• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | March 2015

bobohoro

Pre-ordering amiibos nowadays is nearly impossible, they are sold out within minutes. You have to be the sort of really dedicated person who hangs out in amiibo collecting communities to stand a chance at finding a pre-order window.

Yeah, it's kinda sad. I really like the amiibo-idea and would have certainly bought a few, but after my experience with the Shulk amiibo I'm kinda turned off for the most part.

Shizuka

I'm getting Hotline Miami 2 today, but I haven't finished the first game. Does anyone know if I should finish the first game before playing the second one?

Pre-ordering amiibos nowadays is nearly impossible, they are sold out within minutes. You have to be the sort of really dedicated person who hangs out in amiibo collecting communities to stand a chance at finding a pre-order window.

Yeah, and I think that is my problem. I have a bunch of page monitors running, reddit /r/amiibo on auto-refresh. I can't stop doing these things until I can pre-order the next wave. And of course, that feeds into the obsession.

ANYWAYS, I can't wait to use my $5 credit that I got at PAX East on Hotline Miami 2! I also preordered the CE, but since it was a late pre-order I believe it's going to be a while before I get it.

I'm getting Hotline Miami 2 today, but I haven't finished the first game. Does anyone know if I should finish the first game before playing the second one?

You should finish the first game because it's awesome; irrespective of your plans for the second.

(Why are you buying the second if you haven't finished the first?)

Shizuka

You should finish the first game because it's awesome; irrespective of your plans for the second.

(Why are you buying the second if you haven't finished the first?)

I remember I got stuck on a level near the end of the game and moved on to another game. I'm getting the second one because it has a first week discount and I take these games as a gameplay-first kind of games.

I remember I got stuck on a level near the end of the game and moved on to another game. I'm getting the second one because it has a first week discount and I take these games as a gameplay-first kind of games.

Ah. Fair enough. I forget how hard I found HM1 at first because I've replayed it so many times now.

Definitely though, you should finish the first. And then also go for the secret ending. I have no idea if it's any relation to the story of the second game, but it's worth seeing.

antibolo

Banned

I see no reason to not finish the first one before starting the sequel. It's not a long game anyway. Though you should still buy it now for the launch discount.

Massa

If you're that close to the end you may just want to watch a breakdown of the first game's story on Youtube. There's a lot more to it than it seems.

No idea about the second game though, I'm going in completely blind.

v1perz53

I dunno, I had no problem pre-ordering any of the Wave 3 amiibo that weren't retailer specific. Now getting a Shulk or MetaKnight (GS/BestBuy exclusive respectively) was impossible, but I just give up hope on those. All other Wave 3 though were available on Amazon for at least a week after pre-orders went up. I know because that was when I got mine.

I do expect Wave 4 to be different, but I am curious as to how different.

E: There are also plenty of websites that will track items on something like Amazon, and email you when an item is available. I guess if the time between getting that email and going to the site isn't enough it wasn't meant to be.

antibolo

Banned
I dunno, I had no problem pre-ordering any of the Wave 3 amiibo that weren't retailer specific. Now getting a Shulk or MetaKnight (GS/BestBuy exclusive respectively) was impossible, but I just give up hope on those. All other Wave 3 though were available on Amazon for at least a week after pre-orders went up. I know because that was when I got mine.

I do expect Wave 4 to be different, but I am curious as to how different.

Pre-orders for wave 4 have already come and go, as far as I know. I could be wrong though, I don't keep myself current for sake of keeping my sanity in check. I would love a Lucina though, she's the only one I need for my complete female character collection (until wave 5 is announced).

autoduelist

Help me VitaGAF, get me away from Nintendo. I am addicted to buying amiibos. At least Hotline Miami 2 will keep me occupied for a while...

Every time you go to buy one, think of people going crazy to buy Beanie Babies. Specifically, think of Beanie Baby hoarders that still have rooms full of thousands of them, and know all their names.

And then just think... that could be you!

v1perz53

Pre-orders for wave 4 have already come and go, as far as I know. I could be wrong though, I don't keep myself current for sake of keeping my sanity in check. I would love a Lucina though, she's the only one I need for my complete female character collection (until wave 5 is announced).

Yea, Lucina is the only Wave 4 I care about. I also don't keep up with it for sanity's sake, besides signing up for notifications from one website. I don't believe wave 4 pre-order happened yet, because none of them even have an amazon page and typically it would still show up only it would say unavailable, but I could certainly be wrong. Either way, the handling of amiibo is stupid for sure, I try not to trouble myself with them too much, but I still like the ones I have and would not mind having more.

Anyway, back on topic with this thread I guess, why are all the spring fever games I want among the later ones. No real interest in Helldivers (pretty much anything marketed as "a great co-op game" is a no for me since my internet can't handle online and nobody at med school plays games), Hotline Miami never clicked, but man I can't wait for Axiom Verge and Titan Souls. Own Jamestown and Bastion on steam already, so those depend on how I feel about the price in the heat of the moment.

Actually tempted to buy DmC DE today because that game is so much better at 60 FPS, but it always hurts buying a game I already have through PS+.

Every time you go to buy one, think of people going crazy to buy Beanie Babies. Specifically, think of Beanie Baby hoarders that still have rooms full of thousands of them, and know all their names.

And then just think... that could be you!

There are some great videos of interviews with people today who spent thousands on Beanie Babies back in the day thinking they would be worth more later on.

Jomjom

Banned
Store hasn't updated yet, but just wanted to remind people that the first 3 episodes of Powers is out for PS+ members already. Also the first episode is free for everyone. I like it so far!

