• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | June 2015

if you don't mind trudging through average gameplay and an average story for some great waifus, conception 2 is pretty cool

bUxI7gj.gif

Stop making this so difficult

wilflare

GE2:RB isn't in your life or mine that's what's up. Don't worry friend. I share your pain. We'll be okay.
LOL :p

I'm glad to hear it. The polarizing reviews scared people away from a fantastic, super different and weird game. Because yes that's what this is, a game, and it doesn't shy away from it, throwing all kinds of gameplay styles and mechanics at you. If people haven't played it yet, they totally should.

if GE2RB is going to be on PS4... I would hope it comes to Steam as well..
I would much prefer to play it at 1080p60, etc :/

think my PS4 is gonna be a First-Party exclusive machine just like my WiiU

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I visit 3 sites:

-gematsu, it's good but i HATE its galleries, news page->gallery->mid size preview->full screenshot, 4 pages to see a single full size screenshot is utterly unacceptable! I prefer looking for screens at allgamesbeta or siliconera(or gaf, but i usually look at those sites first).

-allgamesbeta, no ads(how?), in seconds you look at all the news because it's a straight and plain sequence of galleries and videos with almost no texts
, and almost every week there are famitsu and dengeki completely scanned.

-siliconera, well apparently it become not really accurate, but it also has some news about indes, curious or little games that gematsu misses. Maybe it's not necessary as the other two but sometimes i look at it.

I have platinum'd both Conception 2 and Mind Zero.

Conception 2 is worthless. Mind Zero has one redeeming feature.

Conception 2 has all the bells and whistles... lots of fancy game mechanics and cool ideas and all sorts of other stuff. But as someone else said, the game balance is broken and you will autobattle throughout. None of the mechanics matter -- and that's a lot of mechanics -- battlefield positioning, chaining attacks, cool attacks, none of it matters. It's a boring, terrible grind. Zero redeeming value.

------

Mind Zero looks bland. It plays bland at times. But it's got an engaging combat system. Basically, you have a human and demon form, and when you're in demon form your SP takes damage instead of your HP. Skills cost TP, but TP can only be recovered while you're in human form (and thus at risk). There are some other cool things going on too. There are The game is balanced very well (I played on hard) and is challenging throughout.

Basically, what this means is that unlike many drpgs, combat can be engaging. You'll be shifting back and forth between human and demon, looking for a chance to pull off an attack, or heal, or recover TP. Bosses, in particular, could be nice long dances where 2 of your characters might be dead at one point, but you skillfully manage to get everyone back up and running. But if you do backtrack for some reason, you can autobattle which is nice.

Now... that said, everything else is bland. Dungeon design is bland (only the post-game dungeon is really well designed), art is bland, most enemies are just color shifts, lewt is bland,etc. Some of their interesting ideas failed -- for example, you find skill cards and can give them to anyone... which is a great idea at first, until you realize that really makes the characters all feel samey eventually (no classes).

------

Conception 2 has about 10 times more to talk about regarding it's combat system. But none of that matters, because you'll never care about any of it since autobattle is faster. Mind Zero has less going for it, but it gets combat (mostly) right.

So between those two, MZ. Do not expect persona. It's not persona. It's a bland drpg with an interesting take on combat that feels generic/bland in every other way.
---

Despite its flaws, I enjoyed MZ. I hated my time with C2.

Thanks, I think I will check it out. Granted if the price is low enough.

maouvin

How is Toukiden Kiwami on PS4 ? I have a hard time choosing on which platform to play it.

Plays nicely, but slowdowns can occur when the screen is really busy, like when you get tons of explosions right on your face, or using a United Destroyer at point blank, breaking several members at once.
It's pretty too.

Both platforms have a demo available, and on both you can check either the first two chapters or some higher-level missions (Special Missions).

Li Kao

Plays nicely, but slowdowns can occur when the screen is really busy, like when you get tons of explosions right on your face, or using a United Destroyer at point blank, breaking several members at once.
It's pretty too.

