• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | June 2015

Yasumi

Banned
The icon in the Vita store said it was a Fantasy flash sale, so stuff with magic and/or dragons in it seems likely for the other two consoles. Drakengard 3 dlc would be nice.

Looked back a couple pages and this doesn't seem to have been posted. Corpse Party Blood Drive is still listed for 85 bucks on Amazon.ca, so it's looking less and less like a pricing error. Not sure what the hell they're thinking but anyway, it's currently "discounted" 29%, which just so happens to bring it down to exactly $59.99...

Just thought I'd give a heads up in case anyone wants to jump on it in case it goes away. I know I did.
I think they're just price-matching it to Bestbuy's $59.99. No idea where Amazon would've gotten $85 from though.

FLD

I think they're just price-matching it to Bestbuy's $59.99. No idea where Amazon would've gotten $85 from though.

You're probably right, I would've gotten it from Best Buy already if they didn't have that Quebec restriction on shipping. I can't imagine Amazon have gotten a lot of orders on this.

I really wonder why the hell they're jacking up the price so damn much. 60 bucks is about on par with the current exchange rate price hike thing going on. I don't like it but I get it. 85 bucks is a complete mystery, though. There's just no reason I can think of to charge that much. I mean, surely it can't just be straight up greed?

AsfaeksBR

Seeing Danganronpa 2 for sale on EU and not on US makes me a sad bear

j4tcYjf.png

Tapejara

The icon in the Vita store said it was a Fantasy flash sale, so stuff with magic and/or dragons in it seems likely for the other two consoles. Drakengard 3 dlc would be nice.

Great, now you've got me hoping the Drakengard 3 DLC will go on sale. Square better not disappoint.

maouvin

where do we check the expiry again?
still waiting for them to do the buy 12months, get 3 free promo

Vita Store, [...] menu, services list, find PS+ on the list.
Or you can check it by going [...]>Information on a PS+ freebie you have installed (it'll be its expire date).

That's not me, I can't give even cheap gifts for my friends, just Steam keys I got for cheap.

But Goldzuka.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
When is Astebreed gonna launch? :(

RK128

Hello everyone :D.

Just wanted to tell you all that I made a thread covering the flash sale leak we found on the Vita PSN Store, so that way people can know what games are going on sale over the weekend.

I hope the prices are good (really want to get Tales of Heart R if its at a good price (15 bucks); always wanted to try out the Tales series....).

wilflare

Hello everyone :D.

Just wanted to tell you all that I made a thread covering the flash sale leak we found on the Vita PSN Store, so that way people can know what games are going on sale over the weekend.

I hope the prices are good (really want to get Tales of Heart R if its at a good price (15 bucks); always wanted to try out the Tales series....).

I think you'll be better off playing the PSOne Tales games available on the Vita (not too sure did not check :/)

Reset

Hearts R is the second best Tales game I've played. It's after Abyss, and it's a lot better than the PS3 titles. If it's cheap you guys have no excuse not to buy it, since it's one of the better Vita Rpgs.

wait for the inevitable HD Remaster for PS4 lol
That is the logical answer, but will I want to play it then?

So one for yes.

have you played kingdom hearts before?
I played the DS one only, way back when what was its name... 358/2 or something like that. Plot didn't make much sense because I hadn't played any of the others but the gameplay was fun, and it looked pretty good.

RK128

Thinking of purchasing both Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 to play throughout the summer. Yay or nay?

Yay man :D!

All the Kingdom Hearts games are solid action/RPG's but the strongest games in the series lie in the 2.5 Collection (KH2 Final Mix and Birth By Sleep Final Mix).

They have the best worlds in the series (though Dream Drop Distance has some great worlds too), some awesome combat with lots of options latter in the game, great visuals that really shine with the HD treatment, and to top it all off, both games have fantastic music.

Strongly recommend both collections Names :D; fantastic summer tittles.

I am going through a Critical Mode playthrough of KH2 Final Mix myself, so have fun with the games if you get them :D.