Maid

Banned
Anyway, back on topic with this thread I guess, why are all the spring fever games I want among the later ones. No real interest in Helldivers (pretty much anything marketed as "a great co-op game" is a no for me since my internet can't handle online and nobody at med school plays games), Hotline Miami never clicked, but man I can't wait for Axiom Verge and Titan Souls. Own Jamestown and Bastion on steam already, so those depend on how I feel about the price in the heat of the moment.

That's a shame, since this is one of the few games I genuinely think it's a great co-op game, especially local co-op. Honestly, though, no one at med school plays games?

Also, I think you should save your money for the DMC4 definition version instead.

fijim

Banned
How does PS4 remote play compare to the PlayStation Now service?

I just tried two games on PlayStation Now and they both worked flawlessly. No perceptible lag, no slow down, no video artifacting or blocking, I tried God of War Ascension and it was perfectly playable. I was actually surprised with how well it worked.

v1perz53

That's a shame, since this is one of the few games I genuinely think it's a great co-op game, especially local co-op. Honestly, though, no one at med school plays games?

Also, I think you should save your money for the DMC4 definition version instead.

It really is the worst since I love playing local co-op, grew up on couch co-op with my brother. But yea, at school we started a "gaming" club and across 4 years of students we have 9 members, and it is pretty much limited to people playing Mario Kart or Smash on N64 once every two months, or a couple people who play League of Legends. Small class size and the general attitude of most students in med school hurts the availability of people to play with. That plus the fact that my current internet blocks all game systems (has to be secure enough for hospital records) means I have no local or online co-op options.

And yea, I saw the DMC4 teaser right after I posted that, can't wait for that!

Tizoc

Man eff all these boobs and fanservice, where my MANSERVICE AT XSEED
QaJIb16.jpg

I'm slightly afraid of the answer, but is the FFXV demo included with Type0 a part of the final game or unique content?

The digital ver. comes with the demo yes. I'm waiting for US PSN to offer the pre-order so I can save my brother some cash :p

deadfolk

The digital ver. comes with the demo yes. I'm waiting for US PSN to offer the pre-order so I can save my brother some cash :p

That's good to know, but I think you misunderstood my poorly-phrased question. :)

I was asking whether the demo is a part of the full game or something would wouldn't see in the game. Like in Bravely/Default - the demo was totally unique content that was not in the game.

How does PS4 remote play compare to the PlayStation Now service?

I just tried two games on PlayStation Now and they both worked flawlessly. No perceptible lag, no slow down, no video artifacting or blocking, I tried God of War Ascension and it was perfectly playable. I was actually surprised with how well it worked.

Your network may vary. I found Now to be better than remote play. However I got my PS4 hardwired. Most of my remote play is on Vita and I don't think Vita's networking is very good.

SerTapTap

QaJIb16.jpg

Xseed added manservice to Akiba's trip, not like they're against it. I'd be glad to see them bring over perversion for everyone

Says label has been created and ready for UPS* pick up.

Don't know why I'm so excited for Type-0, I don't even have a PS4.

I bought it for the Amano steelbook tbh. I figure the FF15 demo and game will help make up most of the rest of the $85 I spent on it (thanks gamer's club unlocked)

Tohsaka

QaJIb16.jpg

I think they said there was an issue with that game's vertical text that would make it tough to localize into English.

SerTapTap

I think they said there was an issue with that game's vertical text that would make it tough to localize into English.

Is it part VN or? Senran Kagura Bon Appetit just said screw it and localized it's main menu as vertical text. But yeah if it's a lot of text that's a problem. Darn languages and their differences

Shun

Yessssssss, I brought it back to the store and I got a new fresh 32GB card!

Praying that this one doesn't screw up like the last one.

O(^∇^)O

Takao

Banned
Is it part VN or? Senran Kagura Bon Appetit just said screw it and localized it's main menu as vertical text. But yeah if it's a lot of text that's a problem. Darn languages and their differences

It's primarily a visual novel with some rhythm game sections thrown in.

Tizoc

Give it some time. It will come up. They are just updating the store now.

Rule #1 of US PS Store updates: If you see a Plus discount, consider it to be cheaper than what it should be. If it is, grab the game.
Rule #2 of US PS Store updates: If you see no discounts or anything you like, check back on Wednesday.

SerTapTap

So if I have a review copy of a game it'd be weird to do an OT (released post embargo), right? Plus I've never done an OT.

It's being shipped from Nashville, Tennessee.

I got mine from Bestbuy so I'll be lucky if it arrives on release date, let alone early. It certainly hasn't shipped yet

It's primarily a visual novel with some rhythm game sections thrown in.

Oh...yeah that's going to be unpleasant then.

antibolo

Banned
Oh wow, Powers is not available in Canada. Half of the comments on the PS Blog post are complaining about how they didn't even bother mentioning it.

Not that I really cared about it, but that's just fucking absurd. Sony can't even launch their own original content internationally? Hell, can't even properly launch in the whole North America?? Really, Sony?? What's your fucking excuse? Can't do what Netflix has done since day one of making original content?

SerTapTap

Oh wow, Powers is not available in Canada. Half of the comments on the PS Blog post are complaining about how they didn't even bother mentioning it.

Not that I really cared about it, but that's just fucking absurd. Sony can't even launch their own original content internationally? Hell, can't even properly launch in the whole North America?? Really, Sony?? What's your fucking excuse? Can't do what Netflix has done since day one of making original content?

Sony confirmed as Microsoft

Top Bottom