• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | March 2015

Nope, nothing yet. Although I DID just place the order on the 6th (I remember them saying place it before the 8th to get release date delivery).

Also used PayPal, and funds have already been taken out. So I'm expecting to maybe get an email within the next couple of days hopefully.

Ah, I'm guessing your order is being processed then. You'll hopefully get an email in a day or two.

kng3025

Bought myself a little gift for my birthday. I couldn't decide on which color to get at first but ended up getting the lime green one. I should've gotten this one in the first place over my black one.

3uxt8ks.jpg

Nice, man. You could spoil yourself some more and get the newly released Hotline Miami 3
whoops, wrong number. I mean 2
and the first, if you haven't already played it.

Hotline Miami 3
whoops, wrong number. I mean 2
Heh.

The soundtrack for this game is fucking amazing I'll give you that. It's the perfect mesh of 80s-90s and techno/electro sound. I still listen to the first one once in a while and it's great, but this new one is much much better. Great variety (over 50 tracks) and great quality.

kng3025

Yeah of course. I got it this morning about to play some now.

If i wasn't swamped with school work,I'd be playing until I either died due to the sheer awesomeness of the game,or snapped my vita in half out of frustration. Only managed to play a bit and completed the first level. Enjoyed the few minutes I tried.

Heh.

The soundtrack for this game is fucking amazing I'll give you that. It's the perfect mesh of 80s-90s and techno/electro sound. I still listen to the first one once in a while and it's great, but this new one is much much better. Great variety (over 50 tracks) and great
quality.

Exactly what I wanted to hear. Thought the soundtrack for the first was phenomenal,and was worried the the second wouldn't be as good. Glad I don't have to worry about that anymore.

MUSYNC updated a few days ago, anyone been playing?

MUSYNC V1.12
2 new songs (IAP)
After Dawn - An electronic dubstep track
我要买买买 - A high tempo pop vocaloid track

MUSYNC post-launch has been kind of frustrating due to the unevenness of the songs. Only one of the IAP songs has really grabbed me so far, and the newer free songs aren't that compelling. And it's really weird when you have dubstep and techno next to kiddy songs, you know?

Every time I start it up I just find myself playing Mirai Miracle again. They did get it right with the initial song list.

autoduelist

Tiny Troopers - Joint Ops (vita)

Totally average in every way. It's essentially a multi-unit (usually team of 2 or 3) dual stick shooter with boring level design and ho hum enemy ai. Its mobile roots are obvious.

bobawesome

I've finally found the time to contact Sony for a service request for my Vita 2000's stuck pixel problem. It was a Christmas gift from my parents and they no longer have the receipt so I'll be unable to include it along with the system when I send it in. Am I S.O.L. when it comes to getting a repair free of charge? Surely they'll have the common sense to let it be repaired for free since this model came out in the U.S. less than a year ago, right?

CrovaxPSO

I got my copy of Fuuraiki 3 finally and a few people wanted some impressions. First, I knew the game was a visual novel, but it's really a visual novel. There's a ton of text, which isn't really surprising I guess, but there's a lot of text and dialogue before you ever get to the travel portion of the game. With zero or very limited knowledge of Japanese, a ton of the game will be lost and tedious. Even with a little more moderate understanding, there's a lot I don't know without having to look up kanji. So far all of the spoken dialogue other than your character is fully voiced, so that helps a lot.

The traveling part is much easier to figure out, and is actually really enjoyable and relaxing. You pick directions as you travel along roads (left, right, forward, turn around) to choose your direction, and sometimes there are spots you can stop and explore a bit off the motorcycle. Even without fully understanding all of the text or dialogue, it's still pretty easy to get a sense of what's going on, and the game is super charming even though it's mostly static photographs. The map of Hokkaido seems really dense with spots to stop at. You can take photographs of pretty much any scene and then at night, select which ones to upload along with a blog post of the day's activities.

I'm way into the travel part of the game and interacting with the characters, but it's pretty difficult to understand everything because of the sheer volume of text and dialogue. It's a tough recommendation because of that unless your Japanese knowledge is far better than mine, but if you don't mind that part, the travel and exploration stuff is still pretty interesting and enjoyable.

jzbluz

MUSYNC updated a few days ago, anyone been playing?

MUSYNC V1.12
2 new songs (IAP)
After Dawn - An electronic dubstep track
我要买买买 - A high tempo pop vocaloid track

I was going to ask about this game. I was wondering if I should download it before PSM shuts down.

Maid

Banned
Luminous Arc Infinity Sings Details About Song Magic And MVP Heroines

As for the battles, they’re done in turn-based fashion, with the protagonist having unique commands to support the characters. The other characters get support from the protagonist, as they use songs to take on the battles.

The above demonstrates what happens when song magic is used. “Calling” is where you can use songs to power up allies within vicinity. These power-ups can increase regular attacks, Arts, and more.

When using the Calling feature, it also activates an effect that involves all the heroines nearby, as part of the “Ensembling” system. When used, the effects can multiply. It starts out with a Solo, then can go into a Duet, Trio, or Quartet for better buffs.

I'm liking what I'm seeing. I want more RPG with music. Too bad we will never get Shining Resonance.

Renpatsu

I was going to ask about this game. I was wondering if I should download it before PSM shuts down.
Maybe consider it if you can't play DJMAX Portable and you're itchin' to play a DJMAX-like with a mix of electronic and vocaloid music. It's not the best value and as Remembrance stated post-launch have been kind of sluggish - however for a music-rhythm game from a Chinese independent developer there is some fun to be had.

deadfolk

Wow Shallie Plus already?
16158194593_1364b95ed6_o.jpg

Wait...part 3 of the Dusk trilogy? So Ayesha is part 1...Escha & Logy is part 2. Are the skipping E&L or what? I see that it's only just out in JP, but wtf? Why are they porting them in seemingly random order? Again.