Edit: You never played the series before? Then I recommend playing the games in the following order to understand everything:
-KH1: Establishes the core cast of characters and the themes that echo throughout the series
-KH Re:Chain of Memories: Ties into the opening of KH2 and introduces the Organization to the series
-KH 358 Days/2: Cut-scenes from the game are in 1.5 Collection; tells you the story of the Organization in greater detail and helps you understand Roxas life before the events of KH2
-KH2: Continues where all the prior games left off
-KH Birth By Sleep: This covers events prior to all of the games and is the grand introduction to a large deal of the cast we will be seeing return in KH3
-KH Re:Coded: Cut-scenes in KH2.5 Collection. Continues where KH2 left off with and somewhat touches upon the events of the handheld tittles (Birth by Sleep, Chain of Memories, 358 Days/2). Also introduces the start of KH3D
-KH Dream Drop Distance: Likely to get an HD Remaster at some point (as it is the prologue to KH3).

Hope this helps you Names :). The series plot is.....messy to say the least :l.

Yes. Like to the max
You'll love it I guarantee it.

Yay man :D!

All the Kingdom Hearts games are solid action/RPG's but the strongest games in the series lie in the 2.5 Collection (KH2 Final Mix and Birth By Sleep Final Mix).

They have the best worlds in the series (though Dream Drop Distance has some great worlds too), some awesome combat with lots of options latter in the game, great visuals that really shine with the HD treatment, and to top it all off, both games have fantastic music.

Strongly recommend both collections Names :D; fantastic summer tittles.

I am going through a Critical Mode playthrough of KH2 Final Mix myself, so have fun with the games if you get them :D.
It's settled then. Gonna go on a hunt for both games tomorrow. Got a bunch of old stuff to trade in, and both games are cheap. I know 1.5 has a bunch of shortcomings, but I'll keep in mind that it is all needed for 2.5

RK128

It's settled then. Gonna go on a hunt for both games tomorrow. Got a bunch of old stuff to trade in, and both games are cheap. I know 1.5 has a bunch of shortcomings, but I'll keep in mind that it is all needed for 2.5

Both games are at very low prices by this point; KH2.5 used is about...18 bucks at local GameStops while KH1.5 is a 'Greatest Hits' tittle (meaning its 20 bucks new).

Edit: Forgot to post the series great soundtracks X(.

Here is the links to playlists of series OST:
KH 1.5 Collection (KH1, KH: ReChain of Memories, KH: 358 Days/2)
KH 2.5 Collection (KH2, KH: Birth By Sleep, KH: ReCoded)
KH Dream Drop Distance

Both games are at very low prices by this point; KH2.5 used is about...18 bucks at local GameStops while KH1.5 is a 'Greatest Hits' tittle (meaning its 20 bucks new).

Edit: Forgot to post the series great soundtracks X(.

Here is the links to playlists of series OST:
KH 1.5 Collection (KH1, KH: ReChain of Memories, KH: 358 Days/2)
KH 2.5 Collection (KH2, KH: Birth By Sleep, KH: ReCoded)
KH Dream Drop Distance

Excellent, they are both cheap so no big loss. Do they happen to be 1080p btw? Not that it really matters but the PS4 has kinda spoiled my eyes and these being remasters and all, even on the PS3 it'd be nice if they weren't 720p.

As for the music I have listened to several tracks throughout the years and some of these pieces are goosebump material right there. I just never played them, because Disney characters. As a teenager I skipped them thinking they would be games for kids, I hope to mend that now as an adult lol.

RK128

Excellent, they are both cheap so no big loss. Do they happen to be 1080p btw? Not that it really matters but the PS4 has kinda spoiled my eyes and these being remasters and all, even on the PS3 it'd be nice if they weren't 720p.

As for the music I have listened to several tracks throughout the years and some of these pieces are goosebump material right there. I just never played them, because Disney characters. As a teenager I skipped them thinking they would be games for kids, I hope to mend that now as an adult lol.

I only own a SD TV in my room, so I'm the best regarding that stuff :l. But, I know that both games range from having a 900p-1080p resolution. Hooking my PS3 up to the family TV (which is an HD TV), really makes the games pop; they look crystal clear and something ripped from Disney film (to me at least). Very pretty games :).

