona 4 DAN/Corpse Party: Blood Drive
- Most anticipated game shown at E3: Fire Emblem Fates/Hyrule Warriors Legends
Don't judge me.

Hmm...

- Most anticipated game shown at E3: Fire Emblem Fates

Hikami

sure, why not
though I think just listing them would be boring so:

This is a hard one, my 3 favorite series are getting a game(s) this year. (Persona, The Legend of Heroes, and Tales of)
I'm still not convinced that Persona 5 is this year to be honest, need a solid release date before I can get hyped. Would've picked it otherwise. Tales could be here but we don't know how the PS4/PC ports (versions I'm interested in) will turn out. That leaves Trails of Cold Steel.. which I know is a good game. I'm making the OT for this by the way :)

- Most anticipated game announced at E3 2015: - For Honor
A lot of great stuff shown at E3 but this one takes it for me. I have a very heavy "realistic First Person/Third Person shooter" fatigue from when I owned an Xbox 360 and those were the only type of games I played, so I'm not sure if Horizon will be my kind of game. It looks good but I dunno.. I love melee combat though so For Honor is right up my alley. Another contender for this would be Project Setsuna. Though we've seen nothing of it.. it sounds promising. Especially from a new studio named "Tokyo RPG Factory".

- Most anticipated game shown at E3: -
Summer Lesson
Fire Emblem Fates
Chose the game that comes out the soonest. (Importing it)
I really like #FE but I don't have a Wii U. This year I've already bought a PS3, a new PC, and I'm buying a PS4 later so I can't really afford to get a Wii U just for that game right now-- At the Wii U's current price anyways.

-Most anticipated game of 2015: Persona 5/Digimon Cyber Sleuth if the rumours are true :3

- Most anticipated game announced at E3 2015: World of Final Fantasy Vita

- Most anticipated game shown at E3: Super Mario Maker :)

There were tons of games E3 this year. Super excited for FF7, NieR2, KH3 and Horizon, but those games are still far from being done, so I'll be cautiously optomistic.

I'll get in on this.

-Most anticipated game of 2015: Star Wars Battlefront, oddly enough. Gameplay footage really sold me on it.

- Most anticipated game announced at E3 2015: Horizon Zero Dawn, even though I won't be getting it because PS4 :\

- Most anticipated game shown at E3: Does this mean Gameplay was displayed? Or it was playable? I'm thinking Starfox or that Amiibo AC game 'cause I'm a sucker for AC.

**Wait, scratch everything. Most anticipated game 2015 is FO4, Most anticipated game announced is Dishonored 2. Clearly I'm too tired for this.

- Most anticipated game of 2015: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel;
- Most anticipated game announced at E3 2015: NieR FUCKING 2;
- Most anticipated game shown at E3: Star Fox Zero

E3 was amazing but when SE dropped the Nier 2 bomb it became the best E3 of all time for me.

Most anticipated game of 2015: Earth Defense force 2; I reeally, really like squashing tons of bugs.

Most anticipated game announced at E3 2015: NieR 2; One of the things I don't know I even wanted.

Most anticipated game shown at E3: Summer Waif... ehm Does world of final fantasy count here? If not Fatal frame 5. With Silent hills dead, this might be one of the rare Japanese horror games that I will play.

batrush

Most anticipated game of 2015: Corpse Party BD
Most anticipated game announced at E3 2015: Dark Souls 3
Most anticipated game shown at E3: Fallout 4

Sorry, that was part 2 of a previous post. My 32 GB card was corrupted and most of my games wouldn't start. I couldn't even get into the content manager without forcing the Vita to reboot. A black box would pop up telling me the system encountered a serious error and needed to restart.

It's not a HUGE deal but I'm bummed that I lost my save data for Persona 2, Corpse Party, and Fate/Extra.

Oh I see, that's a bummer indeed.

I'm currently enjoying Super Exploding Zoo, but even after the patch the game seems to crash at start.

AmanoBuff

Still recovering from the Sony conference. What a day.

I'm already used to all the negativity we've seen on GAF. But I think that all those people are underestimating the impact of these annoucements.

Let's put aside the fact that the announcement of any one of these games alone would have been crazy on its own, let alone putting all of them in the same conference.

These announcements also serve to send a damn strong positive message to fans and gamers in general.

- It shows Sony is really in touch with gamers' wishes and concerns. This is huuuge if you are a gamer of the older generations (like me, I started gaming even before the NES)
- If you are even barely interested in Japanese releases, then they are the brand to go to.
- It shows the Japanese market (where console sales are abysmal) that PS is the platform every major franchise is committed to, basically removing every barrier of entry based on fear of lack of support.

The announcements are huge by themselves, but the more lasting effect of them will be the goodwill that the PlayStation brand will gain from them. That positive impression is immense and will last for years to come.

Goddamn, this Salt & Sanctuary live footage got me salivating. I can't wait to play this on my Vita.

I also want this game so bad. I looks like they really nailed the combat and atmosphere.

Trails SC, ToCS, Blood Drive, Forgotten Memories are a few games that I'm also really looking forward to on Vita.

Edit: omg so P4D of course!

Also, anyone planning on replaying FFVII on Vita now that the remake has been announced?