I got my copy of Fuuraiki 3, etc.

Does the text stay on-screen until you press a button so you can take as long as you need to look it up? I'm nowhere near at that level yet, but if you can take your time to translate it might go on my list for much later.

Wait...part 3 of the Dusk trilogy? So Ayesha is part 1...Escha & Logy is part 2. Are the skipping E&L or what? I see that it's only just out in JP, but wtf? Why are they porting them in seemingly random order? Again.

The PS3 game was mistakenly listed on the Vita store. There is no Shallie Plus yet

Shinriji

Hopefully Sony will reach the most sucessful PSM developers to graduate to the vita PSN store.

Meanwhile, buy the gaffer-made Shovel Shuffle. A nice, simple puzzle game and I helped with the portuguese localization!

Hopefully Sony will reach the most sucessful PSM developers to graduate to the vita PSN store.

Meanwhile, buy the gaffer-made Shovel Shuffle. A nice, simple puzzle game and I helped with the portuguese localization!

Its't it free? I tested it out just a moment ago and it's actually quite fun.

I got my copy of Fuuraiki 3 finally

Thanks for this! I was indeed after impressions and now you've managed to both sell me on the game and convince me I didn't want it.

Everything I've imported so far has been VN-esque only briefly, with great chunks of gameplay in. While I don't properly understand the VN parts, the gameplay makes up for it.

I'd imagine it'd be the same here because the exploration parts you've described sound lovely, but it also sounds like there's a lot more VN sections than I'm used to...

Anyway, if you don't mind, please post impressions again at some point! I'm still interested in hearing about the game.

A lot of the best ones have already made the jump (Surge; OMG Zombies; Aqua Kitty; Rock Boshers etc.), but there are still quite a few missing that I think would do well to come across. Rymdkapsel in particular as an expanded game would be ace; and Tokyo Jungle Mobile I've heard is pretty robust.

I'm not gutted by the news of PSM shutting down because it never reached its true potential, but I do hope Sony can do something to support the devs who made the better stuff for it.

deadfolk

The PS3 game was mistakenly listed on the Vita store. There is no Shallie Plus yet

Oh, I get it! I thought the error was just that it was listed early. That makes more sense.

On another subject, devs and publishers are trying to kill me this month! On top of all the releases:

• they put Senran Kagura 2 up for preorder (which I jumped on - no pun intended)
  • all the Sega 3D classics (except Sonic, which I already have) are 50% off
  • 3DS Phoenix Wright Trilogy is some% off
  • Rockstar sale on PSN
  • Sleeping Dogs on sale
  • Carmageddon Reincarnation is on sale on Steam
...and I'm still trying to get approval to preorder Bloodborne.

Holy mother of God people...timing is everything.

Going to be some painful prioritisation going on.

SerTapTap

Is Scram Kitty any less...weird than it was on Wii U? They eventually fixed the wonky difficulty curve I think but fighting aliens was still awful and while novel I never really dug the control scheme.

Can Sony please ban Rainbow Moon from putting their shit microtransactions on sale. I swear they're on sale almost every week and they take up multiple pages. They're not even all sorted together. Checking sales is a huge pain with all that crap mixed in.

EU store seems to be having a good sale. Anything for the US this week?

I see several indies on sale but own too many to actually see the prices on the web store. Velocity Ultra PS3 is $4 though

Hikami

Ended up finishing Oreshika faster than I thought. Great game, would probably keep on playing it or start a new game if I didn't have so many other games to finish..

antibolo

Banned

HAHAHAHAHA no.

So what are the must-have PSM games to get before it shuts down?

Off the top of my head I already have
- Ten By Eight
- Gunhouse
- Rymsadnjfiesomething
- Tokyo Jungle Mobile
- Tuffy the Corgy and the Tower of Bones
- Super Crate Box

I heard lots of positive praise for Musync so I guess I should get that?

Shizuka

HAHAHAHAHA no.

- Ten By Eight
- Gunhouse
- Rymsadnjfiesomething
- Tokyo Jungle

Chaos Blade, that Muramasa copy, Musync, Cytus Lambda.

SerTapTap

HAHAHAHAHA no.

- Ten By Eight
- Gunhouse
- Rymsadnjfiesomething
- Tokyo Jungle Mobile
- Super Crate Box

There were already several "ascended" PSM games, like Rock Boshers DX...not sure if Sony reached out or they just did it on their own. They still have Vita dev relations people, despite what some would want you to believe/want to believe themselves.

Not sure of any good ones beyond those and the ones that already have native versions though. Don't forget to redownload the ones that were offered free. Oh right, there's the incredibly English-unfriendly Rymdkapsel which is supposed to be pretty good I think.

VLiberty

I guess it wouldn't have been that big a difference if Sony kept making Vita games. Their WWS and "second party" management has been so shit lately.

Yes, let's get a list together in this thread and then someone can post a PSA thread before the service shuts down entirely. I personally have never liked any PSM game I played (even Super Crate Box) so I don't think this is a big loss.

But Sony needs to find another/better way to lower any barriers that might be in place for games from very small or bedroom devs to get good games on the main Vita marketplace.

ChrisD

So how is the license check going to work now? Super Crate Box has to connect to Wi-Fi every once in a while, otherwise it won't launch. Is that requirement to be removed?

Top Bottom