The music is amazing :'). Love KH3D's score a lot and some tracks from KH2 like Dearly Beloved are amazing to listen too :D.

Edit: Can't believe I misspelled that so badly X(. Must have linked to another song by mistake.

Chuy

I believe that the first collection is in 720p while the second is 1080p if I'm remembering correctly.

I ignored the series for this reason as well until I actually saw what it actually was like. Hell birth by sleep was the reason why I bought a psp just because I was so amazed at the series was really like

Yasumi

Banned
Downloading Deemo, I can't wait to start it. The iOS version is so good, looking forward to those fully animated cutscenes and epilogue. Going to toss up an OT tomorrow.

I only own a SD TV in my room, so I'm the best regarding that stuff :l. But, I know that both games range from having a 900p-1080p resolution. Hooking my PS3 up to the family TV (which is an HD TV), really makes the games pop; they look crystal clear and something ripped from Disney film (to me at least). Very pretty games :).

The music is amazing :'). Love KH3D's score a lot and some tracks from KH2 like Sinister Showdown are amazing to listen too :D.

Either way, all it takes for me to not see jaggies is get my contacts/glasses off, and I get myself the cheapest, greatest AA ever. A bit blurry, but it helps ahaha.

The song is beautiful! Let me get this straight, 3D would be the game I play only after I play everything from 1.5 and 2.5 right?

I believe that the first collection is in 720p while the second is 1080p if I'm remembering correctly.

I ignored the series for this reason as well until I actually saw what it actually was like. Hell birth by sleep was the reason why I bought a psp just because I was so amazed at the series was really like
See I have heard mixed reports that 1.5 is 810p, slightly higher than 720 but lower than 900, with a sharp IQ that makes the game look alright even with a low resolution. I wonder why rez bothers me so much on my TV, yet on my Vita and 3DS I don't even care.

As for your last part yeah, what's drawing me in is how complex this whole series seems to be, which is the complete opposite of what I thought of it when I was younger.

RK128

Either way, all it takes for me to not see jaggies is get my contacts/glasses off, and I get myself the cheapest, greatest AA ever. A bit blurry, but it helps ahaha.

The song is beautiful! Let me get this straight, 3D would be the game I play only after I play everything from 1.5 and 2.5 right?

Yes, 3D is the one to play AFTER 1.5 and 2.5.

Just....keep in mind that one is a bit crazy with its plot :l.
When you throw Time Travel into the mix, stuff always gets weird man XD
. Won't spoil things for you but the story is the weakest element of KH3D.

The combat system uses parkor (Flow-Motion) where you tap the Y button and Sora/Rikku react to the world (gliding, wall-jumping, grinding on rails, ect). This makes combat really easy but its still a lot of fun regardless :).

It has the strongest line-up of worlds compared to the other handheld spin-offs as well; Fantasa and Hunchback are worlds I really, really want to see in KH3 (the scale and beauty of those locations on PS4 level hardware....what a sight to behold :')).

As for your last part yeah, what's drawing me in is how complex this whole series seems to be, which is the complete opposite of what I thought of it when I was younger.

The story of the series is very complicated sadly :(. But, its simple enough to grasp after you play through all the games. KH3D is where the story goes from a bit confusion but understandable into WTF category :l.

....But with KH3 being a 'huge' tittle for Square, I would imagine the story of that game being a lot more understandable than prior games. This will sell PS4's and X1's to people....so they need to make the story more understandable to newcomers drawn into the game from its hype.

Yes, 3D is the one to play AFTER 1.5 and 2.5.

Just....keep in mind that one is a bit crazy with its plot :l.
When you throw Time Travel into the mix, stuff always gets weird man XD
. Won't spoil things for you but the story is the weakest element of KH3D.

The combat system uses parkor (Flow-Motion) where you tap the Y button and Sora/Rikku react to the world (gliding, wall-jumping, grinding on rails, ect). This makes combat really easy but its still a lot of fun regardless :).

It has the strongest line-up of worlds compared to the other handheld spin-offs as well; Fantasa and Hunchback are worlds I really, really want to see in KH3 (the scale and beauty of those locations on PS4 level hardware....what a sight to behold :')).