Both platforms have a demo available, and on both you can check either the first two chapters or some higher-level missions (Special Missions).

Yeah I heard the PS4 version had some slowdowns. Are we safe to assume the Vita one does too ? I don't know, I have a soft spot for Vita gaming, andddd I already have the insanely long Samurai Warriors 4 on PS4 if I want some hack 'n slash experience.
I'm just wondering if the PS4 version add enough graphical quality to be the version to choose.

I'm also tempted by Omega Quintet in the sale. And Neptunia Rebirth 1 would be a cool addition to my Vita library. And there is tomorrow flash sale.
I think I have a problem, send halp.

Prelude.

Yeah I heard the PS4 version had some slowdowns. Are we safe to assume the Vita one does too ? I don't know, I have a soft spot for Vita gaming, andddd I already have the insanely long Samurai Warriors 4 on PS4 if I want some hack 'n slash experience.
I'm just wondering if the PS4 version add enough graphical quality to be the version to choose.
It doesn't look particularly good on PS4 so if you prefer portability just go with the Vita version.

RK128

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidewalt/2015/06/25/sony-playstation-shawn-layden-e3/

Interview with Shawn Layden. Amusing part about Vita:

"Are you happy with the sales performance of the Vita here in the US?

Yeah. In fact, we sold more than we had internally targeted last year. We saw some issues in the market last year with supply constraint, which was kind of a surprise."

Lol, just how low were their targets?

They likely thought they would sell well under 'successful' numbers (um......1 thousand maybe :l?), so them going over that number was impressive for them.

I think at this point, Sony is less trying to sell systems to people but more so ensuring existing buyers keep buying tons of games to keep a steady revenue stream for them and their indie/third party partners.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidewalt/2015/06/25/sony-playstation-shawn-layden-e3/

Interview with Shawn Layden. Amusing part about Vita:

"Are you happy with the sales performance of the Vita here in the US?

Yeah. In fact, we sold more than we had internally targeted last year. We saw some issues in the market last year with supply constraint, which was kind of a surprise."

Too bad psnow and remote play are the only things he mentioned for vita.

Prelude.

We saw some issues in the market last year with supply constraint, which was kind of a surprise."

"Layden-san, we have to launch the new Vita 2k model, how many units should we have ready at launch?"
"Veewhat?"
"The PSP2 new model!"
"Ooooh, we're still selling those things? I thought Tretton took care of that already. Goddamn. Alright... uuh... let's see... 65k should be okay. For the whole year."

Too bad psnow and remote play are the only things he mentioned for vita.

In regards to the unexpected increase in sales, yeah. But just before that he talked about the games.
I think there’s 100 games coming out this year across the Vita platform. I think it’s a great platform for independent developers. They’re seeing a lot of opportunity across that. And it’s certainly a very vital and vibrant platform in the crucial Japan and Asia markets. So, yeah, we’re still in the Vita business. We’re still using it to bring new experiences. I think the cost of entry for a developer is probably more friendly than doing a full-blown, triple-A PS4 title.

SerTapTap

It seems really obvious to me that they're going to keep the Vita around just because so many devs (even if not AAA) keep making games despite fairly low effort on Sony's part. It would be really dumb for Sony to cut that cash flow off any time soon since a lot of vita owners don't seem to necessarily want to/be able to play those games on PS4/home console.

Mighty Switch Force 1 and 2 better be next in line for release on PSN, as both are becoming available on Steam.

Considering Shantae came to PS4 (was that a stealth release? I hadn't heard of it coming over) I would assume so. Cool to see them spread the love, definitely recommend both MSF 1&2 if they pop up on PS4 or Vita.

Shizuka

Idea Factory International is teasing an exclusive limited edition of Amnesia: Memories to their Iffy Store... I love where this is going.

Idea Factory International is teasing an exclusive limited edition of Amnesia: Memories to their Iffy Store... I love where this is going.

