• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | June 2015

Is Mind Zero actually good?
Hmm good question. Having played some of it myself I'll say that it is... A bit shitty lol. Everything about it feels undercooked, and I found the designs of the dungeons very bland. Are you desperate for a DRPG on the low-low in terms of $$ right now? Sure, pick it up. Be advised though, the game is no persona.

I was considering Mind Zero, but then I watched some gameplay and you can immediately see that the game is very low budget. And since practically no one has anything good to say about it... I'll skip it.

What about Conception II? It certainly didn't look as bad as Mind Zero from gameplay videos.

Even if it was super cheap?
That's why I added that last bit on my post. "If he's desperate" sure. Or else there much better alternatives for him, I think it's better to pay a little more and get something that you will actually play until the end, than buy something that is super mediocre and you most likely won't play for too long. All he or she has to do is watch some gameplay on YouTube and they will see what it looks like. And it's not good :p
What about Conception II? It certainly didn't look as bad as Mind Zero from gameplay videos.
Game's a bore fest tbh. Crammed with mechanics yet you won't use any of them since all you have to do is toggle auto-battle. And trust me, that's what you will end up doing, dreading every battle you get into. Which arguably is not what one would want to do in a turn based RPG. The story could save a game like this, but even then it isn't that great. I bought it, and regretted it soon after.

Li Kao

I was considering Mind Zero, but then I watched some gameplay and you can immediately see that the game is very low budget. And since practically no one has anything good to say about it... I'll skip it.

It's shit.
The problem is not the production value, the debatable theme or anything specific. It's just boring as all hell. Didn't play Mind Zero but I would think the two games are relatively comparable in their blandness.

Demon Gaze is only 1,20€ more than Mind btw. So get that if you didn't already play it.
Game's a bore fest tbh. Crammed with mechanics yet you won't use any of them since all you have to do is toggle auto-battle. And trust me, that's what you will end up doing, dreading every battle you get into. Which arguably is not what one would want to do in a turn based RPG. The story could save a game like this, but even then it isn't that great. I bought it, and regretted it soon after.

It's shit.
The problem is not the production value, the debatable theme or anything specific. It's just boring as all hell. Didn't play Mind Zero but I would think the two games are relatively comparable in their blandness.

The last time I suggested to buy it, everyone and their neighborhood stopped me. I'm actually interested in it too, but they all broke my heart.
So bad huh.. :/

Armaly

Hmm good question. Having played some of it myself I'll say that it is... A bit shitty lol. Everything about it feels undercooked, and I found the designs of the dungeons very bland. Are you desperate for a DRPG on the low-low in terms of $$ right now? Sure, pick it up. Be advised though, the game is no persona.

Mind Zero isn't a good game. It's mediocre and bland at just about everything it attempts. I would pass on it.

Thanks guys, I think i'll just save my money for the Drakengard 3/Nier dlc.

SerTapTap

Thanks guys, I think i'll just save my money for the Drakengard 3/Nier dlc.

Drakengard 3 is one of many games I now own and haven't played. Heard dreadful things about the performance though.

I wonder how many copies of Nier SE sold just by announcing Nier 2, I haven't heard of as many people playing Nier...well, ever, even at release, heh.

Taiko drum master adds megaman 2 song for early buyers
https://youtu.be/0sIGbE5fyVQ
http://gematsu.com/2015/06/taiko-drum-master-v-version-adds-mega-man-2-song-early-buyers

Some screens for zombie neptunia
Extreme-Dimension-Tag-Blanc-Neptune-VS-Zombie-Army_2015_06-25-15_003.jpg

http://gematsu.com/2015/06/extreme-dimension-tag-blanc-neptune-vs-zombie-army-screenshots

And last but not least Propaganda guys for Freedom Wars! XD
https://youtu.be/vzIR9qi-3Cw
http://gematsu.com/2015/06/freedom-wars-propaganda-idols-adds-contribution-guys-unit

guys don't make me do all the work

Cool, 4 player co op in Blanc then?

...so with all the stuff they're doing with the propaganda idols they HAVE to be doing a Freedom Wars 2/burst, right?

Li Kao

Uh, is there a way to check your download speed on PS4 ? I bought one not long ago and didn't really use it, so maybe I missed that, but when I checked my Driveclub download some minutes ago I didn't have access to that kind of info.

SerTapTap

Uh, is there a way to check your download speed on PS4 ? I bought one not long ago and didn't really use it, so maybe I missed that, but when I checked my Driveclub download some minutes ago I didn't have access to that kind of info.

There's a network test in the network settings, but even it warns that it's not particularly accurate. I thought the downloading thingies showed their speed in the notifications thinger.

Armaly

Can't speak for Drakengard but Nier is fucking excellent. And dat OST. My god.
Still waiting for them to release the D3 remixes of a few Nier tracks on cd.
Drakengard 3 is one of many games I now own and haven't played. Heard dreadful things about the performance though.

I wonder how many copies of Nier SE sold just by announcing Nier 2, I haven't heard of as many people playing Nier...well, ever, even at release, heh.