It shows the Japanese market (where console sales are abysmal) that PS is the platform every major franchise is committed to, basically removing every barrier of entry based on fear of lack of support.

I'm not gonna get in to debates about E3 again since that obviously didn't go so well last time. That said...

I think you're overstating this. At best. Every major franchise is committed to Mobile in Japan. Playstation support looks pretty pathetic in comparison. Not to mention the fact that many Pubs have just ignored the PS4 and stayed with the PS3, which makes the latter part of your comment irrelevant. I also don't really think 'barrier to entry based on fear of lack of support' is a factor in the PS4's lack of relevance in Japan.
XB1 pro controller

Shame this thing is so outrageously expensive.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
On PSM there's a minecraft clone for less than 3 euros and oh deer!(alpha) looks ao good!

Alright, I have my list:

Genei Ibun Roku #FE.
Without using categories i would say:
Fallout 4
World of Final Fantasy(the only vita game announced needs to be here :\ )
Trails of cold steel

Other good stuff:
dreams by MM
XB1 BC
XB1 pro controller
Top down Minecraft(as seen in the hololens demo) looked gorgeous! :O

Things that pissed me(other than the total absence of vita in the sony conference obviously):
Mother Russia Bleeds and Eitr are not on vita :mad:

eFKac

Most anticipated game of 2015: Battlefront
Most anticipated game announced at E3 2015: Horizon Zero Dawn
Most anticipated game shown at E3: Uncharted 4 (just behind Horizon)

AsfaeksBR

Goddamn, this Salt & Sanctuary live footage got me salivating. I can't wait to play this on my Vita.

This is glorious. The first gameplay from a few months ago already looked good, but they refined it so much since then. Vita is packed with great games this end of 2015, can't wait!

-Most anticipated game of 2015: Persona 5/Digimon Cyber Sleuth if the rumours are true :3

- Most anticipated game announced at E3 2015: World of Final Fantasy Vita

Quoting Monokuma: "What whaaaaaaat?". What is this? Collection of FF games or a brand new FF? And how did I miss it?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
This is glorious. The first gameplay from a few months ago already looked good, but they refined it so much since then. Vita is packed with great games this end of 2015, can't wait!

Quoting Monokuma: "What whaaaaaaat?". What is this? Collection of FF games or a brand new FF? And how did I miss it?
it's probably a sort of Pokemon clone(potentially a toys to life game imo) with chibi characters for ps4 and vita
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwMM4kZXTQY

maouvin

Taiko V demo is out on JP PSN. 221MB.

edit: oh yeah

Most anticipated game of 2015: Overwatch
Most anticipated game shown at E3: P4D if it qualifies here.

Those people commenting E3 live for you didn't do a very good job, eh? :p

AmanoBuff

I'm not gonna get in to debates about E3 again since that obviously didn't go so well last time. That said...

and yet you still seem to want to get into one. I never quoted you or mentioned you. I know, opinions and everything, but I wonder why you try so hard to downplay these announcents.

I think you're overstating this. At best. Every major franchise is committed to Mobile in Japan. Playstation support looks pretty pathetic in comparison. Not to mention the fact that many Pubs have just ignored the PS4 and stayed with the PS3, which makes the latter part of your comment irrelevant. I also don't really think 'barrier to entry based on fear of lack of support' is a factor in the PS4's lack of relevance in Japan.

As for your reply, I mentioned Sony, their efforts and the goodwill they are generating. They are putting a ton of effort to get console gaming in Japan going by helping precisely those devs and pubs that are hesitant.

The fact that you think the fear of lack of support is not a factor in the PS4's (or any other console) lack of success in Japan is irrelevant. The sales speak for themselves. The trend in Japan might be currently towards mobile and handheld, but people there get home consoles as long as there are great games on them, as proven by the few console releases that found success there this new gen. And at least Sony is trying to gain momentum with announcements and by garnering support from developers, and they just gave Japanese gamers a few great reasons to get a PS4, and they are the ones putting the most effort in this regard in Japan and most parts of the world.

There's a lot more to these conferences/annoucements than just generate hype.

WoFF seems to be kinda like a Pokemon game with FF characters and even more emphasis on RPG elements and quite a few original additions. You can turn small to 'ride' monsters and fight, you can turn larger to fight along them or with some of them (the smallest ones) riding on you. And I think you can even ride on large monsters when small and at the same time have tiny monsters on you. Looks quite crazy and definitely cute. I can't wait to learn more about this game.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/what-exactly-is-world-of-final-fantasy/1100-6428294/

Most anticipated game of 2015: DanganRonpa: Another Episode
Most anticipated game shown at E3: Trails of Cold Steel (shown on the show floor counts to me!)

Kudo

Most anticipated game of 2015: Persona 5/Star Ocean 5
Most anticipated game announced at E3 2015: Shenmue 3/Dark Souls 3
Most anticipated game shown at E3: The Last Guardian

I took a list of games during the show of interesting looking games: Fallout 4, The Last Guardian, Shenmue 3, FF 7 Remake, Star Ocean 5, Kingdom Hearts 3, Nier 2, Deus Ex, Dark Souls 3, Summer Lesson, Project SETSUNA, Persona 5, FExSMT.
Needless to say I had the E3 of my life.

Top Bottom