I read the newsletter but didn't even catch that haha
As long es everyone in the world can get one easily (cough Ar Nosurge cough) that's always a great option

Wait teased where? My PR email clearly states exclusively digital

The newsletter for the normal folks :p

Your summer romance begins this August! Amnesia: Memories will be available digitally on PSN and Steam in North America on August 25 and in Europe on August 26! It will be available for the PlayStation®Vita and will be compatible with PlayStation®TV.

Check out our Iffy-cial trailer!

Will we unlock a secret route to the heart of Iffy's Online Store...!? Will memories of an exclusive be revealed!? Stay tuned for next week's newsletter!

How much new stuff is in Toukiden Kiwami?

Originally wanted it for PS4 but might go for Vita again since I can't picture playing a hunting game shackled to a home console all the time.

Arthos

HDN 3 is coming out next week?! I still need to play through the first one. And man, the prices for the second have not dropped. At least not for a physical copy, that is.

I didn't know J Stars was being released next week. For those who imported it - is it any good?

SerTapTap

That Kingdom Hearts cover gets me oddly excited to play Neptunia Victory with S-Sha. She's definitely my favorite of the new Maker characters.

Have still played less than an hour of each X.5 KH. I watched the "movies" they made out of the DS games though. God I'm lazy

HDN 3 is coming out next week?! I still need to play through the first one. And man, the prices for the second have not dropped. At least not for a physical copy, that is.

There have been some digital sales but the retail prices don't seem to go too low. Lowest I've ever found is $20 for Neptunia PP which, as a game, is possibly the worst in the series since HDN 1 (but the humor is still great. It should have been a VN with an concern minigame not a life sim)

maouvin

Vita version runs just fine, and while I fancy the lightning system on the PS4 version it's not a game changer. As Prelude said, go for it if you like the portability.

How much new stuff is in Toukiden Kiwami?

Originally wanted it for PS4 but might go for Vita again since I can't picture playing a hunting game shackled to a home console all the time.

6 new Chapters and 7 new Phases, three new weapon types, 100 new mitama, 15 new* big onis, bunch of new craftable equipment (that go up to rank 9 now). Movesets for all weapons got some tweaks/upgrades too.
And here's the OT if you want to check it out.

*that's not counting recolors for these new ones, but some of them are more like reskins with a not-so-lazily updated moveset.

LogicGoat

Neo Member
There's some asia-based vitabros here that might help you. They'll have to scour the local shops and then ship it to you. Depending on your location + the game's price it might be a little bit steeper than usual.

I'm also here in asia, but work + school makes me go out so early in the morning and then too late in the evening.

Hi, thanks for the reply. No worries, I think wilflare might be able to help me out =)

I always check amiami, playasia (very rarely the best) and ebay. For older games that aren't on eBay I wouldn't know where to look though. There's some japanese auction sites but they're often very hard to use without knowing the japanese title for what you want (I guess FF is probably the same title though). Maybe Buyee? I don't know what the case you need looks like but these seem to be it

Hi, I had look through those auctions but I don't think I could find an English vita version Thank you anyway, though. =)

Even Buygame2 have it back ordered now. You might've missed the boat unfortunately.

However, keep an eye on that site too - I've used them before to get my copy of Oreshika, absolutely no problems whatsoever.

Hi, thanks for the link. I'll keep an eye on that for future releases =)

SerTapTap

So there is no chance of Nis porting over Disgaea 5 for Vita, right?

So they've said. I would expect less console -> Vita late ports from Japan personally, if they don't take Vita into consideration at launch I expect a lot of games to do stuff that's not easy/possible to port down.

SerTapTap

Probably possible, I assume it's built on a modified Disgaea 4 engine after all. Hope this one brings the story back, D2 was probably the most polished in terms of grind-efficiency but the story is very ho-hum.

Uh top of page buy Disgaea 5 or Neptunia Rebirth 3: Now Officially Less Fanservice Than Fire Emblem™

Top Bottom