Woah, Nier has a special edition? I might have to hit up ebay.

Edit: And upon further review the Japanese Drakengard 3 CE came with a Chips music album that I don't have. The album has tracks ranging from D1 to Nier. Oh man.

wilflare

The games are already remastered, a PS4 version won't make them look much better.

but but... he can finally
stream the games
take Screenshots
take videos
and above all,
RemotePlay on the Vita...

Wil the problem is that like I said I have nothing else that I want to finish now. Borderlands is my "Destiny" so to speak, a game that I log in to for loot and shooting stuff, not for a story. All other stuff I have I don't feel like playing. The next game I'm buying is Lost Dimensions, and that's quite a ways off. KH is story heavy, and it's been in the bucket list forever now. Plus with gaming I'm very sporadic, and if anything if I don't start that day, I'll probably lose the will to play the game at all at a later date.

I understand :( I have the games... I haven't had the urge to play them...
if I can play them on the Vita (or the above options), it would be a major plus.

edit: sorry hahaha don't know what's up with me

SerTapTap

Still waiting for them to release the D3 remixes of a few Nier tracks on cd.

Woah, Nier has a special edition? I might have to hit up ebay.

Edit: And upon further review the Japanese Drakengard 3 CE came with a Chips music album that I don't have. The album has tracks ranging from D1 to Nier. Oh man.

Oops, no I meant SE for Square Enix, I've just heard a lot of people picking up the regular copy after the Nier 2 announcement

but but... he can finally
stream the games
take Screenshots
take videos
and above all,
RemotePlay on the Vita...

I understand :( I have the games... I haven't had the urge to play them...
if I can play them on the Vita (or the above options), it would be a major plus.

edit: sorry hahaha don't know what's up with me
GE2:RB isn't in your life or mine that's what's up. Don't worry friend. I share your pain. We'll be okay.
LOL :p

Oops, no I meant SE for Square Enix, I've just heard a lot of people picking up the regular copy after the Nier 2 announcement
I'm glad to hear it. The polarizing reviews scared people away from a fantastic, super different and weird game. Because yes that's what this is, a game, and it doesn't shy away from it, throwing all kinds of gameplay styles and mechanics at you. If people haven't played it yet, they totally should.

RK128

Just looked a review of Nier and the OST of the game on YouTube and.....wow, it looks interesting :D.

I like how it shifts gameplay styles despite it 'being' a Action RPG, the characters seem to be very charming (the dialog from the talking book is priceless XD) and the story seems very interesting. Might get that, considering I really want to play Platinum's Nier sequel when that comes out on PS4 :).

Armaly

Just looked a review of Nier and the OST of the game on YouTube and.....wow, it looks interesting :D.

I like how it shifts gameplay styles despite it 'being' a Action RPG, the characters seem to be very charming (the dialog from the talking book is priceless XD) and the story seems very interesting. Might get that, considering I really want to play Platinum's Nier sequel when that comes out on PS4 :).

Do it man! Hit up gamestop asap. They did a reprint of Nier last summer. They're new copies of the game but they're not shrink wrapped so they fall under preowned. It's a great game.

pariah164

I'm going to play devil's advocate here: I liked Conception II. Is it the best RPG ever? No, not even close. However, once I stopped seeing it as an RPG and started to take it for what it actually was, a visual novel with RPG elements, I enjoyed it a lot more. It's not a game you have to think intensely about, which I appreciated. Everyone's complaints about it are justified, but it's not the worst Vita game there is.

RK128

Do it man! Hit up gamestop asap. They did a reprint of Nier last summer. They're new copies of the game but they're not shrink wrapped so they fall under preowned. It's a great game.

Will do so in the next few days man :D.

Its just really nice that despite the core complaint about Nier being its combat, will be fixed just by Platinum Games being the developer for the new one; Square saw how impact the game was with the people who really enjoyed it, so they want to do the best job they can for its sequel :).

people

Drakengard 3 this time, forgot to actually buy it last time it was on sale.. I think I will pass on Mind Zero again though.

Vylash

I'm going to play devil's advocate here: I liked Conception II. Is it the best RPG ever? No, not even close. However, once I stopped seeing it as an RPG and started to take it for what it actually was, a visual novel with RPG elements, I enjoyed it a lot more. It's not a game you have to think intensely about, which I appreciated. Everyone's complaints about it are justified, but it's not the worst Vita game there is.

it certainly has its moments

it certainly has its moments

Please, my heart can't take it. Don't tempt me to buy conception 2.

Li Kao

Mmh, my PS4 network test showed me I was on a nat type 3, and it's supposedly a bad thing. After barely renaming the PS4 in my router connexion manager and I'm type 2 (don't ask, tech hates me).
Now the wonderful, absolutely fantastic time begins : opening fucking ports to be type 1. I viscerally hate network configuration, I'm stupid, I don't speak network configuration.
Oh God...