By the time I finish them all I may need a break from the series lol. Which is great, since 3 is still a ways off. I just like to have a mindless loot game to play (currently Borderlands 2/Pre-Sequel on the PS4) and something with story to play every now and then. I don't have anything I want to play for the latter, with Lost Dimensions being my next purchase, which is over a month away. It's the perfect time to tackle the series, it's been on my bucket-list for a while.

ON OTHER NEWS, a God Eater Resurrection teaser site has opened with a reminder that their 5 years event is on this Saturday. Cross your fingers for me GAF. Don't expect news to come for us this saturday, but AX... man. It's now or never.

RK128

By the time I finish them all I may need a break from the series lol. Which is great, since 3 is still a ways off. I just like to have a mindless loot game to play (currently Borderlands 2/Pre-Sequel on the PS4) and something with story to play every now and then. I don't have anything I want to play for the latter, with Lost Dimensions being my next purchase, which is over a month away. It's the perfect time to tackle the series, it's been on my bucket-list for a while.

The good thing about the series is that most of the games aren't super long by JRPG standards; just running through the games on normal difficulty can take you 30-40 hours (I played through the original KH2 a lot of times and that is how long I normally took to beat that). So, they are great 'summer' games; tittles you can just throw yourself into and have a fun time playing :D.

I have a large backlog myself and.....I have a lot to catch up on XD. Still have to beat Shovel Knight on my Vita, gotta go back to Rebirth 1 at some point, want to beat LBP Vita before deleting it, a large list of PS1/PSP tittles to play, a run through KH2 in critical mode, trying to beat Darksiders II.....and hopefully Tales of Heart R if that is a good price, and the Sonic Unleashed DLC.

I have a lot to play XD.

Downloading Deemo, I can't wait to start it. The iOS version is so good, looking forward to those fully animated cutscenes and epilogue. Going to toss up an OT tomorrow.
Is that the english asian version? Tempted to go back to my real region for games since I have been buying retail carts but there are almost no worthwhile sales in asia psn.
Fuck yes. PSN sales are the best. Gimme more vita games (that i will never finish.).

You and me both.

wilflare

names,I'll still strongly recommend waiting for the inevitable PS4 Remaster.

GE localisation won't happen anyway, so you will want to play them when they come :p

---
but honestly, while the games are excellent, I would think it's better to wait for the inevitable Remaster. finish up some other games in the meanwhile.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
I didn't like the new arrangement. At all. But anything new for Freedom Wars is heart-warming.

Why isn't Uwe part of it.

Fuck. I want freedom wars 2. Just tweak the movement speed a little and I'll be happy.

It's not happening isnt it?

m0t0k1

Thought this was a better place to ask then in the sale thread. Saw Sword Art Online for sale and i only got a Playstation TV (EU) the psn store says it doesnt work but i saw on the internet that it does work now. So does it work and if yes does it work without using the constant update. I use my PSTV at a place where i don't have internet so cant update there. But can download the game at my home. If it doesn't work without using that update function all the time i will probably skip the game.

names,I'll still strongly recommend waiting for the inevitable PS4 Remaster.

GE localisation won't happen anyway, so you will want to play them when they come :p

---
but honestly, while the games are excellent, I would think it's better to wait for the inevitable Remaster. finish up some other games in the meanwhile.

The games are already remastered, a PS4 version won't make them look much better.

Wil the problem is that like I said I have nothing else that I want to finish now. Borderlands is my "Destiny" so to speak, a game that I log in to for loot and shooting stuff, not for a story. All other stuff I have I don't feel like playing. The next game I'm buying is Lost Dimensions, and that's quite a ways off. KH is story heavy, and it's been in the bucket list forever now. Plus with gaming I'm very sporadic, and if anything if I don't start that day, I'll probably lose the will to play the game at all at a later date.

maouvin

Fuck. I want freedom wars 2. Just tweak the movement speed a little and I'll be happy.

It's not happening isnt it?

Well, there's these new guys, and Jun (producer) got replaced right after he left the project (they could just leave his position vacant), so I wouldn't bet on it being impossible just yet.

Top Bottom