Massa

Mmh, my PS4 network test showed me I was on a nat type 3, and it's supposedly a bad thing. After barely renaming the PS4 in my router connexion manager and I'm type 2 (don't ask, tech hates me).
Now the wonderful, absolutely fantastic time begins : opening fucking ports to be type 1. I viscerally hate network configuration, I'm stupid, I don't speak network configuration.
Oh God...

NAT 2 is fine if your console is behind a router.

Just set up a DMZ for your PS4, that shouldn't be too hard and solves most issues.

Li Kao

NAT 2 is fine if your console is behind a router.

Just set up a DMZ for your PS4, that shouldn't be too hard and solves most issues.

Yeah I just saw a simple video tutorial that showed how to set up a static ip and dmz for the PS4. I would prefer to do it the cleanest way with port opening but I fear I'm a little outta my league here.

Tizoc

Mighty Switch Force 1 and 2 better be next in line for release on PSN, as both are becoming available on Steam.

bobohoro

Quick question: Should I actually play Prinny 1&2 in order, or is it best to just go straight to 2 because it does everything better and there isn't much I'd miss by skipping one?

RK128

Mighty Switch Force 1 and 2 better be next in line for release on PSN, as both are becoming available on Steam.

If WayFoward brought there flagship series (Shantae) to the PS4, I'm sure Mighty Switch Force and there other tittles are not far behind :).

Shizuka

Dingo(project diva & P4:DAN) is recruiting people for an action rpg, programmers need expererience with vita, ios and android.
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/2...ll-night-dev-recruiting-for-an-original-game/

I'm done with Siliconera. They can't share news without becoming opinion pieces, half of the news are about MMO and mobile games and they can't even get their facts together (Dingo didn't develop P4DAN, they dropped the project a little after the game was announced). It's been months since they shared something Gematsu didn't already shared faster and better.

autoduelist

Mind Zero isn't a good game. It's mediocre and bland at just about everything it attempts. I would pass on it.

Even if it was super cheap?

I have platinum'd both Conception 2 and Mind Zero.

Conception 2 is worthless. Mind Zero has one redeeming feature.

Conception 2 has all the bells and whistles... lots of fancy game mechanics and cool ideas and all sorts of other stuff. But as someone else said, the game balance is broken and you will autobattle throughout. None of the mechanics matter -- and that's a lot of mechanics -- battlefield positioning, chaining attacks, cool attacks, none of it matters. It's a boring, terrible grind. Zero redeeming value.

------

Mind Zero looks bland. It plays bland at times. But it's got an engaging combat system. Basically, you have a human and demon form, and when you're in demon form your SP takes damage instead of your HP. Skills cost TP, but TP can only be recovered while you're in human form (and thus at risk). There are some other cool things going on too. There are The game is balanced very well (I played on hard) and is challenging throughout.

Basically, what this means is that unlike many drpgs, combat can be engaging. You'll be shifting back and forth between human and demon, looking for a chance to pull off an attack, or heal, or recover TP. Bosses, in particular, could be nice long dances where 2 of your characters might be dead at one point, but you skillfully manage to get everyone back up and running. But if you do backtrack for some reason, you can autobattle which is nice.

Now... that said, everything else is bland. Dungeon design is bland (only the post-game dungeon is really well designed), art is bland, most enemies are just color shifts, lewt is bland,etc. Some of their interesting ideas failed -- for example, you find skill cards and can give them to anyone... which is a great idea at first, until you realize that really makes the characters all feel samey eventually (no classes).

------

Conception 2 has about 10 times more to talk about regarding it's combat system. But none of that matters, because you'll never care about any of it since autobattle is faster. Mind Zero has less going for it, but it gets combat (mostly) right.

So between those two, MZ. Do not expect persona. It's not persona. It's a bland drpg with an interesting take on combat that feels generic/bland in every other way.
---

Despite its flaws, I enjoyed MZ. I hated my time with C2.

I'm done with Siliconera. They can't share news without becoming opinion pieces, half of the news are about MMO and mobile games and they can't even get their facts together (Dingo didn't develop P4DAN, they dropped the project a little after the game was announced). It's been months since they shared something Gematsu didn't already shared faster and better.
I'm kinda on the same opinion as you now that you mention it, me not visiting their website anymore came naturally without me even noticing it. I just stopped going there, and the whole reason why is because of what you said. I don't even go on IGN anymore. I use Gematsu and GAF for news, Kinda Funny for entertainment and gaming discussion and that's it.

Kudo

I hardly ever look for gaming news outside Gaf now but if I do I only check Gematsu, one thing I don't like about them is the copy-paste protection but I don't really mind, as they're in my opinion the best site for gaming news.

Shizuka

I hardly ever look for gaming news outside Gaf now but if I do I only check Gematsu, one thing I don't like about them is the copy-paste protection but I don't really mind, as they're in my opinion the best site for gaming news.

Just delete the link that shows up when you copy their text and include the proper source for the text, that's what I do.

Vylash

if you don't mind trudging through average gameplay and an average story for some great waifus, conception 2 is pretty cool

Top Bottom